Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,801 to 8,820 of 27,917

Randomname19

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

What are your thoughts on Fossil Fighters representation? It's a fairly overlooked franchise, and I feel Smash Bros. would be the perfect opportunity to give it some recognition!

It would be awesome if you could actually play as a dinosaur!

Of course I'm not getting my hopes for that, that may be too much. My best bet for a possible representation would be an assist trophy. Imagine a dinosaur just storming the battlefield attacking your opponents! I hope for at least that!

We already have a dinosaur:Yoshi.I like the idea of an assist trophy thought.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

UGXwolf

I've never been fond of the "there's too many of this kind of character" argument. There are too many spacies, there are too many psychics, there are too many swordsmen, there are too many blue-haired lords, there are way too many Mario characters. Last I checked, the spacies all set themselves apart in stats and meta, the psychics and magic users do not count as the same breed, and even if they do, that's a weak argument, swords are an extremely common weapon choice for protagonists and can be utilized in an impressively large number of styles, making a large number of them only seem natural, and the Mario characters are ALL unique in their own way. Not a single Mario character seems to cover a pre-existing meta, which goes for Rosalina just as much as it does for Mario, Peach, Luigi, Bowser, (and as some people count) Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong. They are all justified in being here and doing this because they are all unique characters with very unique playstyles and they're all important to Nintendo history in one way or another.

My point is, there's no such thing as "too many Kongs" so long as they all set themselves apart in their own unique ways. Dixie Kong could very easily be an entirely unique fighter. I've seriously never understood people arguing that she'd be a Diddy clone, as she isn't even a Diddy copycat in the actual games. The best argument I can actually see against Dixie is her lack of moveset potential, and once again, Sakurai can make a moveset out of anything. Dixie's personality is there. It wouldn't be hard to make a fitting moveset.

THAT SAID, I think K. Rool has an even more fitting moveset potential. Either way, I think it's about time DK got his third rep. Lord knows, he's Nintendo third biggest in-house IP. (Anyone who says "Poke'mon" missed the phrase "in-house" and anyone who says Metroid is kidding themselves. DK is bigger, but the online Metroid fanbase is louder.)

Also congrats to the thread on it's 10,000th post!

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Kewlan

While we're at shenanigans. Take a look at this.
Scroll down and you'll find the silliest discussion of them all.

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AceDefective

Kewlan wrote:

While we're at shenanigans. Take a look at this.
Scroll down and you'll find the silliest discussion of them all.

Most of that argument was completely uncalled for. Though competitive smashers should stop complaining about every game after Melee not being close to it though... Though that mostly the "stop having fun" guys of the community.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

MegaStoneSmash91

Yes, it all leads back to him. Otherwise we'd be just fine.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

2Sang

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

What are your thoughts on Fossil Fighters representation? It's a fairly overlooked franchise, and I feel Smash Bros. would be the perfect opportunity to give it some recognition!

It would be awesome if you could actually play as a dinosaur!
Untitled

Of course I'm not getting my hopes for that, that may be too much. My best bet for a possible representation would be an assist trophy. Imagine a dinosaur just storming the battlefield attacking your opponents! I hope for at least that!

I think that an assist trophy would be cool, but not a character yet, probably by ssb5 they will be important enough. I'm still upset starfy is only an assist.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Azooooz

Too bad that special attacks variations aren't available in With Anyone online mode, but at least they can be used in With Friends mode.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

CaviarMeths

Azooooz wrote:

Too bad that special attacks variations aren't available in With Anyone online mode, but at least they can be used in With Friends mode.

Yeah, makes sense though. Sakurai is right. Knowing your opponent's character is as important as knowing your own when developing strategy. With custom move sets in With Anyone, you can't do that effectively.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DefHalan

Azooooz wrote:

I don't think I will ever use that feature now. If I can only use it in local and friend matches I don't want to get use to something I can't use everywhere, especially with how competitive my brother gets in Smash

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jazzer94

The Cap will return I guarantee it, we need a better quality version of this gif.
Untitled

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

KO-Cub

Jazzer94 wrote:

The Cap will return I guarantee it, we need a better quality version of this gif.
Untitled

Hadron Collider at it's finest.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Jazzer94

Azooooz wrote:

The would be to imbalanced online if special moves were allowed for anyone online though they could have made a specific mode for it (but I doubt that its popularity would last long).

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

theblackdragon

Hey guys, y'all may have noticed i've cleaned up a bit — i can delete all of a spammer or troll's posts in one click. i have to go down the line and delete the rest of your responses to them one by one. Next time he shows up, please just report him and continue the discussion as if he's not here, and i'll take care of the rest when i have the chance, i promise. thanks in advance! :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Guess I'll go ahead and delete my last post since he's gone now.
In other news, I thought Fossil Fighters were third party. xD

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DreamyViridi

On the topic of the customisation, I rather like that they're only for friends. Whenever I fight With Anyone, I'd like to know what I'm potentially up against and the customised Specials may take away from that plus the lack of customisation and sticking with the defaults will allow fair games (as fair as Smash can get anyway) as everyone knows each other's attacks. Playing with Friends is a different story since, outside of organised tourney fights, matches are all in good fun and the variations in moves may even result in some hilarity because it's with people you know.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

LzWinky

I am really excited for Smash

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CaviarMeths

I hope Pikachu's A button spam doesn't get nerfed too much. It was OP for Metaknight, but for the little yellow guy, it was pretty much required to keep up with stronger characters.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Jazzer94

I'm actually getting quite hyped for the 3DS version just because of the ability to play it anywhere.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Shirma_Akayaku

I hope that when the 3DS version comes out, the 3DS thread for this game goes booming like crazy.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic