There's not much of note for Japan next month on the Virtual Console. Nintendo's only title is a Super Famicom game we'll likely never get. Aside from that, there's just two NES and Neo Geo games to pick from.
The full list for June is as follows:
- Meta Fight (The original Japanese version of Blaster Master. The storyline is completely different, but aside from that it's the same game.)
- SD Gundam World: Gachapon Senshi - Scramble Wars (A strategy title based on Gundam. It was rereleased in Japan as part of their Famicom Mini (NES Classics) series for GBA a few years ago.)
- Heisei Shin Onigashima: Kouhen (June 1st - The second and last part of an updated Super Famicom rerelease of the FDS title Shin Onigashima.)
- Fighter's History Dynamite (A fighter developed by Data East. It was retitled Karnov's Revenge in the west because Karnov, Data East's mascot, is one of the playable characters!)
- Flying Power Disc (A crazy sports game based on the real-life game of frisbee tennis. It was released in the west as WindJammers.)
I remember Karnov's Revenge. was fun but a bit cheesy and with lots of street fighter knock offs
I wonder what happened to all the Sega and Namco games
nice list of games looks like japan will be getting a few games this month
Windjammers seems fun.
So if Gundam games can come to the VC now, I hope we get some of the fighting games here. I would quite like Kidou Senshi Gundam W: Endless Duel.
Where's Yoshi's Island?
Where's Yoshi's Island?
Well obviously its not this week is it. Nor shall it be in July. Likely not even this year.
There's your answer.
Fighters History Dynamite is very good. I have it on Saturn with the ram cart.
@Clinker: Crap sales? Though I really am hoping for a 3rd Namco wave with all the Pac-Man games and Metro Cross.
Windjammers was fun I played that game a lot. Fighter's History Dynamite isn't the best fighter on the system but it's definitely above average.
Karnov's Revenge was also ported to the SNES as Fighter's History, I have looked up.
Nope. Fighter's History is the first game and came to the SNES. Fighter's History Dynamite is the sequel and is known as Karnov's Revenge in America but did not come to the SNES.
Oh. Guess I must've had the two mixed up.
Wasn't there a Karnov game with like dinosaurs?? What was it called?
@Caliko - there was an arcade/NES game simply called Karnov. I read the NES review on FlyingOmelette's website. Maybe that's what your thinking of.
Well, they were at 3 games last month, and now they're at 5, so not bad i say. They're going to have at least one double VC week.
Looks like the only ones we might get out of this list are the Neo Geo ones, but still its good the VC is getting nice support either way.
Good they already have the date for the 2nd Shin Onigashima game too.
The close up shot looks very creepy, imo.
Is making me wish they'd release Karnov for VCA.
More Neo Geo's always nice.
I still can't get over how creepy Karnov looks up close! =O
Anyway, it looks like a fun fighter, even though I looked up that it blatantly plays like Street Fighter II.
Finally, glad to see Windjammers popping out.
He he, I recently got the Saturn version of Fighters History Dynamite. It´s very average but it´s amusing to play a true SFII-clone. Pretty hard too.
I´ve heared Wind Jammers is popular, so why not... Neo Geo support is a good thing. Whith or without 60hz I guess...
A japan only release came out of Fighter's History: Mizoguchi Kiki Ippatsu!!
This was very close to Dynamite and a good game in its own right. Better then the original.
Cool, I didn´t know about Mizoguchi Kiki Ippatsu! Looks like fewer characters than in Dynamite, but at least it seems to have some kind of storymode.
Tap here to load 24 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...