It's not easy being green
If there's a lesson to be learned from Slime-San, it's that looks can be deceiving. Glancing at screenshots reveals a grungy, pixellated style, some weirdly gooey environments and what would appear to be a fairly straightforward 2D platformer, but scratch just beneath the slightly viscous surface and you'll find...
The thrill of the unknown
Limited Run is known for offering physical Switch games in limited supply. Its latest deal is a bit different from the usual offering. Available from 1st January 2019 for $29.99, the 2018 blind box promotion gives Switch owners the chance to purchase one surprise game and trading card from the company’s collection. In...
It would arrive as a free update
Slime-san, the weird and wonderful platformer from developer Fabraz, is set to receive a level editor on Steam that will "most likely" make its way over to the Switch version, too. This level editor is set to allow you to create and share your own levels with your friends - and even the world via unique ID codes...
Wake up, Sheeple!
One of the best platformers currently available on the Switch eShop is Slime-San, the weird 2D sidescroller that takes place inside a giant carnivorous worm. The striking color palette, square screen design, and twitch platformer controls make it a nice alternative to contemporaries like Super Meat Boy and Celeste, and the sizable...
Limited Run Games is really upping the ante with its physical editions of otherwise digital-only indie games - just take its awesome version of Saturday Morning RPG and PixelJunk Monsters 2 - and with the publisher's own E3 broadcast due on 11th June it's revealed that Slime-san is now available for pre-o
Here are the games we loved the most on Switch
This weekend, Nintendo Switch will blow out the candles on its very first birthday cake, marking 12 months of incredible sales, a mainstream takeover and a raft of third-party support. It's been a dream scenario for Nintendo, placing the publisher firmly back in the pantheon of modern gaming, and it has...
New campaign! Performance updates! A lower price!
Slime-san is a sublime platformer that launched on the eShop last year, emulating the tough as nails style of Super Meat Boy while packing in a shocking amount of content. We absolutely loved the game at launch, but developer Fabraz hasn’t been willing to rest on its laurels. A brand new expansion...
Release the Kraken!
Headup Games has announced that the first batch of free DLC for Slime-san, Blackbird's Kraken, will be released on Nintendo Switch on 22nd February. This DLC pack features new items, collectibles, mechanics, and levels, adding to the mayhem already available in the main game. If you're unfamiliar with Slime-san's intense...
Gunge on the go
As developer Fabraz gears up to release its second wave of free DLC for Slime-san - Sheeple's Sequel - on PC, the indie developer has confirmed the Switch version will getting the first instalment - Blackbird's Kraken - around mid-February. If you've yet to pick it up on the Switch eShop, it's a twitch-style platformer that shares a...
Resident Evil! Apollo Justice! Worms! Portal Knight! Much, much more!
It's another big week in the Nintendo Download Update for North America, which could be described as the Thanksgiving line-up for US gamers. The Switch has a lot of new titles, including some high profile releases alongside some less expensive yet diverse options. The 3DS and...
Also, a demo is on the way
One of the standout games on the Switch eShop is that of Slime-San, the quirky platformer that stars a big green blob stuck inside a giant worm. It was a great game at launch, full of content, which made it all the more exciting when the developers announced that a sizable expansion would be adding a brand new story...
Aid Slime-san in his escape from a giant worm!
Slime-san was minding his own business, sliming around in a peaceful forest when suddenly…A giant worm appeared and gobbled him up! Now deep within the worm's belly, Slime-san has to face a decision: Be digested by the incoming wall of stomach acid... Or jump, slide and slime his way through the worms intestines and back out its mouth!
- Incredibly fast-paced and twitch-timing platforming madness!
- No time to stay still as you are chased by a wall of acid at every corner! Run, run, run!
- Being a slime has its perks. Slime your way through cracked walls and surfaces!
- Bust through brittle obstacles or tense situations with a speedy dash move.
- Slime to slow time, dash to speed it up. Feel like an absolute hero with pixel precise maneuvers!
- A game filled with content: 100 levels made out of 400 rooms combined with 100 newgame+ levels totaling to a staggering 200 levels and 800 rooms!
- Collect partially-digested apples to unlock different play styles, outfits, shaders and mini games!
- Unlock competitive local multiplayer arcade games that recall titles of the past!
- Get your shopping done in a town of survivors within the worm, home to colorful characters and surprising secrets.
- Unlock extra game modes like New Game+, Speed Running and Boss Rush modes!
- Get engrossed in a flexible, 5 colored, pixelated world…found… within… the worm?
- 14 composers contributed with over 20 songs for a chiptune album that you can't help but groove out to!
- The main game is single-player only. You can unlock mini-games that can be played with up to 2 players locally.