Ion Fury doesn’t just love 2.5D ‘90s shooters, it is a 2.5D ‘90s shooter. Developed by Voidpoint, a studio made up of veteran Build modders (the same engine used to create Duke Nukem all those years ago) and published by none other than 3D Realms, Ion Fury has all the hallmarks of a nostalgic killing spree down memory lane...
Shelly 'Bombshell' Harrison returns in 2023
At this year's Realms Deep showcase, Slipgate Ironworks and 3D Realms announced Phantom Fury, a follow-up to Ion Fury. The new game sees the return of Shelly 'Bombshell' Harrison but is now set in a full 3D world. It's described as a "road movie-inspired" first-person shooter and will require players to...
3D Realms showcases its upcoming releases
3D Realms - the legendary publisher behind series like Duke Nukem - is hosting Realms Deep 2021 this weekend. As part of this, there have been a number of world premieres and updates on some fan favourites. This even includes some Switch-related announcements - so we've rounded everything up (including the...
Here are our picks, but what are yours?
Another busy week has been and gone, this time bringing a cheeky asset flip game on Switch, more Animal Crossing item duplication glitches, and the big Paper Mario Switch reveal, but now it's time to
Elder Scrolls Blades! Shmup Collection! Ion Fury!
The latest Nintendo Download update for Europe has arrived, and it's bringing new games galore to the eShop in your region. As always, be sure to drop a vote in our poll and comment down below with your potential picks for the week. Enjoy! Switch Retail eShop - New Releases: Ion Fury (1C...
Wonderful 101, Warhammer and Wolflame!
The latest Nintendo Download update for North America has arrived, and it's bringing new games galore to the eShop in your region. As always, be sure to drop a vote in our poll and comment down below with your potential picks for the week. Enjoy! Nintendo Switch: The Wonderful 101: Remastered (PlatinumGames,...
And a physical edition arrives in June
Ion Fury will be firing its way onto Nintendo Switch and other platforms next month, it has been confirmed. The game, an old-school first-person shooter developed by Voidpoint, has players taking on the role of Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison as she takes down the cyber-cultist army of the sadistic Dr. Jadus...
Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison takes on a quest to slay evil transhumanist mastermind Dr. Jadus Heskel in the streets of Neo DC. She leaves a trail of carnage throughout huge, multi-path levels filled with gigantic explosions, more secret areas than we can count, and inhuman foes behind every corner. There’s no regenerating health here; stop taking cover and start running and gunning.
Shelly’s crusade to take down Heskel’s army will see her leave destruction in her wake with a wide arsenal of weapons, complete with alternate fire modes and different ammo types.
Ion Fury laughs at the idea of mandatory checkpoints and straight paths through shooting galleries. But, just because this is a true old-school first-person shooter doesn’t mean we've ignored all the good new stuff the last two decades have brought. Headshots? Hell yeah. More physics and interactivity? You betcha. 3DRealms, Voidpoint and 1C Entertainment have taken the best of both worlds and cooked it all into a bloody stew.
• The true successor to classic shooters such as Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, and Blood.
• Experience the original BUILD engine on steroids, pumped up and ready to rock again after 20 years!
• Duck, jump, climb, swim, and blast your way through 7 exciting zones packed with multiple levels of mayhem!
• A beautiful game world assembled from thousands of hand-crafted textures and sprites
• An awe-inspiring arsenal of devastating weapons, including multiple ammo types and alternate fire modes. Tri-barreled revolvers, grenade launchers, and heat-seeking smart bombs are your best friends!
• The classic '90s FPS action you love, meshed with modern inventions like locational damage and seamless level transitions
• ZERO PROCEDURAL GENERATION. All levels are hand made and full of multiple paths, cool effects, and complex set pieces!
• Thumping soundtrack comprised of true tracked module music, in authentic FastTracker 2 format