Forums

Topic: "Wii Vitality Sensor". Dead project or early 2012 surprise?

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

Reggie4Life

At E3 2009, Iwata said a new game titled Wii Relax was in the works. Do you think they are even bothering anymore, or have they moved on to bigger and better things? (Carried over to Wii U, anyone?) Are you looking forward to this or just a gimmick? (Look it up on YouTube. I can't give you a link because I'm doing this on my Wii! )

3DS FC: 0602-6360-6223
[16:48] zezhyrule takes out her 3DS and throws it at reggie
[16:48] Reggie4Life: Yay, a Zelda 3DS!
[16:48] zezhyrule: what...
[16:48] zezhyrule: stalker, how did you know I even had that o.o
[16:49] Reggie4Life knows all... Even your deepest, dar...

LordTendoboy

Well recently Iwata said the Vitality Sensor is still in the prototype stages. They aren't able to get 100% results with various people.

I think it's a stupid idea and it's probably long dead by now. Iwata was just playing coy, like he always does.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

warioswoods

I can't put my finger on it, but somehow feel certain this thing is dead.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Joeynator3000

or maybe they're saving it for the Wii U?...
Dunno, either that or it is indeed dead.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

grumblebuzzz

I never have really seen how this could truly enhance game play. It just seems like a neat little, "Well, whaddya know!?" kind of doodad that really serves no purpose.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

MetalMario

I hope it's dead. Or at least not needed, because I don't want to pay for one.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Knux

Didn't you hear? Nintendo is saving the Vitality Sensor for Tingle's Naughty Toilet Fun, a launch title for the Wii U.

Knux

LordTendoboy

Knux wrote:

Didn't you hear? Nintendo is saving the Vitality Sensor for Tingle's Naughty Toilet Fun, a launch title for the Wii U.

So Tingle has to go tinkle? ba-dum pssh!

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

John-John

At first I wasn't really sure why anyone would want that, but then I heard someone mention that it'd be awesome in a horror game. Sensing when your is beating fastest and then adapting game play to freak you out. Other than that, I'm not sure I'd really care for it too much.

John-John

MetalMario

John-John wrote:

At first I wasn't really sure why anyone would want that, but then I heard someone mention that it'd be awesome in a horror game. Sensing when your is beating fastest and then adapting game play to freak you out. Other than that, I'm not sure I'd really care for it too much.

Okay, that actually sounds neat, but since I don't play horror games, I still wouldn't be getting one, lol.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

KingMike

warioswoods wrote:

Honestly, I think it's far too late to release a peripheral few are going to care about.

KingMike

John-John

KingMike wrote:

warioswoods wrote:

Honestly, I think it's far too late to release a peripheral few are going to care about.

Wasn't it the beginning of this year that Nintendo was questioned about it and said it wasn't dead. They said it would only work on 88% of the population or something and they'd rather get that too a higher percentage. ?_? Maybe I'm confused, because I thought that was even posted on NL.

John-John

Reggie4Life

The horror thing sounds really cool, but other than that it looks stupid.

Link245

First of all, I'm glad you brought this up because I've been wondering if this thing's dead for a while.

It sounds really stupid to me, unless they could do something cool with it like what Wii Fit did with the Balance Board.
EDIT: Also, with Wii U just around the corner, I doubt anyone would buy it, unless it got moved over to Wii U.

Edited on by Link245

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

komicturtle

Just as the 3D GBASP evolved into 3DS... The Vitality Sensor will evolve into a helmet where it reads signals from your brain... Or a headband..

komicturtle

Reggie4Life

Wrist band! I'm a genius! It can measure your sweat and your pulse! I imagined running with a piece of plastic attached to a string attached to a remote and shuddered. lol

Kitty_hime1

Knux wrote:

i hope that game stays in japan lol other than that what the firetruck!!!

Nyan~♪
3ds games i own:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Cooking Mama 4 Kitchen Magic
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Kingdom Hearts: DDD
DS games I own:
Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Black
Pokemon Bla...

TTGlider

If they were going to do something with it, they should have incorporated it in to the Wii Fit Plus revamp (as a wrist band most likely). Short of that, I see NO way this can be a success because it's not a form of input as we people expect. And it's something that we barely have any control over the value of. And Endless Ocean is a pretty good Wii Relax title.

TTGlider

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.