A stomping good game?
MechWarrior. You’ve got to love it. The very concept of stomping around in your own personal giant robot, crushing things underfoot and blowing things up really is the sort of thing we gamers live for. Go on, admit it: every one of you has at some point had ‘the MechWarrior fantasy’. Up until 2002 however, the MechWarrior...
MechAssault: Phantom War brings the future of interstellar combat to today’s handheld gamers in a third-person futuristic shooter.
Players assume the role of a MechWarrior, an elite fighter trained to control the ultimate war machine of the 32nd century...the BattleMech. Gamers experience fast-action, 3D ‘Mech combat on the top screen, while the lower touch screen positions them inside the cockpit at the controls.
The year is 3134 and after 60 years of peace and prosperity, the Republic of the Sphere is now living in a dark age of ex-communication. Nearly all Hyperpulse Generators (HPGs), the pinnacles of interstellar communication, have been struck by a virus leaving worlds cut off from all information. With involuntary blinders on, no one in the Republic knows when, or where, the next attack could be coming from. Their only hope is to turn the HPG into an instrument of war.
- Commandeer over 20 types of vehicles, including ‘Mechs, Tanks, Turret and BattleArmor
- Wreak havoc on the enemy and environment with a powerful and fully upgradeable arsenal including a plethora of ballistic, energy, missile and special weapons
- Brand new story drawn from the popular BattleTech series which spawned highly successful games like MechWarrior & MechCommander for the PC and MechAssault & Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf for the Xbox® video game system
- Use the touch screen to hack into enemy territory, hijack enemy ‘Mechs, customize your HUD layout and wield the most secret weapon in the Inner Sphere
- Master 24 single player campaigns across four planets and three exciting multiplayer game types
- Wireless multiplayer combat for up to four players simultaneously
- Activate one of the seven Def Mods, the defensive systems equipped on many of the vehicles, to give yourself an advantage over the enemy
- Interactive music underscores the intensity level of battle
- Unlockable ‘Mechs, maps and cheats enhance gameplay