MixedBag has announced that Waking Violet is making its way to Nintendo Switch this week, launching on 29th June.
The game is a classic 2D top-down puzzle game featuring enchanting spells and a time-rewind mechanic. Playing as Violet, a shy teen with a desire to grow up, you get trapped inside a dream, unable to wake up and get out of this strange world. Every puzzle you solve will put you one step closer to waking up and escaping, finally getting back to your normal life, but it seems that you're in this dream for a reason and getting out of it might not be as easy as you'd initially hoped.
Here are some game features:
- 42 unforgiving levels
- Explore a magical world and discover what (or who) is keeping you there
- Gain mana, cast spells, fail, undo your moves and try again
- Exciting spells: shoot fireballs, walk on water, clone yourself to solve crazy levels
- Beautiful hand-drawn graphics with a unique style
- Amazing downtempo music to stimulate your concentration
The game is already available to pre-order, and doing so will net you a nice little discount. Pre-orders cost €4.99 / $4.99 / £4.25, with the game's full launch price scheduled to be €6.99 / $6.99 / £5.99. If you want to make use of this discount offer, make sure to get your pre-order in on the Nintendo eShop before 29th June.
Do you like the look of this one? Will you be treating yourself to a pre-order this week? Let us know in the comments.