Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,161 to 22,180 of 27,917

Azooooz

I've just received the Nintendo branded Gamecube controller adapter from Play-Asia, and I got to say, it felt awkward when playing with Gamecube controller after getting used to Wii U Pro controller, but I'll get used to it.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Azooooz

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai still has shoulder issues according to Famitsu:

“I still have trouble with my shoulder and the symptoms of tenosynovitis still remain, so I’m forced to use a special mouse that clicks by inclining for work. If I was to button mash, my arm would give out in 10 minutes.”

It's Nintendo's fault that they keep pressuring this man to the point that his shoulder is not recovering.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

jump

Azooooz wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

“I still have trouble with my shoulder and the symptoms of tenosynovitis still remain, so I’m forced to use a special mouse that clicks by inclining for work. If I was to button mash, my arm would give out in 10 minutes.”

It's Nintendo's fault that they keep pressuring this man to the point that his shoulder is not recovering.

Is there any real evidence of that happening?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

Azooooz wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

It's very sad that Nintendo is doing this, Sakurai should've been given a break after Smash had been completed until he had recovered. This treatment also makes me think we're in for an extremely bare new game lineup post-Splatoon (or post-Yoshi in the case of Europe), nevertheless I don't agree with it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

It's very sad that Nintendo is doing this, Sakurai should've been given a break after Smash had been completed until he had recovered. This treatment also makes me think we're in for an extremely bare new game lineup post-Splatoon (or post-Yoshi in the case of Europe), nevertheless I don't agree with it.

I think it was Sakurai's choice to continue on this.

@Sakurai how's your shoulders going man? You need a vacation.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Jazzer94

A lot of you act as if it is just Sakurai is making the entire game which I find disrespects all the other hard working developers.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MsJubilee

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai how's your shoulders going man? You need a vacation.

You do know you just wrote that message to a user right?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MsJubilee

NintyMan wrote:

It's been a good year since Sakurai injured his shoulder. I pity the man. But the fact that he's making more DLC tells me that he doesn't care all that much or else he would have refused to work more. This is surprising considering how wary he was with the idea of DLC after the games released.

It shows he truly cares for us.Oh my heart is melting!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Pootypie

TwilightAngel wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai how's your shoulders going man? You need a vacation.

You do know you just wrote that message to a user right?

That's the point...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

I don't know how this even remotely pounts to a software drought, but it definitely worries me. Anyone else think this may not just be Sakurai's last Smash, but his last game? I think he realizes that his methids for game development are catching up to him and he can't work as much on a game as he wants to, anymore. The poir guy may have just had it, already. Maybe the reason he's doing so much for this version is because he wants to go out having made the best Smash he could've possibly made.

And on that note, does that sound familiar to anyone? It should if you've been following Zelda U. What if Sakurai isn't the only developer taking a massive step back after this generation? Next generation would be very scary.

But dramatics aside, this really seems unlikely. Sakurai probably is taking a break after finishig Smash, and Aonuma is only 53. He shows no signs of stopping so soon. Amd even if the major devs from the old days of Nintendo were to take a step back, who's to say they wouldn't do what Miyamoto is doing: working on games on their own time and getting a team only when their games are ready. Imagine what Nintendo could do with their in-house teams if they had yesterday's major devs working on their own, leaving the teams mostly open.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

NintendoFan64

If I ever see Sakurai in real life, I'd probably hug him. He really deserves one. I mean, he's doing all of this work just to make everyone happy. Hope your shoulders get better, man.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

cookiex

Jazzer94 wrote:

A lot of you act as if it is just Sakurai is making the entire game which I find disrespects all the other hard working developers.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

TuVictus

cookiex wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

TuVictus

Joeynator3000

Yeah, Namco is just sitting there...you know, like they always do.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Inkling

Jazzer94 wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Justlink

Inkling wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

But Sakurai words it so sometimes it makes me feel he does most of it

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

UGXwolf

Oh, I'm aware Sakurai isn't working alone, but he's the kind of guy that always acts like he is. He prefers to handle every aspect of development himself and refuses ti let things happen when he isn't there to micromanage them.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic