- Number of Players
- Release Date
- 6th Jul 2010
- 2nd Jul 2010
Decent, but not quite legendary
We've seen quite a resurgence within the fighting game genre over the past few years, in terms of both 2D and 3D varieties. While flashy over-the-top special moves and an almost limitless arsenal of moves have become the staple of these titles, we are beginning to see a bit more innovation within the games, especially...
25 employees given the dreaded pink slip
There was sad news this week in Hoffman Estates, IL as High Voltage Software joined the ranks of other several other development studios in reducing their headcount. 25 employees were laid off according to IGN. Here’s what the HVS representative had to say on the matter: I can confirm that High Voltage...
See High Voltage Software's beat 'em up in action
Beat 'em up gamers will be glad to know that Sega has released another gameplay trailer for the upcoming Tournament of Legends, developed by High Voltage Software for the Wii. Looking slick and action-packed, feast your eyes on it below. Using characters with a mythical undertone, players can wield...
Few surprises, but No More Heroes 2 coming sooner than expected
In case you were wondering what would be hitting Wii and DS this spring in the UK, Nintendo's little ol' list right here will come in handy. The dates of big games like Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Monster Hunter 3 Tri were already confirmed, so there are few surprises for notable game...
Developer says it's up to the publisher.
With neither game even close to being out yet, High Voltage's Russell Crowe-fest Gladiator A.D. and horror co-op shooter The Grinder look to be two promising Wii-exclusive titles to satiate those looking for a bit of the ol' ultraviolence. Well, exclusive at the moment at least. Speaking to Destructoid at E3...
First proper look at High Voltage's blood-soaked Roman epic
Website IGN has the first trailer of High Voltage's highly promising fighter Gladiator A.D. The clip lasts just over a minute and sets the scene quite nicely with some well-scripted narration (from Liam Neeson, if our ears don't deceive us). It ends with two burly blokes fighting to the...
Ultraviolent fighting game takes a cue or two from the movie 300.
Remember that new "hardcore" title that IGN teased a while ago? You know, the one with all the blood and the mystery fuzzy image. Well, cat's out of the bag now, as it turns out it was one of High Voltage's new IPs set for an E3 reveal. Gladiator A.D. is a one-on-one...
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BECOME A LEGEND?
Become a legend in epic 3D duels against the greatest fighters of world mythology. Wield mythic weapons and unleash special animated attacks. Wield two weapons at the same time with the Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk™ Controller. Sharpen your skills in the interactive training level.
Features intuitive Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk™ Controller fight controls for fun and challenging one and two-player duels. Master 10 weapons sets, 50 magical attacks, and 10 fully-animated 3D characters. Also features unlockable new weapons and giant mythological creatures that suddenly attack during battles.
3D Weapon and Magic Duels for 1 to 2 players
- Master 10 weapon sets: Battle Axe, Katana, Roman Sword, Mace, Gauntlet, and more.
- Unleash 50 powerful magic attacks: a thousand arrows, a man eating lion, Thor’s Fury, venomous snakes. Additionally each weapon has its own enchantment.
Wield Two Weapons at the Same Time and More
- Wii Remote™ is the main weapon and the Nunchuk is the secondary weapon.
- Launch weapon-specific magic attacks.
- Dodge and charge opponents.
- Throw weapons.
- Combine attacks.
- Sharpen skills in the Interactive Training Level.
Switchable Weapons and Special in-battle challenges
- Switch weapons with legends of the same class. Defeat them in battle to earn their weapon.
- Dodge mythological creatures that protect the battle lairs: Ice Dragon, Kraken, Centaur, Titan, and more.
- Beat Wii Remote™/Nunchuck™ Controller challenges to restore Health and Armor during fights.
Beautifully Animated Characters and Magic
- Fluid 3D movement of large characters fuelled by the Quantum 3 Engine.
- Striking magical attacks and progressive character damage seen throughout the battle.
- Beautifully drawn animated comics tell the mythic journeys of each legend.