Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 4,371

shingi_70

My guess is the online will be something in between the online for monster hunter and The Last Story.

Also my guess is that Ambioo support will be armor sets for your character.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

OmegaMetroid93

Themed weapons could also be really cool.
Scan your Shulk amiibo and you get a sword that looks like the Monado, complete with the light beam and all that.
Obviously, it wouldn't be able to use all the abilities, but they could definitely get some in there.

That makes me wonder.. Will different weapons give you access to different arts or is is only class based?
I assume different classes use different types of weapons, but still.

OmegaMetroid93

Maelstrom

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

That makes me wonder.. Will different weapons give you access to different arts or is is only class based?

Doubt it. Going by Xenoblade and other RPGs, different weapons will probably give you different extra stat boosts and you will need to toss out old weapons as you level up whether you like the skills or not. And, the classes are probably fixed permanently with arts specific to that class.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

TheLilK98

Maelstrom wrote:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Doubt it. Going by Xenoblade and other RPGs, different weapons will probably give you different extra stat boosts and you will need to toss out old weapons as you level up whether you like the skills or not. And, the classes are probably fixed permanently with arts specific to that class.

I'm pretty sure they said something about switching classes mid battle at e3.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

OmegaMetroid93

Did they? I know you can change weapons mid-battle, but classes? I highly doubt that.
I'd love to be wrong about that, though!

OmegaMetroid93

MsJubilee

shingi_70 wrote:

Also my guess is that Ambioo support will be armor sets for your character.

Oh imagine walking around the world dressed up as captain falcon? That would be awesome!!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

triforcepower73

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Did they? I know you can change weapons mid-battle, but classes? I highly doubt that.

I just watched the part near the end of the Treehouse demo when they discuss the classes and yes they said "Now one different thing about Xenoblade Chronicles X is that you can change classes on the fly, even mid-battle. So if there's an arts palette set that you wanna have access to that you don't have access to right now, you can change classes out and jump from a defensive attacker to a heavier attacker. If there's something that you find yourself needing desperately, you'll be able to switch classes on the fly, jump straight out into a different class and use those abilities." Also one of the other guys says that once you earn those arts palettes from the different classes, you can mix and match to make your own customized set of arts! I'm pumped about that feature! It seems very unique. They did sort of have that in the original XC but not nearly to this level!

Edited on by triforcepower73

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

TheLilK98

triforcepower73 wrote:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I just watched the part near the end of the Treehouse demo when they discuss the classes and yes they said "Now one different thing about Xenoblade Chronicles X is that you can change classes on the fly, even mid-battle. So if there's an arts palette set that you wanna have access to that you don't have access to right now, you can change classes out and jump from a defensive attacker to a heavier attacker. If there's something that you find yourself needing desperately, you'll be able to switch classes on the fly, jump straight out into a different class and use those abilities." Also one of the other guys says that once you earn those arts palettes from the different classes, you can mix and match to make your own customized set of arts! I'm pumped about that feature! It seems very unique. They did sort of have that in the original XC but not nearly to this level!

There it is. That's actually really exciting.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

triforcepower73

TheLilK98 wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

There it is. That's actually really exciting.

Ikr! I'm so excited for the amount of customization it looks like this game'll have.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Faruko

Cant this game come any sooner ?

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

kkslider5552000

So my idea for Amiibo would be that you get to fight certain monsters from the relevant series (all of which are equal to your party's current level). So if you use a Zelda Amiibo you get to fight a King Dodongo or Molgera or something.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

So my idea for Amiibo would be that you get to fight certain monsters from the relevant series (all of which are equal to your party's current level). So if you use a Zelda Amiibo you get to fight a King Dodongo or Molgera or something.

Now that sounds cool

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Now that sounds cool

People are just as likely or unlikely to read your posts unbolded.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Spoony_Tech

King Dodongo would so fit in the world as well.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

OmegaMetroid93

triforcepower73 wrote:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Oh dude, that is AWESOME! Great news.

OmegaMetroid93

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic