Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,561 to 21,580 of 27,917

Rexcalibr

Tarrazu wrote:

Plateface wrote:

Tarrazu wrote:

I don't understand why people think Rosalina is cheap. Diddy, I can understand, but not Rosalina. Granted, I haven't played as Rosalina much, nor have I played against many Rosalinas, so I could simply be missing something.

Up air.

Kind of expected that. I don't know much about Rosalina's uair, other than that it's disjointed and has quite a bit of range. Is the knockback powerful?

Rosalina is a nightmare. It's basically like fighting two people at the same time. She's so large and trying to get close to her is hard because Luma is always in the way. The only time I can get a good hit on her is if Luma has fallen away, and even then, he will come back within a few seconds. I know this was patched and he doesn't recover as quickly as he used to but I still think it should take like 15 seconds or so until he can come back.

Diddy is also very annoying but I'd rather deal with him than Rosalina.

Rexcalibr

Captain_Toad

NL has spoken!
Which is more annoying to deal with: Diddy or Rosalina?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

MsJubilee

UGXwolf wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

I don't find Rosalina broken... I just find her attacks... fast? It's like rock paper scissors when attacking her and she always wins. Not to mention, as someone said, her U-air.
How do I deal with Yoshi? His dash grabs and dash f-A's annoy me to death...

Expect it. Yoshi's fair is good, but he's got major limits to his aerial effectiveness. You're far better off trying to recover from below the stage than trying to get back on directly. As for his dash grab, just be aware that he's gonna do that when he's running at you. Spot dodge or get in the air. If you can jump over it and down air him, that'll do the trick pretty well. Personally, I find Yoshi's egg snipes to be far more annoying.

So no one has a problem with Yoshi's flutter kick down attack besides me?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DefHalan

I couldn't help but think of Diddy Kong when watching this episode of Extra Credits

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Rexcalibr

I have ordered a GC adapter and controller but haven't got it in the mail yet. Can anyone tell me, does it feel like there is more of an input lag when playing online compared to other Wii U controllers?

So far, I feel like the 3DS has the best input in the controls as long as you have a good connection.

Rexcalibr

StarDust4Ever

Guys can somebody help me? I've created a custom stage but the music track I selected sucked. Is there a way to change the music track without starting over from scratch? Stage Builder is half broken in this game thanks.

StarDust4Ever

Nintendo Network ID: StarDust4Ever

NintendoFan64

StarDust4Ever wrote:

Guys can somebody help me? I've created a custom stage but the music track I selected sucked. Is there a way to change the music track without starting over from scratch? Stage Builder is half broken in this game thanks.

Yes. Just choose to edit the stage, and go to when you name it. You can change the music track there.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Nintendo6400

In my opinion the cheapest characters are diddy, rosaluma, and yoshi.

Rosaluma is hard to punish and she has a lot of range.
Yoshi has like no landing lag and his up b jump should only happen once.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Tsuchinoko

Jazzer94 wrote:

@Tsuchinoko Even though I wasn't a person dismissing Zelda I want to fight you some time as you seem confident in your ability.

I would love to, but since there is no cross-region play it might be difficult.

@tarrazu Im curious about your Zelda strategy.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Tsuchinoko

Tarrazu wrote:

@Tsuchinoko - I can play right now if you'd like. Just @tag me if you decide you want to play.

It's difficult to write out my Zelda strategy since I'm not entirely sure what my strategy is, but I usually use dthrow to nair strings until my opponent is at kill percentage, then I bait an attack and punish with a Farore's Wind ladder kill.

Oh that ladder is is an amazing move.

Im in Japan. Do you have the Japanese version of the game?

Tsuchinoko

Tarrazu wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Tarrazu wrote:

@Tsuchinoko - I can play right now if you'd like. Just @tag me if you decide you want to play.

It's difficult to write out my Zelda strategy since I'm not entirely sure what my strategy is, but I usually use dthrow to nair strings until my opponent is at kill percentage, then I bait an attack and punish with a Farore's Wind ladder kill.

Oh that ladder is is an amazing move.

Im in Japan. Do you have the Japanese version of the game?

No, though I'm quite certain Smash supports cross-region play over WiFi, since I've played against many Japanese players on For Glory.

Yeah, I love getting ladder kills. I end up missing them most of the time though LOL

Oh really? I had no idea. I can't play right now but I might be able to tomorrow or the day after.

Blast

Nintendo6400 wrote:

In my opinion the cheapest characters are diddy, rosaluma, and yoshi.

Rosaluma is hard to punish and she has a lot of range.
Yoshi has like no landing lag and his up b jump should only happen once.

Ehhh... Throw in Bowser, Link and Zero Suit Samus too.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Storytime7

Captain_Toad wrote:

NL has spoken!

Neither. Diddy is predictable, and Rosalina is floaty. They're both some of the better characters in the game, but good players shouldn't lose to mediocre players that use them for easy wins (read: people who don't actually main them).

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Grumblevolcano

Storytime7 wrote:

Captain_Toad wrote:

NL has spoken!

Neither. Diddy is predictable, and Rosalina is floaty. They're both some of the better characters in the game, but good players shouldn't lose to mediocre players that use them for easy wins (read: people who don't actually main them).

I agree especially as neither character has some kind of move that gets you infinitely trapped like Little Mac's neutral A.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

Personally, I've found Ike to be amazingly effective against Rosaluma (go figure). His high launching power nearly OHKO's Luma in most likely situations. (Rosaluma's tend to stay near the ledge in this scenario, hoping to take advantage of Ike's dismal air game.) After that, Rosie tends to be in a bit of a pickle.

Link is only cheap when lag is present. A clever Link will know how to switch up projectiles and close-range to keep their opponent on their toes. Bombs are amazingly useful in a lot of situations and those smashes are ALL deadly. But no single thing on him is OP or particularly cheap. Annoying, potentially. Cheap? No.

Yoshi is a rather amusing dilemma of an opponent, since his air game is great, but his recovery is all kinds of pathetic. Yoshi's can be very annoying, but I wouldn't really call them "cheap." (They do represent a wonderful FOO strategy for this game, vaulting off of the video someone posed earlier.) Yoshi gets punished easily and can't really compete with most ranged characters from a distance or most close-range characters up close. Yoshi's also easy to punish, (just don't let that full down-air get you or that hard work will be for nothing.) so just keep an eye on him, play it safe, and make him regret everything he does. (Also, you're complaining about the VERY minimal upwards movement he gets from his up-B? It gives him an effective fourth and fifth jump, sure, but really only the first one is even worth all that much.)

Bowser is a similar case. He's very powerful, and if left unattended in an FfA, he can do some SERIOUS damage, but... he's slow... and reads easier than a 3rd grade textbook... and has so much recovery lag, he makes Wolf look fast. Seriously, most of Bowser's "good" moves can get punished by even the newest of players, if they read the pattern. They even nerfed his suicide to keep it from granting him victory.

As for Zero Suit, yeah, I think she does the all-rounder thing a bit TOO well. She's not exactly an EASY character to play as, but she's a bit TOO easy for how good she can be. And Diddy... Diddy's just plain annoying. All around. I'm sure we'll develop counter strategies over time, but for now, he's just so ridiculous.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

Captain_Toad wrote:

NL has spoken!

I agree especially as neither character has some kind of move that gets you infinitely trapped like Little Mac's neutral A.

You... you are aware you can DI out of that... right?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Kai_

Tarrazu wrote:

I've found recently that you can get a back air off of a down throw if you maneuver quick enough, mostly only works at low percentages though, but it's a good damage builder.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

MsJubilee

UGXwolf wrote:

Personally, I've found Ike to be amazingly effective against Rosaluma (go figure)

So this means you Like Ike? But like all heavy fighter it all depends if you actually get near them and not have your opponent jump around like an annoying crazy person.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DefHalan

What if Smash Tournaments were separated into weight classes? Each character would be placed in one of five weight classes. Just for example:
Heavy - DK, Bowser
Mid-Heavy - Ike
Mid - Link, Mario
Light-Mid - Yoshi
Light - Diddy, Shiek

I think at first people would gravitate to Light class (mainly for Diddy) but the multiple weight classes could add variety while still allowing for All-Class tournaments. Just a thought.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

veeflames

I fing Yoshis to be very frustrating. Eggs, the range of his grabs(if he is running) and the range of his dash A's(I could D-dodge, but it's still annoying).
Rosalina? The one thing I hate when attacking her is if the Luma alone receives the brunt of your attacks, if not all, amd her up air. Her up air's devilish.
Diddy Kong? TBF, I haven't met many GOOD Diddys, so yeah, I can manage.
Mega Man? Spamming time. Enough said.
Link? He can zone really well with his projectiles, but otherwise I can manage with him, too.
Bottom line, Yoshis are ridiculous... to me, that is. X(

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic