- Number of Players
- Single Player
- Action, Puzzle
- Release Date
- 4th Jul 2008
- 6th Dec 2007
- Official Site
It's not quite as fun as it should be
Released simultaneously with another Taito revival, Space Invaders Extreme, Arkanoid DS is an attempt at trying to breathe life into an old arcade classic. When Arkanoid was originally released, it was essentially a clone of the Atari classic Breakout. Despite this shameless copying, Arkanoid became quite a hit...
About The Game
ARKANOID DS updates the classic block-busting gameplay of the 1986 original, with the Vaus vessel, balls and bricks all still intact. Different modes of play provide unique challenges including Clear with 140 levels to complete and Quest mode that sets different rules for clearing each round. Points won in the game can be used to customize the game further, with new backgrounds, blocks and sound effects waiting to be unlocked.
- Over 140 levels to complete in Clear Mode, Quest mode adds extra challenge with different rules for each level
- Customize your game by exchanging points earned for new design features such as new backgrounds, Vaus vessels, blocks and sound effects
- Power-up items carefully selected from the ARKANOID series plus exciting new Power-up items: Barriers, Warp and Vanish
- Compete against friends with 2 and 4-player DS Wireless Communications
- Share the multiplayer fun from a single cart with DS Download Play
- High-Score table supported by Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
I believe Arkanoid DS is available in the US region since 2007. I even have my own copy.
Tap here to load 1 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...