It's a regular fright fest in this episode of NLFM as we queue up some of our favorite horror game tracks. BEHOLD! the wonders of mad science gone wrong! GASP! at the children of the night! WONDER! how Chuck D. Head doesn't need more painkillers! RUN! from the Scissorman!
Dare you listen?
Dare you not?
In case you've missed out on the fun so far, NLFM generally focuses on music from games playable on Nintendo consoles and handhelds, which, thanks to the Virtual Console, also includes the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and Master System, Turbografx-16, Neo Geo and Commodore 64. It's not all games either as we highlight chip musicians and albums we really like.
Scratching at your window this time:
1. Masami Ueda, Shusaku Uchiyama and Shun Nishigaki — Wreckage of the Mad Experiment (Resident Evil 2, PSX/N64/GCN/PC)
2. Konami — Vampire Killer (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, PC Engine/TG-16)
3. Yoshinori Kawamoto — The Saint Comes Marching In (Splatterhouse, PC Engine/TG-16)
4. Protricity — Neighburgers OCRemix (Zombies Ate My Neighbors, SNES)
5. Fumito Tamayama — Stage 4 (Decap Attack, Genesis/Mega Drive)
6. Yasunori Mitsuda — Strains of Insanity (Chrono Trigger, SNES/DS)
7. Shinobu Tanaka and Kazumi Totaka, orchestrated and arranged by Shogo Sakai — Luigi's Mansion Theme (Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wii)
8. Gareth Vilday — Main Menu (Dementium: The Ward, DS)
9. WayForward Technologies — English Teacher Boss Battle (LIT, WiiWare)
10. Mari Yamaguch — Haunted Graveyard (Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, SNES)
11. Kouji Niikura — Don't Cry, Jennifer (Clock Tower: The First Fright, SNES)
Background music: Kyle Richards — Voodoo (BloodRayne, GCN/PS2/Xbox)
To avoid the eating of brains that comes with missing episodes, subscribe to our Podcast feed (using iTunes) or download it using this direct link. You can also find us on iTunes (don't forget to rate us!), so show the podcasts some love as there is plenty more good stuff lined up for the future.
Also be sure to send in your musical contributions, requests and what have you to help make NLFM way more rad.
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.