Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,080

Gameday

imo a review is good just to give you a view or over look of the game. in the end its up to you to decide on how to rate a game. it all depends on your view on how a game should be or what really suits you. so yea reviews are nice if your totally in the dark about a game or if you wanna see whats new in a series. we have all these factors like who reviewing the game , do they even like these kind of games , are they gonna compare it to older games of that series or does it stand alone. we got people that worry about graphics story gameplay controls , see so many ways to go about a review and scoring. i appreciate the people who take time to do reviews and maintain sites like so no disrespect just saying my friends.

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

romulux

grenworthshero wrote:

I'm in Memorial Park, and I have NO IDEA where to find the first photo for the second objective. I noticed the icon shows up in the building beside the truck, but I can't find it anywhere. Halp, pleez

i'm stuck in the exact same spot and after an hour scouring that building i gave up. you say you got a photo marker to appear by shooting the lock off a weapons box? i opened the two boxes in that house with no effect; one had an anova and the other a silenced kunara, nothing happened. i'm on agent, i don't know if you were on 007 or if that makes a difference.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Oregano

If it's the place I'm thinking of there's a passage underneath... it could be there? I only did it on Operative, I was on Agent for a first run through but I missed an objective and thought sod it I want to just carry on.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

TheChosen

"For Consoles, James?"
"No. For Wii." * lets Trevelyan fall to his death *

TheChosen

romulux

oregano, you don't have to take the photographs on operative, only agent and 007, and the passage underneath has nothing in it. i'm checking youtube for some walkthroughs now...

Oregano

Yeh, I missed the objective in either Facility or Airfield... randomly just missed it.. don't know how. I'll probably go through it on the higher difficulties at some point.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

romulux

ok, for future reference for anybody playing through memorial, the first photo that needs to be taken is a box marked "drone gun" in the back room of the building with the security camera and truck outside of it halfway through the level. you climb to the roof with a ladder on the side and then drop down into the barred off room from a window above, then open the drone gun box with A and take the picture. the box looks just like the hundred others around the level that you can't interact with, so it won't occur to you to try opening it and if you're not standing close enough to touch it the "open" icon won't appear, so it's a tough one to find.

Machu

Eeek, this thread is spoileriffic. /me averts eyes from here on in.

Loving the game. Hating grenades!!! RUUUUUUUN!!! D:

Rawr!

irken004

Agreed Machu

For those who wish to talk about the game's story, please use a SPOILER warning at the beginning of the post.

LzWinky

irken004 wrote:

Agreed Machu

For those who wish to talk about the game's story, please use a SPOILER warning at the beginning of the post.

SPOILER I am awesome END SPOILER

I would get this game but I need friends and/or online

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

irken004

lz2010 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Agreed Machu

SPOILER I am awesome END SPOILER

I would get this game but I need friends and/or online

The single-player mode is still a blast, and because each difficulty level has different objectives to complete, there is plenty or replay value.

And ur not that awesome :3

romulux

Machu wrote:

Eeek, this thread is spoileriffic

i hope the thing i said isn't a spoiler to anyone. trust me, after spending as much time figuring that objective out as i did i'd have loved for someone to have spoiled it for me. jungle level is awesome, by the way.

Deviant_Mugen

So far I've completed both Dam and Facility on Classic difficulty, and you definitely have to be more on your toes regarding both your health and the objectives. I know I discovered quite a few things in those two levels that I hadn't seen while playing on Operative, and I love it...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Aviator

This game is really improving up to my eyes in the singleplayer.

I just...

SPOILER

Did the stealth mission in the snow, and also got the chick out of U something's fortress thing.
But I was getting out of Russia, and I hate the lack of checkpoints, dam deaths.

END SPOILERS

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

grenworthshero

The thing I think hurts this game's multiplayer the most is trying to use the standards set by Call of Duty. The reason I don't much like modern shooters is because of that style. While the loadouts make sense because of the way multiplayer is set up, that takes away a lot of the fun of picking up new weapons and choosing new strategies. Everyone is pretty much equal in that regard in the new game, and it can feel old after a while. Also, ammo seems fairly pointless because of this, because I've never even come close to running out of ammo, even once. Even if I had, I could easily pick up another machine gun, which is probably going to be the same one I just had, if I can survive long enough to pick it up.

I've never been a big fan of melee attacks at all. I hate that you can just run up to someone and slap them in the face and they're dead instantly. It requires very little skill much of the time, and some people rely solely on melee attacks and it's the most annoying thing I can think of in any video game. I'm not saying I refuse to do it, because if I don't, I will be the one who's getting killed instead, but I'd rather it didn't exist.

I also don't like how fast you die in this game. In the original, matches with a limit of 10 kills took a long time because of the (comparatively) large health bar, and it made every kill feel like an accomplishment. In this game, most every time I kill sorry, eliminate someone, I feel like it was a cheapshot, and most every time I die, I feel cheated, because I barely have a chance to defend myself. Sometimes you spawn right next to someone who will then kill you in less than 2 seconds. The game box reads: "bringing multiplayer back to its roots", but all it's done is copy the same format every other game of this generation is doing.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love this game. I certainly like it more than Halo, especially with all the 13-year-olds cussing over the microphone all day like they're cool or something, but I wish it had tried to emulate that old-school style a little more. Of course, when developers try that these days, they usually fail because people call it archaic or something. I was one of the small group of people who LOVED Geist's multiplayer, because it brought back memories of Perfect Dark.

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Deviant_Mugen

@grenworthshero: Well said, I agree wholeheartedly. The frantic fun of scrambling to find a weapon as soon as the match started in the original is gone, as is trying to serpentine to avoid getting shot after you spawn without any means of defending yourself, running frantically to get to a nearby weapon. The melee thing is quite annoying, too, I remember when it took about 20 hits before you finally managed to off someone without using a weapon. While I still love the split-screen, I also wish Eurocom had emulated the original's style, instead of slapping a coat of Bond-colored paint on CoD's multi-player format...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

grenworthshero

It is a lot of fun. And it does hold more classic elements than many FPSs of today, but I can't find myself getting attached to this game like the original. It just doesn't really set itself apart from games like Halo and Call of Duty enough. And, let's face it--people who like Halo and Call of Duty are mostly going to go for those games first.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Spoony_Tech

OK I've finally found a set up I like for online. Only took 3 days of playing to find it but now the game feels better for me. I'm a lot better now with the controls and tried sniping for the first time and liked it. So now I give online a 8.5 out of 10.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Oregano

The think I agree on with regards to the multiplayer is the health... although I wouldn't want it to be bullet sponges either(mind flashes back to the Conduit). Overall though I really like the multiplayer because it seems really quite balanced... there's some maps that are more suited to one style(Snipers on Outpost for instance) but overall you can go with pretty much whatever weapon you want and still be competitive.

romulux

^and archives is perfect for golden gun. it may be my favorite level, definitely funner than the original version. too bad there's no bunker...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.