Forums

Topic: Bit.Trip Runner First Impressions

Posts 161 to 180 of 188

retired_account

3-9 is pissing me off. Too many cheap shots.

retired_account

Sneaker13

Finished Zone 1 and Zone 2 Perfect. Only Zone 3 to go, my favorite zone.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

accc

^Same here, I only have 7 more to go (3-1, 3-2, 3-5, 3-7, 3-9, 3-10, 3-11). They're all ridiculously hard though, I doubt I'll be able to get them all done any time soon.

accc

Paperclip

I'm disappointed, I'm already done with the game. I got one exclamation point on the first two words, and just need 3-10 on world three. The game itself was awesome (especially the ending), and I'm sure I'll replay through the levels again eventually, but I'm surprised how fast that was. Oh well, another awesome Bit. Trip down, two to go =D

(oh and by the way, for me it's: Core>Runner>Void>Beat)

Check out my classy comics.

accc

WTF... it isn't possible to get all the gold in the 3-9 bonus stage. There are two parts with floating platforms on the top that you need to spring yourself onto to get their gold coins, after which you have to drop back down onto another spring on the bottom to get more gold coins. On the first of these parts you can just fall down from the last floating platform onto the spring, but on the second part if you fall down you land just past the spring. I also tried jumping down to increase the angle at which I fell, but that didn't work either because you need to get close to the edge of the last floating platform to get one of the pieces of gold, so I ended up landing even further over even when doing the shortest possible jump from the earliest possible point. So in summary, perfecting 3-9's bonus stage seems to be impossible.

accc

Edwicket

@ accc

It's not impossible, I've done it. If just falling off the platform puts you past the spring, then you were right to try to jump off. Just jump as early as humanly possible after you get the last piece of gold on the platform. And just tap the jump button to make it as short a jump as possible.

Edwicket

accc

Well I tried that a few times and it didn't work, maybe I wasn't jumping soon enough? It's really tedious to keep coming back to that one part though.

accc

Bakajin

I just beat it! And not a moment too soon; the video game store opens in 50 minutes and I wanted to have Runner done before I picked up Galaxy 2. I don't think I'll ever go back for every gold bar in the main stages, let alone go for perfects, but it's definitely a fun game.

I wish the block had worked like the kick, i.e. you could just tap it and it'd stay out for a second, and I kinda wish hte jumps had been uniform and you didn't have to worry about whether you needed a short hop or a long jump, you just needed to worry about went to start the jump, but I guess that would've really cut down on the difficulty.

I had so much fun with that I might pick up Core and Void now.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!

NotEnoughGolds

Great game but it looks like it'll be a while before I finish it.
Played SMG2 for a couple hours last night then topped it off with a level of Runner (2-8 or so).
I'll probably keep doing that.

NotEnoughGolds

JonWahlgren

Just beat it. Holy crap did 3-10 and 3-11 blow. Boss stage made up for it, happy day.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

ThEjOkErIsWiLd

So, I was looking at this article in the retro section:

http://retro.nintendolife.com/news/2010/04/dedicated_castleva...

and all i could think was "What would it be like to play Bit.Trip Runner with a dance mat?" Imagine the extra layer of challenge that would bring to the game, and would definitely give it some more replay value after you've perfected all the stages with the remote.

ThEjOkErIsWiLd

Adam

It'd be so perfect for Core or Runner. Is there a Wii dance mat that can be used in place of the Wii remote? That guy used a Cube dance mat, and unfortunately there's no Wavebird love in the Bit Trip series.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

cheetahman91

@ThEjOkErIsWiLd: If I'm not mistaken BTR is only compatible with the Wii Remote so that would mean that playing it with a dance mat would be out of the question.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

ThEjOkErIsWiLd

Yeah cheetahman, it was just a "What if?" thought.

ThEjOkErIsWiLd

Adam

I don't understand how anyone can be anything but mesmerized by the last world's music. I like the city as well. There is an intended progression here as Commander Video visits the "real world" for the first time, and that means seeing spilled garbage, as well. A fire level would be generic and completely out of place with the Bit Trip "story."

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

KnucklesSonic8

Since I play DDR, I would love to play Bit.Trip RUNNER using the mat.

KnucklesSonic8

Odnetnin

Well I just beat it at 1:42 PM (47 minutes ago), and yes I'm a bit late to the party . Nothing short of the best game I've ever played. So yeah, consider me stoked for FATE.
SPOILERS
"You are not a man."
Man oh man did I laugh at that.
I love the game's message more than anything (okay, besides the music ); it kinda has a Forrest Gump-y feel to it. Like "I'm gonna keep running and I'm not gonna let anything stop me."

It also has an innocent perspective and subtle commentary on what it means to be human, as evidenced by going from the ethereal and lively zones to...well, a modern-day urban area, somewhere where humans live and work and interact. The name of 3-1, "Paradise Lost" just has so much resonance to me.

Zone 3 was easily my favorite because of the above and the music, of course. And then I felt the opposite about 3-Boss compared to most of you; my favorite level of the game especially because of the support your friends give you in running to the end.

I also love how Unstoppable Mr. Video nonchalantly thwacks the final boss and rainbow-runs off into the distance, first love and friends in tow, ready to meat his BIT.TRIP FATE.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

SwerdMurd

pixelman wrote:

3-9 is pissing me off. Too many cheap shots.

This game's entire design pissed me off. Nothing but cheap shots. But yeah, 3-9 and 3-10 definitely solidified my hate for the game.

I hate games that are 99% easy and 1% idiotic.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Paperclip

I don't see how it's cheap. Once you get into the groove of the song it's easy to just make your reflexes do the work. I remember the meatball staircases pissing me off, but now I can do them with ease.

@Odnetin I know, right? Commander Video is one of the most bad characters out there. And if you really think about it, the story is actually pretty deep. I'd totally do an essay on it or something. Can't wait for Fate as well, Gaijin Games has yet to disappoint me, I doubt they'll do it now.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Check out my classy comics.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.