Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 721 to 740 of 4,371

Andyliini

cookiex wrote:

[
I'd be lucky if I can find a copy at all. Not one store in Sweden seems to have it.

Hmm...
I'm quite sure I have seen it used in GameStop here in Finlandm tough I can't remember when was it. Thankfully I got mine preoreded back in the day, so it shall forever stay in my game closet. Also, it has localized box and manual. That one could be a rare thing in 10-15 years.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

Blast

Okay so here's my question... how will the gamer's avatar have Heart To Heart Moments (an awesome element from Xenoblade Chronicles) when he/she TECHNICALLY doesn't have a set personality?!

Cuz I'm pretty sure a Heart to Heart moment will be ready the second you first meet Elma and the girl with the Monado in her hair.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Spoony_Tech

I'm going to take a wild guess and say we will determine the heart to hearts by selections. It will make everyone's play through different in this aspect.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Blast

I also hope a guide book is ready as soon as this game releases.

Master of the Hype Train

Ryno

Blast wrote:

I also hope a guide book is ready as soon as this game releases.

...and an art book (in English), and a Soundtrack. Just imported the Xenoblade Chronicles soundtrack and totally tempted to get the book too though I wont be able to read a lick of it. Pretty nerdy, I know.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

OmegaMetroid93

Blast wrote:

Okay so here's my question... how will the gamer's avatar have Heart To Heart Moments (an awesome element from Xenoblade Chronicles) when he/she TECHNICALLY doesn't have a set personality?!

Cuz I'm pretty sure a Heart to Heart moment will be ready the second you first meet Elma and the girl with the Monado in her hair.

How can we even be sure heart-to-hearts will make a return?
And even if they do, they might not be in the same form. I'd think since the character doesn't have much of a personality, maybe they'd focus more on the character you're "heart-to-hearting" with. If you need an example, think social links from Persona 3 and 4.
I'd be absolutely fine with that.

OmegaMetroid93

Kamalisk

That is my biggest concern of this game, is that the amazing moments of the game won't work if the main character doesn't talk. I hope the heart to hearts make a return. It might be that the character we play does have a voice, just in what we saw, he never really said much.

Kamalisk

Blast

I luv that we get to create our own avatar cuz thats just so awesome. I just want out avatar in the game to be emotionally expressive in cutscenes and stuff. I want him/her to say stuff. I don't want him/her to only say stuff like "Yeah" when you are buying from a shop or levelling up.

Master of the Hype Train

OmegaMetroid93

I agree with that. I definitely believe that they could still create an intruiging story with good characters despite a "blank" main character, since many other games have done it as well.
But it would be nice if the main character actually spoke, or at least showed emotion. I don't want none of that "this character is you, so they don't ever express themselves" crap.

OmegaMetroid93

Blast

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I agree with that. I definitely believe that they could still create an intruiging story with good characters despite a "blank" main character, since many other games have done it as well.
But it would be nice if the main character actually spoke, or at least showed emotion. I don't want none of that "this character is you, so they don't ever express themselves" crap.

EXACTLY. Hopefully the avatar talks like how Mass Effect does it. You can still choose what they say BUT they do have dialogue.

Master of the Hype Train

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

EXACTLY. Hopefully the avatar talks like how Mass Effect does it. You can still choose what they say BUT they do have dialogue.

I second this idea, especially if it's done anywhere near as well as Mass Effect.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

But I got a feeling that the main character won't be speaking dialogue like in Mass Effect. He/She will only say stuff for moves and small stuff like, "Yeah, I want this" when buying stuff. Its just so much easier to do it that way.

Hopefully the development team doesn't get lazy about that.

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I second this idea, especially if it's done anywhere near as well as Mass Effect.

I dunno, good dubs for Japanese games are hard to come by under normal circumstances. The sheer amount of dialogue that would need to be recorded to achieve a Mass Effect, er, effect would probably turn off whomever is doing it. NoA didn't even care enough to record dialogue at all for XC.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Nintenjoe64

I hope they get cockney bad guys again.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

OmegaMetroid93

Honestly, I really loved the voice actors in Xenoblade. As long as they can do an equally good job with this one, I'll be more than happy.

OmegaMetroid93

Blast

Okay so I was paying close attention to the TreeHouse demo of XCX and the situation of how your avatar talks is still unclear. Elma asks your character questions and sometimes your avatar just shakes their head. But sometimes there's a moment for your avatar to SPEAK but the dang demo players skipped everytime where the avatar had the CHANCE to speak.
That bothers me. Elma was asking the avatar a question and it was very clear that the avatar was supposed to SAY something but the demo player skipped the scene. So I'm wondering.... Is it just dialogue boxes or will your character actually say ANYTHING?!

The character wasn't even grunting in fights!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The avatar wasn't saying a dang word! Elma was talking as she fought!

I'm getting kinda worried by this. XCX is my most anticipated game of all time.

Master of the Hype Train

ZurrrrBlattTron

Should I pick the original Xenoblade? I always wanted to but I had no idea if I would like it would any of you recommend it?

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Blast

torotoid64 wrote:

Should I pick the original Xenoblade? I always wanted to but I had no idea if I would like it would any of you recommend it?

Xenoblade is a epic JRPG that puts recent Final Fantasy games to shame. The Tales series could also learn a lesson or two from Xenoblade.

Get the game and prepare to be amazed.

Master of the Hype Train

MsJubilee

@torotoid64 Do it dude it's great but i will warn you that game is hard to find now.And if you do the game will be over priced like crazy.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MsJubilee

Would it be awesome is this game came out with Xenoblade chronicles in a set,just like bayonetta 2 will have.I would love that two amazing games in one damn.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic