Forums

Topic: What did you think of the Nintendo Direct in relation to the Wii U?

Posts 121 to 140 of 279

SCRAPPER392

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I wasn't disappointed. It's my honest opinion that Nintendo's exclusive games "kill" anything Sony and Microsoft have planned. All they need is the upcoming 3rd party games, and Nintendo has struck gold.

It would be crazy if MK8 got 3 million consoles sold in June.

It won't even sell 3 million copies by June, let alone new systems.

Source?

When does a guess need a source?

How are we supposed to know it's a guess?

Common sense and comprehension (not being rude just answering your question).

Why so negative, though? I can totally respect a prediction, but that means you need to respect mine as well. Notice how people are calling me a fanboy or crazy person. I'm not the one out of line, here.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

LzWinky

moomoo wrote:

faint wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

Its pretty much what I expected.

Nintendo had nothing to show last year so they pretty much showed us their entire 2015 lineup. And a lack of 3rd party support means there will be a serious drought during the 1st half of the year with the one game a month thing happening in the 2nd half(if we're lucky).

Those of you who thought we were going to see big games must want them to embarrass themselves again at E3 or are delusional.

you mean 2014 and i doubt this is all of it. it's febuary for crying out loud

And they have virtually nothing from Donkey Kong to Mario Kart, which lasts 3 months. And summers are always pretty bad with game releases.

If they're showing us games way ahead of time like Smash Bros, X, Bayonetta, and Yarn Yoshi, what are the chances we'll see much outside of those 4 (if we even see all of those this year. The lack of a release date on X and a no-show by Yarn Yoshi make it look pretty unlikely)?

Funny. I didn't realize GBA and Remix 2 was "virtually nothing". Maybe "virtually nothing for moomoo"

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MrGawain

It does look like where getting a repeat perscription of last years drought, but I am excited to play Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, X, Smash and those other intangibles Nintendo has hinted or vaguely said about. Neither Titanfall or Infamous 3 with Finally Fantasy XXXIIVVVVVCCXXIII, Thief and Wat_Chdogs has inpired me to buy a four or one.

I would prefer to have a bit of Awe than a lot Yawn.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

SCRAPPER392

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@SCAR392 Terrible spot to ask for a source there. A source for potential sales incurred by a future release? Really? It's all just guessing at that point.

I was being sarcastic, because somehow my positive predictions are out of line in comparison to negative predictions. It's ironic.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Blast

ZeroZX_Dev wrote:

You people upset wit the Direct seem to have way too high expectations, I thought it was okay.
Yeah, there wasn't a lot of Wii U games. So what? What they did show was great.
Honestly, if you're going to sell your Wii U because of this, then go ahead. There's the door, don't let hit you on the way out.
Hurtful, but true. You have only yourselves to blame for over hype.

GREAT COMMENT!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Jazzer94

@SCAR392 I think I'm being misunderstood here, I don't agree with what @JohnRedcorn said I only replied cause it seemed you were a bit confused.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Klimbatize

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

What's the WiiU?

It's a new, upgraded controller/tablet for the Wii that you already own.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Jazzer94

Unca_Lz wrote:

moomoo wrote:

faint wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

Nintendo had nothing to show last year so they pretty much showed us their entire 2015 lineup. And a lack of 3rd party support means there will be a serious drought during the 1st half of the year with the one game a month thing happening in the 2nd half(if we're lucky).

Those of you who thought we were going to see big games must want them to embarrass themselves again at E3 or are delusional.

And they have virtually nothing from Donkey Kong to Mario Kart, which lasts 3 months. And summers are always pretty bad with game releases.

If they're showing us games way ahead of time like Smash Bros, X, Bayonetta, and Yarn Yoshi, what are the chances we'll see much outside of those 4 (if we even see all of those this year. The lack of a release date on X and a no-show by Yarn Yoshi make it look pretty unlikely)?

Funny. I didn't realize GBA and Remix 2 was "virtually nothing". Maybe "virtually nothing for moomoo"

People are never happy, my only gripe was them putting the GBA ver of Yoshi's island instead of the Snes ver which is just better.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

RancidVomit86

SCAR392 wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@SCAR392 Terrible spot to ask for a source there. A source for potential sales incurred by a future release? Really? It's all just guessing at that point.

I was being sarcastic, because somehow my positive predictions are out of line in comparison to negative predictions. It's ironic.

I never said anyone was right or wrong. It's all a guess from here. I could say MK8 will sell 25 million units or 100,000 units and neither would be more right or wrong at this point.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Dark-Luigi

Blast wrote:

ZeroZX_Dev wrote:

You people upset wit the Direct seem to have way too high expectations, I thought it was okay.
Honestly, if you're going to sell your Wii U because of this, then go ahead. There's the door, don't let hit you on the way out.

GREAT COMMENT!!!

Thirded. Seriously guys, lighten up.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

It's not 'positive' vs 'negative'. It's 'outlandish' vs 'realistic'.

MikeLove

Donalp15

Blast wrote:

ZeroZX_Dev wrote:

GREAT COMMENT!!!

Well said, and true

FC 0516 7736 7877

Jazzer94

Overall I liked it, new Smash character, several MK8 characters and footage of two of my most anticipated games X and Bayonetta 2.
Edit: I keep saying to not over hype yourselves and you will enjoy it much more.

Edited on by Jazzer94

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

SCRAPPER392

Jazzer94 wrote:

@SCAR392 I think I'm being misunderstood here, I don't agree with what @JohnRedcorn said I only replied cause it seemed you were a bit confused.

Except I'm not the one calling anyone crazy or a fanboy. Notice how I'm not insulting or labelling anyone.

Qwest

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Except I'm not the one calling anyone crazy or a fanboy. Notice how I'm not insulting or labelling anyone.

I didn't call you a fanboy or crazy I think you need to chill a bit.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

SCRAPPER392

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

It's not 'positive' vs 'negative'. It's 'outlandish' vs 'realistic'.

You make it sound like Mario Kart 8 won't sell copies or consoles like MKWii did. I think Mario Kart 8 will basically be on everyone's console, and will sell consoles. I admit that my 3 million prediction wasn't exactly what I think, but if MK8 did sell even 1 million Wii Us, it would be a big deal.

Qwest

moomoo

Unca_Lz wrote:

moomoo wrote:

faint wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

Sorry, it's just hard for me to get hyped for an overpriced ROM-Hack with no online leaderboards and a bunch of games I already own (on a system that isn't even portable, no less).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not selling my Wii U. I'll buy and enjoy Mario Kart, Smash Bros and X. But unless if you love every game genre on the planet, you're going to see the effects of a major drought.

Also, virtually doesn't mean completely. It means, almost, nearly, etc. Which is exactly what NES Remix 2 and GBA games constitute as.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

MAN1AC

Ryno wrote:

Miss_Dark wrote:

Ryno wrote:

That's it, we saw all Nintendo has left before they pull the plug on the Wii U. Stay tuned for March's direct to see another trailer of X and Bayonetta 2!

you think they won't release a zelda game on wii u? (a new one I mean)

Seems like a waste at this point. They might as well take their ideas for Zelda U and make another 3DS game. That is where the money is.

Let's not go overboard.
The worst case scenario would be this game being released at the end of the Wii U's life cycle and getting the Twilight princess treatment.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

LzWinky

In all honesty, it's what I expected. I suspect they're saving the big hitters for e3

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

I didn't call you a fanboy or crazy I think you need to chill a bit.

I know you didn't but the way people word their comments on here, doesn't make it exactly clear that they are considering an opinion besides their own.

i.e. You think Wii U is "doomed". Fine. I don't, but I get called a fanboy or crazy,in exchange. Not fine.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.