Digerati and Blue Wizard Digital have announced that Slayaway Camp: Butcher's Cut will be arriving on Nintendo Switch next month, and with a shiny new trailer to boot.
Slayaway Camp is a killer puzzle game where you control Skullface, a psychotic slasher hell-bent on revenge. Inspired by '80s horror movies, the game sees you throwing your murder-loving protagonist around hundreds of isometric puzzle levels to squash, flay, and decapitate your helpless victims.
As well as boasting a generous amount of mind-twisting puzzles, the Switch version of the game also features touchscreen controls if you choose to play in handheld mode. There is also a 'PG' mode for those who don't want to see endless gory blood splattered all over their screen. You can check out the full feature list below.
• Includes the base game and the following additional content: Deluxe Edition, My Gory Valentine, HellCamp, Monthly Murderers Series 1 & 2, Supernatural Forces, and Santa’s Slay
• 300+ Fiendish puzzle levels to massacre your way through
• 60+ Killers to cause comical carnage with, including deranged wackos such as Mutant Hillbilly, Kevin, and the killer inter-dimensional clown: THAT
• 90+ Gorepacks with delightfully OTT kill scenes to shock and entertain
• Not a fan of comic ultraviolence? No problem! Enjoy the sanitised safety of PG Mode for a bloodless and gore-free good time
• Intense finger action! Play using touchscreen controls in handheld mode
• Starring Mark Meer (Cdr. Shepard from Mass Effect) as Skullface and Derek Mears (Jason from Friday the 13th) as Jessica
• Genuine hair-metal soundtrack by legendary Canadian group GNÜ TRUNTION
• Created by Jason Kapalka (Peggle, Bejewelled), Nate Schmold & Jessi Ross (Cosmochoria) and Ido Yehieli (Cardinal Quest)
• Slayaway Camp was recently selected as an overall winner at the annual Google Play Indie Games Festival
This is the debut game from Blue Wizard Digital, an indie studio formed by PopCap co-founder Jason Kapalka and, between them, the team has previously worked on extremely well-established titles such as Bejeweled and Peggle. The exact release date for this title is 'still-to-be confirmed' but we're looking forward to seeing it in the flesh next month.
Can you see yourself sinking your teeth into this one? Let us know your thoughts below.