If you picked up a copy of Mortal Kombat 11 last week, or even if you've just been keeping an eye on the news, you probably know that it could definitely do with some tweaks here and there.
Developer NeatherRealm Studios recently revealed that it will be pushing updates to the game across all platforms, hoping to address the reward balancing issues raised by less-than-happy fans. While that particular update is still to come, the Switch version has now received a separate patch to address other, smaller elements of the game.
- Character and gameplay balancing
-Audio and localization updates
- Character tutorials are now available
- Overall stability improvements
- General fixes
On top of that, all players across all platforms will receive some extra in-game items to help you overcome the game's challenges.
We’re aware of the difficulty issues in Towers of Time, and while we’ve made some changes, rest assured there are more on the way. To help you along your way, everyone will receive:
- 500,000 Koins
- 500 Hearts
- 1,000 Soul Fragments
- 1,000 Time Krystals
As it turns out, the patch that is set to fix the reward balancing issues will be split into two further updates. Publisher, Warner Bros., has explained how it'll all work:
For the Nintendo Switch, we have two patches in progress. We’re aiming to have the first patch in this series released in the next day or two.
- Character tuning to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time
- Reduce AI health to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time
- Reduce effects and frequency of most difficult modifiers in Towers of Time
- Overall improvements to stability
The second patch is in progress and we’ll let you know as soon as we have a release date. This update will include:
- Reduce AI difficulty
- Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time
- Thank you gift (as mentioned above)
Have you been having trouble with the game in its current state? Are you confident that these updates will address the issues? Let us know in the comments below.