Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - OT

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,761

Donnie

That's pretty awesome. My first thought was also, didn't they say the wolf link amiibo would do something in the new game? So I guess the unlockable area will contain whatever it is that will cross over, be it an item, a type of currency, I suppose even some sort of lore type story that this Link could find out part of, the next link finds out more about in Zelda Wii U, or whatever. All the little touches like more money, inventory on pad, all those little touches that will make the game a better experience and uphold the nostalgia for the game by negating slightly niggling things.

Donnie

Octane

Yay, more content locked behind a paywall! But it's an amiibo, so we ought not to complain

Octane

Donnie

@Octane: Ha, I see this point but I guess it depends what the content is. If it's purely orientated around the amiibo & you wouldn't want the amiibo in the first place, it's no loss right? If it's an actual significant addition like a dungeon or something, then that's more up in the air. My guess is it will be something self contained within the area and a similar unlockable area in Zelda Wii U and will be minor but novel. In as positive manner as possible, it's obvious the investment in the actual remastering process has not been as significant as say Wind Waker, so I doubt they went back in and designed anything too significant. I guess something like say, a small cave with a character you speak to, who you will then find in a small cave in Zelda U who will recognise you as the next embodiment of courage to the guy he met in another place, another time because of X thing you carry that he gave that person. A unique cape or brooch or something for example. Scanning the amiibo carries this item over. Maybe as a result you get some extra rupees or something. How would people feel about something like that?

Edited on by Donnie

Donnie

IceClimbers

@Octane: Locking it behind a $13 paywall is certainly better than the paywall of an entire hardware platform that past Zelda games had.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

jump

I wonder if the cave is somekind of teaser for Zelda U? Like cave drawings of the events from the past or a prophecy about the future events.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

Could potentially be that the dungeon is something that was meant to be in the original game but due to development shift to Wii, it got cut.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

So are you guys ready for the massive ****storm that will ensue in the comment section of the article for this?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NinChocolate

Readying my poopstorm comments for the eventual article :]

NinChocolate

jump

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Could potentially be that the dungeon is something that was meant to be in the original game but due to development shift to Wii, it got cut.

I doubt there was any cut dungeons as TP is brimming with them and even includes the cut dungeons from Wind Waker which was a game that should of have then put back in for the remake.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

IceClimbers wrote:

Octane: Locking it behind a $13 paywall is certainly better than the paywall of an entire hardware platform that past Zelda games had.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say. You mean the GBA function in Wind Waker? That was completely optional, there were no extra areas, items or characters locked behind the function.

Octane

Shinion

Oh boy here we go, they've added a substantial amount of content because of the Wolf Link amiibo and ya know what that means right? 300+ people who don't have a clue what they're talking about complaining when Nintendo Life post their article! PAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shinion

Grumblevolcano

@Octane: No, he's talking about the exclusive dungeon in the GBC version of Link's Awakening.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Octane: A remake with an extra dungeon, same here with TPHD (without the amiibo you have the base game that came to GC with minor changes) except instead of a new console having to be bought for the exclusive dungeon there's a much cheaper amiibo (assuming stock levels are plentiful).

Grumblevolcano

Chandlero

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Octane: A remake with an extra dungeon, same here with TPHD (without the amiibo you have the base game that came to GC with minor changes).

Frankly, we actually don't know which changes Nintendo will make with TPHD. I don't think we will see an extra dungeon but there could be more sidequests and more to do in Hyrule City for example. And I hope we will see a Miiverse feature like in TWWHD.

Edited on by Chandlero

Haru17

arronishere wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I doubt there was any cut dungeons as TP is brimming with them and even includes the cut dungeons from Wind Waker which was a game that should of have then put back in for the remake.

Indeed, TP had loads of dungeons. Wind Waker couldn't exactly have had them 'put back in,' though.

But I wonder what the cave is, probably something lame. The hero mode info sounds cool, though. Learning lessons from MM3D (which they should have learned from OoT3D).

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Octane: A remake with an extra dungeon, same here with TPHD (without the amiibo you have the base game that came to GC with minor changes) except instead of a new console having to be bought for the exclusive dungeon there's a much cheaper amiibo (assuming stock levels are plentiful).

I have no interest in amiibo. If they offered this as €5 DLC, everyone would complain, because ''why not include it in the game in the first place?'' But now, when there's a €15 amiibo paywall, it's all fine. I have no interest in amiibo, and buying one is just a waste of plastic and money. €15 for an extra cave is just ridiculous. I didn't mind the amiibo in previous games, because they were just little bonusses or costumes that didn't alter the game in any way. But locking an area behind a paywall is a pretty big deal. At least offer the content as regular DLC if you want to include extra stuff in TPHD (and even then people have the right to complain about it), but don't force people to buy toys they aren't interested in.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii: But back when LADX came out, the GBC was very new so was more a reason to buy the GBC rather than you already having the console and buying the game as just another addition to the library. In contrast, most people who want TPHD already have a Wii U so the buying the console part can be ignored. The real issue comes if Zelda U comes to NX and TPHD content is meaningful in the new game because that is forcing people to buy TPHD and play through the game to complete Zelda U.

Grumblevolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.