Toys "R" Us has been in touch with some clarification on the process for those looking to revive their cancelled amiibo pre-orders. It's been confirmed that those that paid with credit cards will have pre-orders re-instated, though others will need to follow an alternative process. As outlined below, we can expect more details on this alternative process to follow in the coming week.

Customers who purchased amiibo via credit card will have their amiibo pre-orders reinstated. If paid through PayPal or gift card, it is not possible to automatically reinstate an order. However, as mentioned, all customers will receive communication with instructions on if they need to and how to reorder their item.

Original Article:

Earlier this week there was a stir online when Toys "R" Us cancelled amiibo pre-orders in North America; due to stock issues with amiibo at various retailers there were rapid rumours of delays to wave 3 figures due in early 2015, for example. This was particularly worrying for those desperate to get hold of a Lucario toy in the region, as it's exclusive to the retailer.

It later emerged that the issue wasn't related to stock problems, but was apparently caused by a "technical issue", with the retailer promising to contact affected customers. One of those customers happened to be a Nintendo Life staffer, and they've received the following update:

We are reaching out today regarding the recent cancellation that has occurred with your online order(s). Unfortunately, there was a processing error that caused your order(s) to cancel. Legally, we cannot reinstate your order(s) however we are working to put a process in place that will allow you to purchase these items within the week. We will be reaching out to you as soon as we have specifics and appreciate your patience and understanding.

We sincerely apologize for this cancellation and the inconvenience it has caused and will be in touch shortly.

No solution yet, then, and it seems unfortunate that the company can't simply reinstate pre-orders due to legalities. In any case, it seems that it'll be resolved in the next week, so those affected need to be patient a little longer.

Were you affect by this issue in recent days, and are you planning to re-place your orders when a solution is offered in the coming week? Let us know what you're planning to do in the comments below.