A little while ago MixedBag Games confirmed its various projects for the Switch eShop, with the studio also stepping in as publisher in a couple of cases. It already brought its own excellent title forma.8 to the store, and now there's a release date for Wheels of Aurelia, a game developed by Santa Ragione - it'll arrive on 2nd November.
It's an intriguing game as it blends isometric racing with a narrative tale - a playthrough is very short but your actions determine the ending, of which there are 16.
Check out the Switch launch trailer and some official details below.
Embark on an immersive road trip through the gritty western coast of Italy during the roaring 1970’s. Playing as Lella, a bold, spunky woman, experience the sights and sounds of a tumultuous time in Italy’s history while uncovering events from Lella’s storied past. Take the road less traveled, while meeting an unpredictable cast of dynamic characters along your journey and making detours along the way.
An interactive visual novel based on short moments in time during Lella’s travels, each playthrough ends with one of sixteen different endings based on your choices. Travel across the famous “Via Aurelia” and discover a new side of Italy in a thought-provoking game about the road trip, not the destination.
- Uncover Lella’s fierce personality and mysterious past while choosing each line of her dialogue in the game
- A compact game experience with sixteen different endings, each with its own epilogue
- All original Italian soundtrack provides emotional ambience to accompany the game’s narrative
- Original art by renowned illustrators, handcrafted to bring Italy to life in new and unexpected ways
- Rooted in researched and culturally accurate events during the 1970’s including kidnappings and extreme political turmoil
- Independent Games Festival Honorable Mention, IndieCade Nominee, Fantastic Arcade Game Spotlight
It certainly looks like a different sort of experience, and will potentially be well suited to short gameplay sessions on the go. It'll cost $9.99USD / €9.99 when it arrives.
Let us know if you're getting into gear to pick this up.