Splatoon wrapped up another Splatfest this past weekend, and continues to evolve and add new content on a weekly basis. The development team remains active in tweaking the game and applying fixes, too, and update 2.1.0 will arrive soon - at 598MB in Japan - to do just that.
The update is due to be preceded by some maintenance before going live at the standard update time (7pm Pacific / 10pm Eastern / 3am UK / 4am CET), albeit on this occasion it'll be implemented on Tuesday / Wednesday (2nd / 3rd September). A changelog has been posted and given a little more sense by those Splatoon fans over on Reddit; there are tweaks to weapon capabilities, while a couple of stage shortcuts and glitches are also due to be resolved.
- Arowana Mall: Adjusted terrain in one place to prevent squids from going through, all modes.
- Camp Triggerfish: Terrain adjustments to prevent players from directly jumping to the opponent's side, Turf War and Splat Zones
Main Weapon adjustments
- All Rollers: While moving, the movement of the field of view when raising the roller overhead has been fixed. The problem in question was changed in Ver. 2.0.0; this corrects it to be the same movement as in Ver. 1.3.0.
Sub Weapon adjustments
- Splash Wall: In the situation a bomb hits the enemy's Splash Wall, players standing on the other side of the Wall would receive damage. This has been corrected.
Ranked rule adjustments
- In Tower Control, if both team's counts (goal distances) are extremely close, in spite of differences between the counts, the on-screen display denoting the counts/numbers would show the same numbers. This has been fixed.
- In Tower Control, after advancing the tower to the same count, the enemy was unable to take the lead in the situation if the tower was then taken.
- In Ver. 2.0.0 it was "the team that takes the lead's count is decreased by 1," while before Ver. 1.3.0 it was "the team who had the lead taken from them's count is increased by 1."
- The problem of receiving Error 104-2230 after downloading the Ver. 2.0.0 update to be fixed.
- Other adjustments to the game have been made so players may have a more pleasant experience.
The resolution of connection error messages - which for some had shut off online play entirely - will be particularly welcome.
A solid list of changes, overall, but let us know what you think.