Digerati and developer Failbetter Games have revealed that Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition is coming to Nintendo Switch in Q1/Q2 2020.
The game is a critically acclaimed gothic horror RPG which was actually successfully funded in just four hours on Kickstarter a couple of years ago. It went on to raise a total of £377,952 and launched on PC in January this year. We've got a description and feature list for you to check out below:
Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition is a Gothic Horror roleplay game with a focus on exploration and exquisite storytelling. Ready your star-faring engine, and venture into an expanse of hostile factions, lurking deities, forbidden knowledge, vast fortune, and fates worse than death.
- A narrative RPG set in the Fallen London universe.
- Explore four regions: celestial wilderness, impossible industrial empire, pagan midnight expanse, and the mysterious Blue Kingdom.
- Choose your crew and your fate. Reveal your captain’s history and skills. Change and be changed by the world.
- Danger lurks in the heavens. Fight or flee from sky-beasts and enemy ships, and balance fuel, supplies and hunger to carve out a life in the skies.
- 800,000+ words of intertwining stories with a depth and richness unlike anything else in games
It certainly looks and sounds like it could be a winner on Switch; the game currently has a score of 86 on Metacritic and has been named among the best games of the year by a number of outlets.
Liking the sound of it? Let us know if you'll be keeping an eye out for this one with a comment below.