Let's hear it for New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of. Even if you don't appreciate such fine song lyrics as these, if you are in the New York area this weekend (13th - 15th February) you owe it to yourself to make it over to IndieCade East, where at least your dreams of playing lots of awesome indie games will easily be fulfilled. The show at the Museum of the Moving Image in New York offers three days of workshops, speakers and hands-on time with games from independent developers.
Nintendo is going large at the event this week and will be showcasing some of the coolest independent video games for its systems. Here are the delightful indie games which you can get your grubby mitts on at the event, as detailed in a press release:
- IronFall: Invasion from VD-Dev: This Nintendo 3DS exclusive takes full advantage of the C-Stick features of the New Nintendo 3DS XL system for better aiming. The game supports online and local multiplayer for up to six players, for fast and frantic fun.
- Moon Chronicles from Renegade Kid: An update is now available for this critically acclaimed first-person game, designed to fully use the extra control options available on New Nintendo 3DS XL – including the C-Stick and new ZL and ZR Buttons.
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse from WayForward: This game is now available in the Nintendo eShop, but Nintendo will be showing off updates that take advantage of New Nintendo 3DS XL.
- Gunman Clive 2 from Hörberg Productions: This Nintendo 3DS exclusive has a strong following, and its loyal fans have been hungry to check out this sequel, which launched Jan. 29 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Affordable Space Adventures from KnapNok Games and Nifflas Games: This suspenseful stealth puzzling Wii U exclusive features co-op play and will be playable at the show.
- Swords & Soldiers II from Ronimo Games: This side-scrolling strategy game, which is a Wii U exclusive and features local multiplayer, will be on hand at the show.
- Elliot Quest from PlayEveryWare: An 8-bit retro RPG game with a hero on a quest to cure his curse of immortality. Explore Urele Island and uncover its secrets when this game launches in March, exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
- Blek from Broken Rules & kunabi brother: Imagination and creativity come to life in this beautiful award-winning puzzle game that launched on Feb. 12 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
Nintendo of America's Damon Baker will also be hosting a seminar titled "Self-Publishing with Nintendo", which sounds intriguing and is a fairly common pitch from the company at events such as these. In addition to this indie game developers can learn how to work with Nintendo and learn what it takes to get their games published in the ever-expanding eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
As if all this wasn't enough our very own Lee Meyer will be in attendance too, so if you see him do say hi.