My god, it's full of stars!
In October of 2015, a French studio called Pixelnest released a space shooter arcade game called Steredenn, which blended classic shmup action with roguelike elements. The final product received high praise across the board, but Pixelnest wasn’t content to simply stop there. Over the last year, the studio has been...
Steredenn: Binary Stars Guides
Shoot 'em up, all of 'em
The humble shoot ‘em up has been a staple genre ever since the very beginning of video games when Spacewar! laid down the basic groundwork in 1962. No, that is not a typo; in the year that Marilyn Monroe died and The Beatles recorded ‘Love Me Do’, some boffins at MIT were busy inventing video games. Of course, it...
About The Game
Steredenn: Binary Stars is an award-winning mashup of a classic shmup and a roguelike, carved in big beautiful pixels, with insane boss battles. Fly solo or co-op with a friend, fighting off the worst scourges of space in a never-ending struggle for survival.
Steredenn: Binary Stars is the hugely expanded version of the acclaimed Steredenn. Enjoy infinite replayability and unforgiving gameplay through intense boss fights, (almost) randomly-generated environments, twisted space events and a massive arsenal of weapons.
Enhance your ship during your flight with upgrades aplenty, and forge your own path across the universe!
- Quick, intense sessions: with rock-hard boss battles that’ll keep you coming back for “just one more run”
- Infinite replayability: endless arcade action, where levels are (practically) randomly-generated
- Local co-op mode: two ships, four weapons, one lifebar – test your friendships!
- Five playable ships: each with its own special ability and playstyle
- Mighty arsenal: 42 weapons and 30 upgrades with tons of customisation options
- Boss rush: fight a weekly selection of epic bosses and work your way up the leaderboard
- Daily run: try to get to number one in a special daily leaderboard where all players share the same run, guns and bosses. Be ready – you only get one chance per day!
- Arena: unlock a boss by defeating it in the main game. Then, train against it in a one-on-one duel. Your guns, your laws, your fight
- The ultimate edition: loads of new content, reworked balancing, scoring, optimisation and always more polish