Real survival horror
One of Switch’s greatest strengths (besides its central ‘homeheld’ gimmick) must be the sheer breadth of available software. Whatever our mood, the menu screen’s glorious spectrum of icons always has something that’ll hit the spot, running the gamut from rainbow escapism to grey, gritty realism – and This War of Mine...
About The Game
In This War Of Mine you do not play as an elite soldier, rather a group of civilians trying to survive in a besieged city; struggling with lack of food, medicine and constant danger from snipers and hostile scavengers. The game provides an experience of war seen from an entirely new angle.
The pace of This War of Mine is imposed by the day and night cycle. During the day snipers outside stop you from leaving your refuge, so you need to focus on maintaining your hideout: crafting, trading and taking care of your survivors. At night, take one of your civilians on a mission to scavenge through a set of unique locations for items that will help you stay alive.
Make life-and-death decisions driven by your conscience. Try to protect everybody from your shelter or sacrifice some of them for longer-term survival. During war, there are no good or bad decisions; there is only survival. The sooner you realize that, the better.
This War of Mine: Complete Edition consists of:
- This War of Mine – full version of the base game
- Anniversary Edtion update – set of new characters to interact with, locations to explore and new possible ending, created especially for the second anniversary of the game
- The Little Ones DLC – exploring the hardships of wartime survival as seen from an entirely new perspective – that of a child.
- TWoM Stories: The Father’s Promise – a stand-alone original tale set in the world of This War of Mine, telling a story of family’s struggle to preserve the last pieces of humanity in times of despair and cruelty.
- All the upcoming updates coming for free for all Complete Edition owners.