Update: Warface is now available on Nintendo Switch worldwide. We've updated this article with more information on the Switch version of the game, a new trailer, and added some Switch-specific screenshots.
Original Article: MY.GAMES' popular first-person shooter game Warface has appeared on the Nintendo Switch eShop, available to download as we speak.
The game is a free-to-play, tactical FPS title which has more than 80 million registered players across other platforms. The console version of the game is developed by Allods Team, and this newly-released Switch edition comes with some unique features:
- It’s the first CryEngine-powered title on Nintendo Switch. The game is using a heavily customised version of CryEngine and is running locked in 30FPS/720p in TV mode and 540p in handheld and tabletop modes, providing an optimal balance of image clarity and performance
- The development was done by MY.GAMES’ in-house studio Allods Team, known for PS4 and Xbox One versions of Warface and Skyforge
- Warface on Nintendo Switch supports some platform-specific features like gyro controls for more precise aiming, HD Rumble, and Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
- Online multiplayer and voice chat is supported without a need for paid Nintendo Online subscription
- All PvE missions will be available at launch, as well as 5 PvP modes (Team Deathmatch, Free For All, Plant the Bomb, Storm, Blitz), 3 Special Operations (The HQ, Cold Peak, Earth Shaker). Players will be unlocking new content and game modes every week
- Switch version also includes the latest Warface: Titan update adding the 5th playable class to the game, the SED.
In addition to the Switch release, the game's 'Warface: Titan' update is also now available on other systems. Here are some screenshots of the Switch version:
If you want to check it out, make sure to go ahead and download it from the eShop for free. Before you go, though, make sure to let us know your thoughts on this announcement in the comments below.