Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 4,371

andreoni79

@Dezzy: I obviously wanna try to enjoy the game and last night I went back to Mira for some secondary missions. Here we go with the field music, than I accidentally pass over a very small enemy that wasn't there a frame before, here we go with the battle music; I watch my party killing that useless enemy, then there's the field music again. Have to fly to reach a certain area: here's the flying theme and when I land here's the field music again. Let's fight to finish the mission; battle music! Press A a dozen time. Field music again! I'd better fly to the new destination but that song just restart from the beginning once again... "Don't worry about the future it's alright" than I quit.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

edhe

@andreoni79:

I can understand someone might feel a bit fed up with the game at that point - I'm probably at around the same place you are. The problem is it's such a grind.

At the moment, I'm training up some other characters - one annoying thing I find is that you have to use Elma and Lin for the main missions, and select members for affinity missions. It wouldn't be a problem if they were easier to swap in and out. As such, some members begin to lag behind, and you need to go through some grinding to get them up to an acceptable fighting/affinity level if you hope to do all of the affinity missions.

Besides, I hear that Chapter 10 is particularly tough, so I could probably do with getting to lvl.50 and gaining access to the next set of Skells, not to mention refining my gear and skills...

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

WiiWareWave

@Mineral: Btw there are ultra well hidden areas that have unique tyrants that don't even count towards the survey rate or for completing the Bestiary.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Lycidas

paul6891 wrote:

Lycidas wrote:

rishisquid wrote:

paul6891 wrote:

Lycidas wrote:

After spending some time farming for good Skell Weapons, reaching level 50 and buying a new skell (they are so expensive, I went down to 50k affter buying an Amdusias!), went to kill Joker, and boy did the levels fly by! Now I'm level 60, maxed out three of the six final classes, all so I'll hopefully have a chance to beat that monster of a boss in chapter 10. The first time, I got destroyed in less than ten minutes, after losing three out of four skells (of course, one of the lost ones was the free skell) and then holding out on foot.
I don't even want to think about those cursed Millesaurs and other monsters though. XD

I'm having trouble with the chapter 10 boss as well. I've brought a second level 30 skell hoping that will help but I'm only level 42 at the moment so im thinking I need to grind a bit.

Even with 4 skells I died and had to grind a while before I beat it.

I feel you. I'll be trying again tonight, hopefully I'll do better now.

It was actually pretty easy second time round, I was level 44 with 2 level 30 skells and the level 20. The boss comes in 2 parts and the second part I could probably have done with my eyes closed. I was surprised how easy it was

You're right, it went over in an eyeblink! Never thought it'll be that easy!

Now I'm finishing some missions and searching for that spirit wand in order to unlock another arms manufacturer to spend my Miranium on. so far not a single one found. Oh, and I tried one Nemesis Mission and got my Skell destroyed after finishing about three bars of health of the Telethia Man that thing was strong.

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

Mineral

Neko_Ichigofan wrote:

@Mineral: Btw there are ultra well hidden areas that have unique tyrants that don't even count towards the survey rate or for completing the Bestiary.

I'm sure I got most of them by getting all the holofigures. Like Zorn The Wanderer, who only appears when there's a rainbow in a cave in Cauldros. He was such a pain to get to spawn. Don't care about the Bestiary to be honest.

Mineral

3DS Friend Code: 1607-1877-1442

Eat_Pie

@Lycidas
Wait until you try Yggralith Zero. Ygg is even harder.

Eat_Pie

Dezzy

Ok so here's a question:
Who's the best 4th member for the party? I assume pretty much everyone has Elma and Lin because of how often they're needed for missions.
Who's the best 4th?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eat_Pie

@Dezzy
There's no "best" party member. Once you hit post-game, you can use anyone you like. However, I'd say Nagi, or L.

Eat_Pie

Dezzy

Eat_Pie wrote:

@Dezzy
There's no "best" party member. Once you hit post-game, you can use anyone you like. However, I'd say Nagi, or L.

You sure? There does seem to be a bit of a gap between some of them. Irina was utterly awful compared to Doug, for example (at the same level)

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Monkey_Balls

Tsurii wrote:

@Monkey_Balls: I'd say take some time and just read through the manual and the menus for arts and skills to see what different things do. It's actually not too complicated if you actively try to understand the stuff, if you think you can just keep going with the bare minimum in terms of..."knowhow", you'll get a pretty mean wakeup slap around the midway point of the story (chapter 6-9..depending on how much other things you do in between chapters to level up)
For the most part the story and affinity missions are pretty manageable as long as you don't try to rush through everything. But if you want to do at least those, you will have to look more into the augments and level your skills and arts up properly at some point.

I keep meaning to properly invest in the game - I'm on chapter 4 with about 30 hours played and admittedly still don't really know what I'm doing. I guess I'm used to playing RPGs where it's usually obvious which weapon works best on certain creatures, but with XCX I seem to be judging all my battles on what level they are compared to me... which is wrong, right? It is possible to beat enemies higher than myself? If so, I've failed thus far.

Your warning about the later chapters has prompted me to properly look at the manual and try to understand the mechanics more, so thanks for the kick up the butt - otherwise, I doubt I'd get very far.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

Pho

@ Dezzy: I used Gwin as my 4th, with defensive stance and another ability he has great survivability. I used Lao at first though.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Eat_Pie

@Dezzy
Yeah. There are definitely characters who are better than others, but there's no "best" character just like there's no "best" team. Use who you like or who fits your team.

Eat_Pie

kkslider5552000

I finally got to play again. Exploring Noctilum is so good, omg. Several points I've just like spun the camera around to look at the environment, it's breathtaking.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

WiiWareWave

Why is Bozé's 4 heart Kizune quest so difficult? The boss of the quest is in the upper 40's and you have to fight on foot on a tiny pillar while your party members commit suicide by swimming in the lava which forces you to take on the beast alone. And all of this for a pathetically weak level 30 Skell...

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Justlink

@Neko_Ichigofan: Use soul voice and keep them in a group, tell them to stay around u

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

rk3388

Just bought this game for 50 bucks brand new! (And in Canadian money, so would be way less than that in U.S $)
Does anyone have any good guides I could read or videos to watch to get me introduced with the series because I've never played a xenoblade game before

rk3388

Leon_Kennedy

Just done the mission where you need to find a sperical EM motor in Noctulum. God, it was frustrating. Id never have found it without looking online. First time the games really annoyed me.

Leon_Kennedy

edhe

@Leon_Kennedy:

I know what you mean - between the rare pickups and the specific drops from, sometimes specific mosters (which you can at least trade for with tickets), some of the quests are extremely grindy.
I finally found my first mystic(?) wand in Sylv' for a quest, but I felt I had to register it in my compendium, otherwise I might forget it. And of course, then I had to find another one for the quest...

I too had to do a google search, and it turns out, it reliably shows up in three different areas from 19:00 until morning, so I had to do a few passes until I finally got it.

As for other pickups, I was able to find what I needed in Primordia on the big bridge in the north - primarily, Drilling Squirrels, driftwood and these coils or rings (forgive me for not being able to recall exactly what everything is called in this game).

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic