Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 821 to 840 of 926

Captain_Toad

I may recommend Mercury Meltdown. Revolution.
A cool marble madness game with an ink of science and with a lot of bang for your buck. Excellent wii mote motion Controls. Classic controller support. And a lot of content. Get it.
@Ste Wheel of fortune I heard is pretty good.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

WiiWareWave

Are the Wii Rune Factory games any good? I've been seriously thinking about picking up one of the games, but am a little weary after so many regretful purchases over the years.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

8BitSamurai

WiiWareWave wrote:

Are the Wii Rune Factory games any good? I've been seriously thinking about picking up one of the games, but am a little weary after so many regretful purchases over the years.

I've played Tides of Destiny, and it's a big hit and miss game. The story mode does have it's moments, but it gets a bit repetitive, if nothing else. The farming and animal raising was also hit and miss, a lot different than other HM games. It was something you either loved or hated. I really enjoyed the cast though, for the most part. Unfortunately, there wasn't as much interaction scenes with them as in other HM, and if you want to court the bachelors (You can play as a girl, but you need to beat the game, and you have less marriage candtidates) / bachelorettes, you need to beat the game (Which is quite long)

Despite the downsides though, I think it's definitely fun enough to warrant a purchase, considering it's pretty cheap. Not sure how the other one fares though.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Neogaard

Guess every decent Wii-game has been mentioned 10 times already but still, a few that came to mind: Sin and Punishment is a great shooter, Red Steel 2 maybe the best fps on the system imo, Okami is a beautiful adventure-game

Neogaard

3DS Friend Code: 2723-9617-0625 | Nintendo Network ID: Neogaard

Gamecubed

Anyone here played Pandora's Tower? I've been watching gameplay footage of it, and I'm divided on whether I should buy it or not.

Gamecubed

GiacomoHall

Gamecubed wrote:

Anyone here played Pandora's Tower? I've been watching gameplay footage of it, and I'm divided on whether I should buy it or not.

I enjoyed it, but it wouldn't be an unqualified recommendation. The major criticism is that the combat is quite clunky, (not smooth like Devil May Cry, although that series is much more action oriented), and there can be quite a lot of repetition. However, I found the story to be pretty compelling in that it is mainly focused on the relationship of the two main characters; it really gives you a reason to fight the battles you are fighting and is handled very nicely. Controlling the chain with the wii remote also becomes really intuitive, it is used to traverse the environments which are really well designed and is useful in combat. I really like the art although the environments are visually repetitive, that at least makes the towers seem coherently related to each other. Some of the boss encounters are really fun, they are reminiscent of Zelda or Metroid in that they are usually a puzzle to solve, but again the clunky controls can be irritating. There are some solid environmental puzzles and a decent, but repetitious musical score. I'd say if you can look past the clunky controls and combat, there is a quite lot of fun to be had. It is also a reasonably long game, It took me around 23 hours to complete and get the second best ending, although I do tend to take my time.

GiacomoHall

Gamecubed

GiacomoHall wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

I enjoyed it, but it wouldn't be an unqualified recommendation. The major criticism is that the combat is quite clunky, (not smooth like Devil May Cry, although that series is much more action oriented), and there can be quite a lot of repetition. However, I found the story to be pretty compelling in that it is mainly focused on the relationship of the two main characters; it really gives you a reason to fight the battles you are fighting and is handled very nicely. Controlling the chain with the wii remote also becomes really intuitive, it is used to traverse the environments which are really well designed and is useful in combat. I really like the art although the environments are visually repetitive, that at least makes the towers seem coherently related to each other. Some of the boss encounters are really fun, they are reminiscent of Zelda or Metroid in that they are usually a puzzle to solve, but again the clunky controls can be irritating. There are some solid environmental puzzles and a decent, but repetitious musical score. I'd say if you can look past the clunky controls and combat, there is a quite lot of fun to be had. It is also a reasonably long game, It took me around 23 hours to complete and get the second best ending, although I do tend to take my time.

Thanks for the response. I saw it at EB Games for $20 new and $15 for a used copy, so I thought about picking it up since I'm slowly starting to finish off my Wii backlog. I didn't because I hadn't heard a lot about it. I ended up getting LA Noire instead. I think I will get it next time I'm at the mall though. Thanks for the brief review as well.

Gamecubed

GiacomoHall

Gamecubed wrote:

Thanks for the response. I saw it at EB Games for $20 new and $15 for a used copy, so I thought about picking it up since I'm slowly starting to finish off my Wii backlog. I didn't because I hadn't heard a lot about it. I ended up getting LA Noire instead. I think I will get it next time I'm at the mall though. Thanks for the brief review as well.

No problems. I paid about £28 (about $45) for the special edition version (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pandoras-Tower-Special-Edition-Wii/dp/B007C6EQGO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1386108933&sr=8-2&keywords=pandora+tower) and definately feel it was worth it. At that price i'd say it was really good value.

GiacomoHall

MAN1AC

Is Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon a good game?
I'm trying to finish all of the notable Wii rpgs and this is on of the last ones on my list.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

SKTTR

MAN1AC wrote:

I'm trying to finish all of the notable Wii rpgs and this is on of the last ones on my list.

In my book it is. For its story, atmosphere, music and design.
The gameplay has some quirks though.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

spoty

I'm looking to buy some of the launch games on wii for my collection.What can you say about Spongebob:Creatures from the Krusty krab and Marvel ultimate alliance.Are they also good for multiplayer?

spoty

SKTTR

WaveBoy wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

Hey SKTTR, have you picked up the Wii U yet?
I've had one since Dec 2012', but i haven't unboxed it which sounds absotootly' crazy i know. Honestly, i'm more interested in the Wii at this point, playing catch up with severail of the big hitters including Skyward Sword, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Pikmin 2 ect ect) and the Virtual Console.

I'm fine without the Wii U at this point. Or perhaps i should just unbox the sucker and mix up my Wii U & Wii gaming, because really there's always going to be something i want to play on the Wii, it's got a vast selection of little gems on it's hands....ahem, Dewy's Adventure anyone?

yeah, it's my tradition to get nintendo home consoles on launch day, wii u's no exception obviously.
the second screen / touchscreen sold me.

i always wanted touchscreen controls to be part of a homeconsole because it's the most comfortable control input for many games/genres/apps/internetsurfing/typing/drawing/menu navigating in general. so yeah, it is the most important thing a next gen console needs to have (next to great games).

Unfortunately the other consoles don't have it, so this gen looks to be Nintendo-only for me, again.

Edited on by SKTTR

Papayosh

SKTTR wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

It does have great atmosphere and music, however, it has some parts which involve back tracking and I gave up on it when I got to a part near the end of the game which I could not get through despite trying over and over for days

Papayosh

SKTTR

kosmusurfer wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

It does have great atmosphere and music, however, it has some parts which involve back tracking and I gave up on it when I got to a part near the end of the game which I could not get through despite trying over and over for days

The backtracking usually rewards you with new items, enemies and experience points, and progresses the story.

Even though you can skip almost any battle you shouldn't miss too many or you'll have to grind later on.

I think levelmax was 30 so that's not much fighting compared to other RPGs and doesn't take too long:
there are no separate battle scenes (it's realtime), or random battles, or invisible enemies.
Try finding a neat training ground near a save/merchant so you can repair broken weapons, and heal/save.

8BitSamurai

Really considering getting No More Heroes. Curious how well the controls work, since motion controls are hit and miss with me. Does anybody think it's worth $10 or $15?

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

kkslider5552000

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Catching up on Wii games now that I have a Wii U. Are Trauma Center: New Blood and Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz worth getting?

Banana Blitz is just "ok". It's honestly not as good as the GCN games sadly.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Bubbab5

What's the best Wii FPS right now? I'm looking at black ops or golden eye 007 but I was wondering if there were any other good choices.

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic