- Number of Players
- Single Player
- Release Date
Sorry, no review of Little Nemo and the Nightmare Fiends yet.
About The Game
Little Nemo and the Nightmare Fiends has been a "dream game" of mine - this is Chris from Pie for Breakfast writing - since beginning the studio. I grew up with the NES game Little Nemo the Dream Master and later saw the movie that it was based on. One day while looking up the game, I learned that Little Nemo was the creation of Winsor McCay, an illustrator, comic strip artist, and animation pioneer working in the early 20th century. McCay's artwork was beyond anything in both the NES game and the 1980's movie and I wanted to explore that drawing style myself - even making a drawing of my daughter in Slumberland! Since McCay's Little Nemo has passed into the public domain, I eventually decided that I wanted to make a game about them and kicked around design ideas for a few years. At GDC 2019 I got together with Benjamin Cole from Pxlplz and other friends and we all agreed this was a project we wanted to pursue.
- Take control of 4 characters on your trip through Slumberland! The brave Nemo, the magic-wielding Princess, the mischievous clown Flip, and the agile royal guard Peony - an original character created for this game!
- Each character has unique ways to attack and explore. Players can switch between them quickly to create powerful combos and find hidden areas!
- Featuring hand-drawn artwork made to mimic the style of animation pioneer Winsor McCay's landmark 1905 comic strip!
- Explore surreal environments based on episodes from the original Little Nemo comic.
- Wake Nemo up and explore his house, featuring rooms with hidden items, artifacts to make your characters stronger, and production artwork!
- Soundtrack by Wayne Strange with guest track by Mega Ran!