Castle of Heart, that hard as nails platformer that slashed and hacked its way onto the Switch eShop earlier this year, has just received a substantial new update - one that addresses a number of issues players - including our very own Damien McFerran in his review - have raised with its developer.
As you can see from the patch notes below, 7Levels has made a lot of changes post launch, including adjusting combat, general character animations, balancing issues and more. The game certainly won't be any easier, but there's a chance it won't be punishing for all the wrong reasons:
- In-game tutorial – several things were designed from scratch, while others were remodeled. It will help you understand better the core gameplay mechanics, like leveling up and the use of power-ups
- Character’s animations – better control over the main character was our main goal. In order to achieve it, we have polished some animations. The result is that our knight reacts immediately to you want him to do (like jumping, punching, shooting, picking up weapons and so on)
- Combat – we received a lot of feedback on that, so we have focused on improving it, especially on polishing the blocking mechanics
- Second weapon – by popular demand, we have added indicators informing you about the second weapon’s power. A small, yet an important change
- Easy Mode – we have heard your comments loud and clear and we reckon that the game might be a bit too challenging at times. This mode was added for the gamers that simply enjoy exploring the game’s world
- Balance – we have improved this feature and we hope you will notice it
- Bugs – we fixed the ones that we could find, so they shouldn’t distract you any more
Have you been playing Castle of Heart? Have you already played the game post-update? We'd love to hear your thoughts right here on NintendoLife.com...