Forums

Topic: No VC release this week?!

Posts 181 to 200 of 612

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

They probably assume there are enough major titles on the VC to accumulate enough points card sales to make a profit. Since most of the major titles are already available, they figure they don't need to add any more. Many of their major titles are third party, so it takes quite awhile to come to licensing agreements.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

ItsFuzzyPickles

Due to the lack of an Virtual Console week, you would expect me to be one of it's biggest complainer. I'm going to be honest here. I really don't care. Why? Because there are already tons of games we already have for the service, plus I'm taking it easy on the VC and is planning on starting a Nintendo 64 collection soon.

Here's to hoping I can get some money soon so I can buy Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles. That game I've been wanting for like forever.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

razielnin

Four words: Ogre Battle sixty-four.

razielnin

CanisWolfred

Hold on, I already wrote a good comment for this somewhere and hopefully none of you are smart enough to offer as good a rebuttle as those in the other forum

I was really hoping we'd get something this week. Once again, VC continues to disappoint me, time and time again. No matter how low the bar is set, it always finds a way to slither under it. There's plenty out already, so I shouldn't be disappointed...yet to be honest, nothing that's out interests me as much as what has yet to appear, and I am unable to get anything else, for fear that I will be unable to obtain that which I have so long desired.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

Tony wrote:

Anyone think Microsoft's game room is ready to take away attention from the Virtual Console?

Microsoft announced they are planning 1,000 retro games for the service. If my math is correct that is a lot more games than 347.

What do you think?

I think they are blowing smoke

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ShinRPGGamer

lz2010 wrote:

Tony wrote:

Anyone think Microsoft's game room is ready to take away attention from the Virtual Console?

Microsoft announced they are planning 1,000 retro games for the service. If my math is correct that is a lot more games than 347.

What do you think?

I think they are blowing smoke

Your not the only one who thinks that

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

CanisWolfred

The Game Room? 1000 retro titles? I believe they said they were only going to have 30 games, and most of them are the retro Arcade games already on the service. Still, considering the snail's pace the VC Arcade has been going at, now's the perfect time to capitalize on all those impatient retro fans, like me. At the very least, they promised to keep it updated regularly, just as they have with every other service on Xbox Market Place.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Sushie

I have such an extensive back catalogue already, so it's nice to not have to come up with the money this week. I just bought Link to the Past, Soldier Blade, (my first shmup, i love it) and Tomena Sanner this past week, so I've got enough to keep me busy for the next bit.

A Fool and his Wii Points are easily parted.

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Due to the lack of notable titles being released to the VC lately, I've occasionally resorted to buying games at a local used video game store (not GameStop).

Stuffgamer1

@StarFox: Not GameStop goes without saying, seeing as they're the ONLY ones who don't carry older games (at least among those available semi-near my house).

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

TwilightV

@Stuffgamer1: Well, even if we don't get something for VC, there's at least the chance that we'll get the next best thing, Wii No Ma.

TwilightV

SpentAllMyTokens

A little of both. It would seem to make more sense for 3rd parties to develop for WW given those numbers, but most of the sales are still only going to the top 10% of all titles. Doing a ROM dump of an old VC game costs next to nothing, so the risk to reward ratio for VC/WW would even out, I'd think.

A big part of this too, is what GoNintendo points out: more releases on WW and fewer on VC this year. The issue is the same it always is on Ninty consoles for VC: Ninty games are excellent and in general outshine anything produced by 3rd parties. I'd guess Sega is doing pretty well too on VC, but not really any other 3rd parties for the most part. That's why Ninty stays away from WW.

Hopefully the popularity of WW will convince Nintendo that online gaming is important and motivate them to improve their online shop and services to match up with what the HD twins (or the iphone) offer in both cost effectiveness and functionality. I worry though that they'll see rising sales numbers as a sign they don't really have to do anything, because people like the service just the way it is.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

TwilightV

Token+Girl wrote:

A little of both. It would seem to make more sense for 3rd parties to develop for WW given those numbers, but most of the sales are still only going to the top 10% of all titles. Doing a ROM dump of an old VC game costs next to nothing, so the risk to reward ratio for VC/WW would even out, I'd think.

A big part of this too, is what GoNintendo points out: more releases on WW and fewer on VC this year. The issue is the same it always is on Ninty consoles for VC: Ninty games are excellent and in general outshine anything produced by 3rd parties. I'd guess Sega is doing pretty well too on VC, but not really any other 3rd parties for the most part. That's why Ninty stays away from WW.

Hopefully the popularity of WW will convince Nintendo that online gaming is important and motivate them to improve their online shop and services to match up with what the HD twins (or the iphone) offer in both cost effectiveness and functionality. I worry though that they'll see rising sales numbers as a sign they don't really have to do anything, because people like the service just the way it is.

Okay, I guess it's not as bad as I thought it was. As long as the VC is supported even a little, i'll be happy. :3

TwilightV

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Games I've Gotten Out of Desperation:
Star Fox
Super Off Road: the Baja
Mario Paint
Castle of Illusion (Genesis)
Rescue Rangers

Edited on by The_Ink_Pit_Ox

M00se

as ive said 10+ times wii ware is total trash! VC FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

Stuffgamer1

Here's a good sign that Nintendo is still interested in the VC. Who knows, maybe sales will increase noticably with this new advertising method!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

cheetahman91

I just want the VC to get to game #350 already. Hopefully next week we'll get a VC game so we can get one step closer to game #350.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Betagam7

With Last Ninja 3 being removed from the service this was actually the first week where we got minus one VC game!

Betagam7

ItsFuzzyPickles

Only three games will be released in the Japanese Virtual Console in March.

I think it's time to be concerned about the future of the service. For a few people like me, it'll decide whenever or not we'll keep the system.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.