Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,041 to 5,060 of 27,917

SG9000

UGXwolf wrote:

Actually, Peach and Rosalina are slow as all hell. Peach can save your donkey with that float and Rosalina does have a double jump, but Weege has always been the most OP, IMO.

Speed and Overpowerfulness are two different things.... As you mentionned, they ARE slow, but have many aerial strategies, something Luigi doesn't fully use......

Anyway, let's just fet back to topic.......

Which SSB veteran would like to see come back? (except Yoshi!!!)

Edited on by SG9000

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

Pit-Stain

@SG9000 I'd like Lucas to return. We finally got another MOTHER rep.

Pit-Stain

DefHalan

I wouldn't mind Ike coming back. I hope either 1 star fox character gets canned or gets replaced with Crystal. I feel Fox and Falco are too similar, even Wolf is extremely similar. I think Crystal could be very different than past characters

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Uncle_Franklin

Anticipation for this game is reaching unbearable levels.

Uncle_Franklin

UGXwolf

SG9000 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Actually, Peach and Rosalina are slow as all hell. Peach can save your donkey with that float and Rosalina does have a double jump, but Weege has always been the most OP, IMO.

Speed and Overpowerfulness are two different things.... As you mentionned, they ARE slow, but have many aerial strategies, something Luigi doesn't fully use......

Anyway, let's just fet back to topic.......

Which SSB veteran would like to see come back? (except Yoshi!!!)

1) Slowness will ruin you, on some courses, ESPECIALLY the later ones.

2) Wolf. Obv.

I wouldn't mind Ike coming back. I hope either 1 star fox character gets canned or gets replaced with Crystal. I feel Fox and Falco are too similar, even Wolf is extremely similar. I think Crystal could be very different than past characters

You know, people keep saying that, but Wolf really isn't that similar to Fox, aside from his specials acting in a vaguely similar fashion and his Final Smash being a bigger, stronger, not-as-long-lasting, Landmaster. His melees wouldn't work at all for Fox's meta, and his specials are useful in very different ways. His side-B, especially, is good for defeating most weaker edge-guards, and his up-special is great for damage and knockback, as opposed to recovery. I admit, I'd have to look it up to know the difference between reflectors, but even Wolf's standard wouldn't work for Fox's meta in the least. It's meant to do damage and be hard to avoid, as well as to get opponents off of you, if them being close DOESN'T work for you. That said, this is rare, because Wolf's moveset shines with his melees, and even some of his aerials. Most of his moves are either knockout moves or set up a juggle. Even then, some are just there to do damage. Fox, on the other hand, relatively only gets close when it's time to KO, typically.

Basically, what I'm trying to get across is that calling Wolf a clone of Fox is insulting to Wolf players. Since the meta doesn't match, most Wolf players can barely play Fox, at all. That said, saying Wolf isn't a clone isn't really true, either, as he's cast from the same mold. Thus we call him a semi-clone. Sorry, this is just the debate that really ticks me. Being a Wolf main makes me really jump into the argument, when he gets called a Fox clone.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MegaStoneSmash91

@DefHalan Wolf is extremely similar to Fox? Aside from special moves and Final Smash, no. Almost all his other moves look and operate differently. He's also a bit heavier than Fox and Falco. Really, he just barely grabs his status as a semi-clone, and that's only because of the aforementioned Specials and Final Smash. If those were different, I doubt anyone would be saying he's similar, or that he's a clone. As for Krystal, I'd like to see her on the roster as more female representation, and she could probably have an interesting moveset. But four Star Fox characters is a bit much. One would have to go, as you said. Falco has basically secured his place in Smash Bros. by now, but he'd be my first choice to go. Wolf on the other hand, is a villain, which are somewhat lacking in Smash Bros. He, Krystal, and Fox would round out the series nicely and could all be totally unique characters.

As for a veteran I'd like to see, I'd have to go with Wario even though his inclusion is pretty much guaranteed. Ike would also be a welcome return, and I wouldn't mind seeing Snake again.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

As for Krystal, I'd like to see her on the roster as more female representation, and she could probably have an interesting moveset. But four Star Fox characters is a bit much. One would have to go, as you said. Falco has basically secured his place in Smash Bros. by now, but he'd be my first choice to go. Wolf on the other hand, is a villain, which are somewhat lacking in Smash Bros. He, Krystal, and Fox would round out the series nicely and could all be totally unique characters.

It's actually funny you bring this up. I've been noticing a pattern with most of the franchises in Smash. You first addition is the hero, second is a sidekick, third is a villain, and fourth is a love interest. How do we know? Any case where there's only been one character, that character was the hero (DK in Smash 64/Melee, Pit in Brawl, so on, so forth). Any case with two has been a hero and a sidekick (Mario and Luigi, in Smash 64/Melee, or DK and Diddy, in Brawl.). If there's a third, it's often a villain (This has only been seen in Brawl with Wolf and King DeDeDe.) And if there's a fourth, one of them is a girl and a princess, no less. (Peach and Zelda, obv.)

Now, this has faltered on a few occasions. Poke'mon is the most obvious, as it went with the Mascot first, and the Hero was actually the fourth character, but as it's an RPG with a nameless character, this break from rules is almost necessary. Metaknight could also hardly be called a sidekick or a villain, as he changes from game to game. He's more of an Anti-hero, I guess. And Fire Emblem is just pulling main characters, as it's FF-style in that it has a whole new cast in just about every game.

My point, however, is that the spacies actually fit the mold perfectly, so far. Fox (Hero), Falco (Sidekick), Wolf (Villain... kinda...), and.... KRYSTAL! For this reason, I don't see Krystal replacing either Wolf OR Falco, but if she's joining, she'll be the fourth spacie (I hope.) Of course, this is all speculation and theories based on pattern recognition with faults. Sakurai can break the mold on me any time he pleases.

Pootypie

If Ike and ROB comes back, I will be really happy. Mario, Ike and ROB are my 3 mains.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

TheGreatGamer wrote:

If Ike and ROB comes back, I will be really happy. Mario, Ike and ROB are my 3 mains.

I still maintain that Ike and ROB are the two most likely characters to get cut, at his point.

Pootypie

UGXwolf wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

I still maintain that Ike and ROB are the two most likely characters to get cut, at his point.

Sadly, I feel like ROB might not come back. Ike has a higher chance of coming back than ROB. I would love it if ROB comes back though, he's my best Smash character.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MegaStoneSmash91

@UGXwolf Sound reasoning. You basically summed up how I feel about the Star Fox representation at the end. I'd love to have all four, but IF one of the characters gets the boot, my choice would be Falco. The sidekick notion does come into play with him, but I feel out of the four he has the least unique/interesting thing to offer. I'm all in favor of him coming back, of course, it's just that "if" scenario that changes anything. New representatives from a series that are added on to the existing ones is a good thing. Nobody leaves, the group gets bigger (and most likely better).

I also hope R.O.B. makes it back. He's a fun character. If the Ice Climbers could stick around for more than one game, I don't see why R.O.B. couldn't. He technically has more games than the Ice Climbers as well, and he is also a retro representative much like the Ice Climbers themselves or Mr. Game & Watch.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Pit-Stain

Is the release date of Yoshi's New Island confirmed in Japan?

Pit-Stain

Blast

Peach is my main I plan on practicing with every character though!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SG9000

Pit-Stain wrote:

@SG9000 I'd like Lucas to return. We finally got another MOTHER rep.

I believe Lucas is the least likely character of them all, because he never appeared in a game outside of Japan (excoet Brawl)

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

Nintendaholic

Falco is very different from Fox. Falcos reflector sends the opponent straight up while fox sends them to the side which is very useful for starting a combo. Falco is slightly slower. Falco has the best spike in the game which is his down aerial, which fox doesnt have. they both have different lasers too.

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

Tsuchinoko

Pit-Stain wrote:

Is the release date of Yoshi's New Island confirmed in Japan?

Unfortunately no, and im a bit ticked off about that.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Snagrio

I don't understand why everyone thinks ROB won't return. He isn't a clone by any sense of the word, has a unique moveset, is a retro along the same line as Mr. Game & Watch, is the sole rep of his franchise (if you can even call Nintendo accessories a franchise, but I digress), and, until Mega Man showed up, was the only pure robotic character in the roster.

The only reason I can think of was the huge backlash there was during his initial reveal.

As for Ike, I'm mixed about him. I do believe he will come back, but it all depends on how many others are added besides Marth (like Chrom and/or if Roy returns). But on the other hand, if Toon Link, freaking TOON LINK, who by all intents and purposes is, in fact, a clone (don't deny this; he is and you all know it to be true) managed to come back, it seems the odds of the whole Brawl cast coming back unscathed looks more likely then initially thought.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

MrWalkieTalkie

Yeah, ROB will return! I don't get why so many people are dead set on making sure he doesn't come back. He was a very unique character with a very well rounded moveset. He's awesome and he ain't going anywhere.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

19Robb92

R.O.B has to return. He's my main in SSBB.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic