Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World - OT

Posts 561 to 580 of 732

NintendoFan64

Okay! I just realized that the game was released on Friday when I thought that it was coming tomorrow!...Guess I'm going to Gamestop tomorrow, since I've got stuff to do today.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Harvan

I got this game on Friday and played it all through the weekend. Beat it last night, but have a LOT of stuff to go back and re-collect. (And I did try to explore EVERY level thoroughly.)

As everyone else is saying, this game is so adorably cute that I need to make an appointment with my dentist now. My wife kept going "Awwww! That's so CUTE!" every time something new showed up on the screen made of yarn.

My two downsides to this game: I actually am not very fond of its music - roughly half of the music in the game has a country-western "twang" to it that I unfortunately really hate. (Sorry, not a country-western fan - it's one of my least favorite styles.) And most of the rest of the music wasn't all that memorable - there were a few good little ditties in there, but honestly I feel the music in Kirby's Epic Yarn was much better overall - more playful and inspired.

The other downside, and I hope not to spoil anything with this, was that I was really disappointed with the final boss and ending. Perhaps there's a better ending when you get 100% completion? But as it was, it left me feeling pretty unfulfilled, especially when compared to the final boss and ending of Yoshi's Island. (I think that's a fair comparison, given how similar the two games are.)

Please try my Mario Maker Levels: https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/Harvan
My Nintendo Network ID: KieferSkunk

Eat_Pie

I want this game, but I'm not sure if I should get it now. I'm kind of strapped on cash, so I may wait for a price cut. I was originally going to preorder it, but with a potential TP HD release, FE: Fates release, Xenoblade, and possibly PSMD, YWW has been pushed to the bottom of my buying list, and I won't have any money for it.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

UGXwolf

Been playing the crap out of this game somce it launched three days ago. My God, it's amazing. There's so few levels that leave me with a negative impression and so many I absolutely adore. And even when they bring back old concepts, it still feels fresh. I'm almost theough World five, collecting all the Wonder Wool and Flowers. I'm sure I'll eventually have no choice but to return to these levels again looking for hearts and stamp patches, but for now, I'm fine skipping those for a bit.

Everything from the music and visuals to the level design and gameplay seems spot on and polished to perfection, and I've been told of some post-game content I'll likely enjoy a great deal. One of the best games for the Wii U. Too bad Nintendo of America decided to obscure it amongst the October releases rather than letting it shine during the major game drought over the Summer.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Rexcalibr

I ordered the blue one amiibo on Amazon. I will definitely be getting the game too probably this week. The videos I've seen are so endearing and cute. I love the visuals. I feel guilty though for not having beaten or really played through so many of my other games though; Pikmin 3, DK: Tropical Freeze and Wind Waker.

Rexcalibr

CouchPals

I got this game on the release and recorded stage 1-1 and 2 so I can upload it on my channel. But neither my friend and I were ready for the level of cuteness and troll co-op had to offer us! Check out the video if you'd like a smile on your face with a few giggles in between!

CouchPals

jariw

Harvan wrote:

The other downside, and I hope not to spoil anything with this, was that I was really disappointed with the final boss and ending. Perhaps there's a better ending when you get 100% completion? But as it was, it left me feeling pretty unfulfilled, especially when compared to the final boss and ending of Yoshi's Island. (I think that's a fair comparison, given how similar the two games are.)

If you want to play Yoshi's Island, play Yoshi's Island. To me at least, Yoshi's Woolly World is a different game. Yoshi's Woolly World shares more of the design philosophies with 3D World, in that everyone should be able to play through to the Credits. The end game isn't half the game as in 3D World though - but the S levels + ultimate level are more challenging and memorable than the final boss level. And gold in the Boss Tent is pretty challenging too.

jariw

UGXwolf

@Harvan: Is there really any way to top how it played out on the SNES? And with the yarn aesthetic, making the final boss even remotely as menacing as it felt when we were kids is a near impossible feat, not to mention, we were much more easily impressed as children. Consider it one of the worst parts of nostalgia that we'll never truly get to have that moment again, and instead, appreciate what the game does right, which is pretty much everything. Off the top of my head, only one level was a pain in the rear, and everything else was deliciously difficult (with the exception of the boss tent because holy bejeebus, beating the last two bosses at hyper speed is absurd! I did it, though.)

More to the general audience, I've now beaten the game, finished the boss tent, and have all the flowers and wonder wool in the first four worlds and most of the fifth, barring the wool from the castle in that world. I'll likely shoot for 100% when I finish the Ultimate Level, as I really want to mulk this game for everything it's worth. Thank GOD I already completed all four criteria in Shuttlethread Pass so O won't have to do that level again.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

luisesteban

There are a lot of daysis and stamps that are hard to collect. Very fun game.

luisesteban

Pho

Enjoying this game alot, the level design is great! A fair amount of the levels feel very extensive in design, and I love exploring them. The music is adorable, and the art design is fantastic. I love going back and finding secrets I've missed, and also getting all the costumes. I love Yoshimelon!

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Rexcalibr

I got the blue Yoshi amiibo in the mail today. It's really cute but I'm putting it in a separate place from the rest of my amiibos since it's a different style.

Rexcalibr

Eel

If you play with the wiimote you have total control over the direction of your thrown yarn balls, I had no idea. It's kinda cool.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jariw

Morpheel wrote:

If you play with the wiimote you have total control over the direction of your thrown yarn balls, I had no idea. It's kinda cool.

What's not so cool is that Good-Feel forgot that the Gamepad has a gyro.

jariw

Eel

I guess it's because of the screen or the size. But yah that would've been nice as an option.

Using B instead of A to throw yarn balls with the wiimotes would've been better too. Since to use the A button you need to let go of the Dpad and, well, you can't move Yoshi while aiming.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

retropunky

So I keep reading how this is a true sequel of sorts to Yoshi's Island, and better than the DS title. But how does it compare to Yoshi's Story?

I'm thinking of picking this one up in a few days, and that bundle with the amiibo looks great.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

I beat the game tonight!

Now, go back and collect the flowers to play the real ending of the game. That's my favorite part of the whole game, and such a nice surprise in so many ways.

jariw

VanillaLake

NintyMan wrote:

@PKpunky: It borrows some things such as playing Yoshis without Baby Mario and there's cute, original enemies and bosses. The health system is very similar to Story's too. But this game is clearly better than Story because it's much longer and much harder.

And more creative than Yoshi's Story. It has ideas that I loved from Yoshi's Island but also some I've never seen in any 2D platformer and I've played tons of them. I haven't played Kirby's Epic Yarn which was also made by Good Feel so perhaps they took some ideas from it, too. Yoshi's Wolly World is one of the finest platformers I've ever played, probably best Yoshi game ever.

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

Rexcalibr

I got the game yesterday. It was the bundle that comes with the greed yarn Yoshi amiibo.

Can't wait to play it today.

Rexcalibr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic