Forums

Topic: Your Guess as to this year's surprise E3 Wii U Announcement(s)

Posts 101 to 120 of 448

DefHalan

Expect nothing and be surprised by everything lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I'm still hoping for a proper 3D Mario.

Try 2016. The 3D World team is working on another Mario game and I have a feeling it's going to be a 2016/2017 game.

It's been a year and a half since 3D World. At the very least, they should have something to show at E3.

Not really, especially if it's the big 3D game we all want it to be, they're going to want to take their time if that's the case. The only way I can see it showing up this year is if it's Super Mario 3D World: Leftover Ideas Edition, and since Nintendo has taken heed to complaints of too many similar games releasing in a short period of time, I don't think they're going to go that route.

You seem to not really understand. The game doesnt need to be coming this year to be shown off, this year. Also, you have GOT to stop assuming the majority agrees with you. A lot of us wouldn't mind a DLC map for 3D World.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Try 2016. The 3D World team is working on another Mario game and I have a feeling it's going to be a 2016/2017 game.

It's been a year and a half since 3D World. At the very least, they should have something to show at E3.

Not really, especially if it's the big 3D game we all want it to be, they're going to want to take their time if that's the case. The only way I can see it showing up this year is if it's Super Mario 3D World: Leftover Ideas Edition, and since Nintendo has taken heed to complaints of too many similar games releasing in a short period of time, I don't think they're going to go that route.

You seem to not really understand. The game doesnt need to be coming this year to be shown off, this year. Also, you have GOT to stop assuming the majority agrees with you. A lot of us wouldn't mind a DLC map for 3D World.

That would be awesome.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf wrote:

You seem to not really understand. The game doesnt need to be coming this year to be shown off, this year.

Except

1. They said that this year's E3 is focusing on 2015 games. Most if not all of the Holiday 2016 releases are probably being saved for E3 2016.
2. They rarely show off next year's games anyway unless they underestimate the development time.

UGXwolf wrote:

Also, you have GOT to stop assuming the majority agrees with you. A lot of us wouldn't mind a DLC map for 3D World.

Which they can easily implement as DLC if they want. Besides, you already got what you want either way, let the people who want an actually different Mario game have one for once this gen.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

ricklongo

UGXwolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

To be fair, Nintendo execs did say that they were going to focus on games coming in 2015 for this years E3, in order to justify Zelda's absence.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

But yeah, I would be skeptical of seeing games like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Retro's game, or Project Ukulele this year. Most of them are fairly big projects and started development within the last year, so they're probably not going to be ready until 2016/2017. The only big game I would expect is Next Level's game. At best we'll probably get teasers, but considering Nintendo's focus on its 2015 lineup (and they do have a lot of 2015 games to promote, Star Fox, Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Devil's Third, Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, Pokken, SMT X FE, Fire Emblem If, and I'm probably even forgetting something. Have we ever known about this many games going into E3?), it seems smarter to save a lot of these bombshells for next year.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf

ricklongo wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

To be fair, Nintendo execs did say that they were going to focus on games coming in 2015 for this years E3, in order to justify Zelda's absence.

People are heavily misinterpreting that. That wasn't the point if what Aonuma was saying. Of COURSE their E3 presentation is going to highligh/focus on 2015, there's plenty of stuff coming out in the second half of the year for them to talk about, but that doesn't mean they won't reveal something that's still a ways off, that goes double for stuff that'll have a lot of hype surrounding it like a new Zelda or a return to a more explorative style of Mario or maybe a new Metroid game.

IceClimbers

I think we might see Lucas be an "available following this presentation" type of thing.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf wrote:

People are heavily misinterpreting that. That wasn't the point if what Aonuma was saying. Of COURSE their E3 presentation is going to highligh/focus on 2015, there's plenty of stuff coming out in the second half of the year for them to talk about, but that doesn't mean they won't reveal something that's still a ways off, that goes double for stuff that'll have a lot of hype surrounding it like a new Zelda or a return to a more explorative style of Mario or maybe a new Metroid game.

Thing is though, if they're not showing off Zelda, which we already know about, why would they show off games that we don't know about that are releasing in a similar window? It'd be inconsistent. And Mario games typically aren't shown off a year early anyway, so I wouldn't expect that either. There's simply not much reason for them to show their hand for 2016 yet, there's more than enough 2015 games and probably a fair amount of early 2016 games they have to promote right now. That being said if any of these games has a chance at being teased (and I do think it'll be a teaser at best, these games are probably in the early stages of development right now), it'd be Metroid. They've already mentioned it to be in development and Nintendo has been discussing it for a while now, with even Miyamoto saying he's interested in the series. Both fans and critics have been asking for it for years. There's plenty of people eagerly anticipating this announcement, so even the mere confirmation of a Metroid game is sure to generate hype.

Bolt_Strike

Blast

Bolt_Strike wrote:

But yeah, I would be skeptical of seeing games like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Retro's game, or Project Ukulele this year. Most of them are fairly big projects and started development within the last year, so they're probably not going to be ready until 2016/2017. The only big game I would expect is Next Level's game. At best we'll probably get teasers, but considering Nintendo's focus on its 2015 lineup (and they do have a lot of 2015 games to promote, Star Fox, Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Devil's Third, Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, Pokken, SMT X FE, Fire Emblem If, and I'm probably even forgetting something. Have we ever known about this many games going into E3?), it seems smarter to save a lot of these bombshells for next year.

Hahahaha you forgot Fatal Frame for Wii U. And Rodea.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Bolt_Strike

Blast wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Fine. Fatal Frame, Rodea, and possibly Yokai Watch. Anything else?

Bolt_Strike

Haru17

Blast wrote:

So will western markets, so stop acting like that about it.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Guess what? I actually care about those games! Wow, huh?! Me! I care! Did I mention any western markets?!

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

Blast wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Guess what? I actually care about those games! Wow, huh?! Me! I care! Did I mention any western markets?!

Good for you. Doesn't mean you have to act obnoxious about it.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

I was being obnoxious? Sure... Sure... Pfft.

Master of the Hype Train

Bolt_Strike

BlackSpy wrote:

Donkey Kong Country: Bear Necessities by Retro

Do you play as Baloo or beat the crap out of him?

Bolt_Strike

-Juice-

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

He wasn't even acting obnoxious about it. He answered the question that was presented. Sheesh, take a chill pill.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

UGXwolf

@Bolt_Strike That's a hollow excuse. The reason they aren't showing Zelda has nothing to do with the potential delay. That wouldn't actually make sense. That's taking hype away from an unstoppable hype machine. The game has most likely taken on a major change so the demo they were going to have no longer fits the game. And by the time they announced that, it was too late to set up a new demo.

There's nothing stopping them from starting a new hype train, this year.

Bolt_Strike

@UGXwolf Again though, the lineup is already pretty overloaded with previously announced games, so the notion that this year is focusing on 2015 makes sense. They already have a ton of those games to show off, some of which have gotten little to no coverage at this point, so they're probably not going to have as much time to show off unannounced games this time. So most if not all of the new games they do show off are probably either Fall 2015 or Spring 2016 games. Plus from a marketing standpoint it wouldn't be that smart, since showing off a bigger game releasing further down the line would overshadow the existing lineup. Now simply isn't the right time to hype up those games, there's a lot of games between now and then that need attention first.

Bolt_Strike

Souldin

In regards to the focus on 2015 games, I'll believe it to be just that, a focus. That does not imply we won't get the odd game announced for a 2016 release date or more footage shown of a game that is releasing 2016. I can see a couple of announcements being 2016 related, probably more along the lines of teasers or short trailers, and possibly some extra footage on games that are coming 2015 for Japan but are releasing 2016 such as Fire Emblem If and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.

As for what could be the big surprise E3 announcement, well that depends on whether you'd count the surprise as fitting the 2015 focus narrative or as one of the odd 2016 teases, at least going by my assumptions. For a release that could happen this year, I'm personally hoping Next Level Games have been working on a Punch-Out U. That'd make me ecstatic.

I'm Souldin, older brother of the Grin Brothers YouTube channel, and writer over on DeviantART.

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6557-6769 | Nintendo Network ID: Souldin | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.