Forums

Topic: What GC VC games could look like if they were upscaled to 1080p

Posts 21 to 40 of 152

GameLord08

mieu-fire wrote:

true all it looks like is n64 to gc mario just wasnt ment to be HD

uhh mario and pikmin is not a good HD chose for HD but zombiu is to me idc about HD all i want is a good game to play and my favorite system is my ps3 and i still dont care idc if GC games are HD on VC cause i like playing my GC on my wii and it saves time

Please, do go ahead and tell us why they shouldn't have upscaled graphics. Tell us what makes them "bad choices" for HD. Because last time I check, positively altered graphics were a good thing.

GameLord08

Mieu-Fire

im not saying its bad im saying idc about HD i like HD its awsome zombiu be awsome in HD but mario and pikmin arent good choses to show off HD

MANGO

DudeSean

HD doesn't mean anything to me, because I don't have an HDTV.

Also, I can tell the difference, but I don't care. I've never cared about graphics. I still play NES games to this day when I have the choice of choosing a newer game. So I'm well aware that graphics don't do anything for games. Not for me, anyway.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Hokori

Also HD is just an excuse to remake games and sell them for more $$$, the one thing I hate about the PS3 is the HD classics, they should just sell those games on PSN as its normal PS2 version

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Mieu-Fire

DudeSean wrote:

Also, I can tell the difference, but I don't care. I've never cared about graphics. I still play NES games to this day when I have the choice of choosing a newer game. So I'm well aware that graphics don't do anything for games. Not for me, anyway.

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU this is what im saying i love hd i can tell the diffrence but idc about HD and the graphics i think its good they are inprobing the graphics but i just dont care i care about gameplay

MANGO

zezhyrule

DudeSean wrote:

So I'm well aware that graphics don't do anything for games. Not for me, anyway.

Yep. Except, you know, provide a way to display video game content to your eyes. Not really important. Speaking of which, why don't we have more audio games? Graphics don't do anything, so who needs 'em?

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

OptometristLime

How is Pikmin not a good choice to show off HD?

Pikmin is about photorealistic graphics, or at least a capable imitation on Gamecube and Wii.

No other title is better suited for HD, than Pikmin IMO.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Hokori

Oh also realize I'm also against Nintendos 3D remakes as well, like OOT and SF64, the only games on a Nintendo system before that I see suited are FF V and VI but only because FF III and IV are on DS so a 3DS version of V-some other FF game would make since

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

moomoo

thelastlemming wrote:

How is Pikmin not a good choice to show off HD?

Pikmin is about photorealistic graphics, or at least a capable imitation on Gamecube and Wii.

No other title is better suited for HD, than Pikmin IMO.

I completely agree. It's a franchise about realistically showing off small stuff by making them big. Part of what Nintendo and reviewers touted about the orignal Pikmin was how "realistic" it looked.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

shingi_70

Damn didn't think people would be opposed to crisper resolution and pushing what's interactive entertainment can do. Compare the HD versions of Rayman origins to the wii version and its q big difference. Or look at things like the Quantic Dream Kara Demo or Unreal 4 tech demo.

[youtibe:tfpKTclOnfI]

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

moomoo

WaveBoy wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

Anyways, random TV talk mumbo jumbo aside, i find myself always more interested in playing retro games that i missed out on than anything new. I've got Kid Icarus: Uprising(Just one example over
the dozen of unplayed new releases that i have) still in it's packaging, when I'd much rather play SMB: Lost Levels and GunStar Heroes
on the Wii's VC.

It's why i miss the simpler times of gaming. Brilliant level designs, superb challenge, killer chip tunes, charming sprite based graphics, no crazy load screens ect ect. Meanwhile a game such as the previous 2 i mentioned if you're good enough could be beaten in 2 gaming sessions.

Kid Icarus has you covered on all of those fronts, except the sprite based graphics. I still found the game to be charming, though. Oh, and those games could be beaten in 1 gaming session. Granted, you'd have to practically memorize those games. Seriously, I can't count the amount of times I died on Gunstar Heroes, and I completely gave up on ever beating the Lost Levels.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

zezhyrule

It's always fun to see where topics like this go on Nintendo forums. I get kicks out of reading these posts. Great stuff, keep it up guys!

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

romulux

it's not very helpful to use a youtube video to showcase HD, it's much clearer with screenshots:
Untitled

even if it's true that graphics alone don't make a game fun, they definitely help. play a PC game rendered to 1500p and you'll be amazed at how much more immersive and real a game feels when there aren't jaggedy edges and blotchy polygons everywhere. it's almost scary how realistic games can look at those resolutions.

it's also the case that developers work on games at HD resolutions, so a lot of their work is lost when wrung through the wii's SD output. compare the development shots of skyward sword nintendo showed off at e3 2010 to the final version:
e3 (HD)- http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57524/zelda/images/f/f0...
wii- http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/wiki-api.ign.com/the-lege...

i hope the wii u VC ups the internal resolution of gamecube games to 1080p just the same way the wii's VC upped n64 games to 480p. it makes a world of difference, when you see the two resolutions side by side there's no arguing it.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

scrubbyscum999

I love HD, I have been watching HD material since around it first came out. However, I am surprised by how hyped up you guys are getting over it. I always watch stuff in HD, the only time I don't is with Wii and obviously and portable systems (DS and 3DS). I definitely wish the Wii was HD but at the time it made sense not to so the could sell it cheaper, one of the reasons the Wii sold so much. I am as excited to finally complete my HD world with Nintendo as anybody but if someone doesn't care than I don't see the big problem. Even with all my HD watching over the years, the Wii didn't really bother me. I guess I just am so used to my games not being in HD. I am glad they have 480p on the Wii though. I don't care if it's jagged, I want my picture to at least be sharp. I think you guys need calm down with HD thing, if someone doesn't care they don't care. I do wish they had some upscale feature for the WiiU though.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

GameLord08

Never will I understand how shallow-minded a person can get before they realise that all these graphics "they don't care about" are part of what contributes within the gameplay itself.

If you can't see that, from the comparison I posted, that the upscaled graphics in New Super Mario Bros. U re-define the entire environment of the game, then I have no idea what set of eyes you were born with, but they are certainly not human eyes. This "HD you don't care about" isn't just about crisp graphics, or sharper colours; this is a term that has been bast*rdised over the length of time it took for people to dog out any piece of technology whatsoever for its lack of graphical competence. Look at the screenshots closely - the latter provides improved textures, vastly expansiated background designs, better realistic lighting, smoother blending and shading, and overall, what does that make? A more realistic in-game visual environment, and thus more immersive experience.

Let me give a quick mash-up of an example. Look at the dirt terrain in NSMBU, and compare it with the dirt terrain in NSMB Wii - you can see those layers of soil stand out much more clearly. You can see the grass hanging over the soil, shadowing it perfectly. You can see the green of the grass much more detailed, with the leaves overlapping each other clearly, and the green much more reflective and brighter than ever. You can see the impeccable coloured gradient of the flowers amidst the grass, budding from their perky little stems. The environment is brought to life - it makes the world of Mario seem more proficient and outstanding on your TV. It makes you want to indulge yourself deeper into the game within all its in-game realism. These are all just the tiny details of a landscape that define exactly just how much that landscape is drafted to perfection. They define just how much the game world is worth delving deeper into.

Am I trying to alter your perspective? Perish the thought. All I intend to say is, if you don't care about all this at all, then I really am just shockingly devastated at how unattentive you can get.

GameLord08

Hokori

Lol the dirt WAS what I was looking at to begin with

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

MAB

Well seeing how you can purchase a 3DTV for a quarter of the price they were 1 or 2 years ago I'm hoping Ninty is still supporting this feature. I don't own one at the moment but might possibly look into upgrading next year

MAB

shingi_70

Don't think they will. On the TV front 3D is mostly dead in the market with very low adoption. 3D I. The Tv sector wont become popular until they are able to do it glasses free. But by then the price would be high and the market would be moving kn to afforadble 4K. That and with the expection of a few movies 3D tticket sales are down as well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

MAB

@Sony_70 Yeah thats why I didn't really want to be an early adopter of the 3DTV craze + $8000 for something that is not heavily supported was just fully out of the question. I know people that bought theirs in the first year of release and now just use it with the 3D turned off and are sick of wearing the glasses, which I could imagine would be bloody annoying. I would hate to see the price when glasses free 4-8k sets get the go ahead, you would have to be the king of england to own one

@Wavesta Not much of a film/TV buff anyway so I would only use mine for gaming alot of those 3D flicks are imo poorly acted/scripted turds wrapped up in a glossy presentation. Look at Battleship, Rhianna? what the hell were they thinking

MAB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.