"Ocarina of Time is nearly ten years old, but its position at the top slot in Edge's 100 Best Videogames shows that great game design does not age. In visual terms, it obviously cannot compete with today's Xbox 360 and PS3 productions, but, as with many classics, its appeal is about so much more than its appearance."
It's not only that Zelda has won the crown, but Nintendo itself completely dominates the Top 10 and deservedly so.
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)
- Resident Evil 4 (GameCube, PlayStation 2)
- Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64)
- Half-Life 2 (PC)
- Super Mario World (Super Nintendo)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Super Nintendo)
- Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox)
- Final Fantasy XII (PlayStation 2)
- Tetris (Various)
- Super Metroid (Super Nintendo)
The full rundown features in a 260-page collector's book entitled 'Edge Presents: The 100 Best Videogames', on sale from Tuesday 3rd July, with a cover price of £10 (yeah, we know!).
£10! What a joke!
I hate Edge. The most elitist magazine of all time. Anyone would think videogames weren't fun anymore to read one of their articles. Sure I appreciate it's "art" but - c'mon. They take it too far. And they can right off with a £10 cover price.
In other news lovely to see Nintendo games dominate the charts - but is Resi Evil 4 THAT good? I still haven't played it.
Super Metroid on the 10 position? WTF?
Tap here to load 3 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...