Despite appearances, Darkwood wants you to survive as much as it’s determined to kill you, but it wants you to earn every life-fortifying dawn as it emerges from the darkness. Much like the Five Nights at Freddy’s games and, to a less extent, the central crux of Minecraft’s Survival mode, Acid Wizard Studio’s top-down offering is...
Pack a spare pair of underpants
Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night? Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic? Have you or your family ever seen a spook, spectre or ghost? If the answer is "no"... you obviously haven't been playing any of the excellent horror games available on Nintendo Switch. There's...
About The Game
Craft weapons, prepare traps, fortify hideouts - you will explore and scavenge the eerie forests of the Soviet Bloc by day, then hunker down in your hideout at night. With nightmarish forces corrupting the woods, wait and pray for the sun to come up the next morning.
Wade through the grueling, bizarre world of Darkwood and delve into the creepiest secrets of its inhabitants to escape the infested land before it destroys your body and consumes your mind.
- No jump scares: an atmospheric horror experience that creates a feeling of tension without cheap horror tricks.
- Day and night cycle: roam the corrupted woods by Day and use your hideout to seek survival during the night.
- Randomly generated map and events: the world will vary for each play-through and each player.
- Crafting: scavenge for materials to upgrade your hideout and create weapons, traps or potions.
- Skills and perks: develop your character by injecting a strange essence into your bloodstream.
- No hand holding: test your skills and figure out things on your own!
- Branching storyline: shape the world of Darkwood and determine the fate of its inhabitants.