Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,441 to 21,460 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

TeeJay wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

http://m.imgur.com/3EocgAJ

Very interesting "leak".

Imagine if they did release DLC that way though, in installments.

I'm sorry, but Young Link can't possibly be a Smash character anymore because of Toon Link, right?
My brother would love to see Lucas make a return as he was a Lucas main. Not keeping my hopes high at all for any "leak."

Gonna be honest, personally I would love to have the option to play as Young Link. I didn't have much time with Melee for various reasons but here was my most used character. That being said realistically, Toon Link makes this leak an obvious fake.

I don't think that's why it's an obvious fake but rather that it's a website leak. I wouldn't expect Mewtwo to function exactly how he did in Melee so they could do the same with Young Link and take some inspiration from Majora's Mask (3D) like Koei Tecmo did for Hyrule Warriors.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

Grumblevolcano wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

http://m.imgur.com/3EocgAJ

Very interesting "leak".

Imagine if they did release DLC that way though, in installments.

I'm sorry, but Young Link can't possibly be a Smash character anymore because of Toon Link, right?
My brother would love to see Lucas make a return as he was a Lucas main. Not keeping my hopes high at all for any "leak."

Gonna be honest, personally I would love to have the option to play as Young Link. I didn't have much time with Melee for various reasons but here was my most used character. That being said realistically, Toon Link makes this leak an obvious fake.

I don't think that's why it's an obvious fake but rather that it's a website leak. I wouldn't expect Mewtwo to function exactly how he did in Melee so they could do the same with Young Link and take some inspiration from Majora's Mask (3D) like Koei Tecmo did for Hyrule Warriors.

Yeah, it's the part about it being a website leak that makes it fake. Sucks that it is, but oh well.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

TeeJay

Ah well...like I said before while I would love for us to get Young Link as DLC but the fact that there are already 2 Links in the game kind of diminishes the chances of that to nil.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Rexcalibr

Poketendo wrote:

Funny how little Wii Fit Trainer there is, considering she's my main (along with Robin and Rosalina & Luma). I play with many different characters online, but she's one of my best. I'll admit I may use the Sun Salutation a little too often, but it's nowhere near spamming I believe.

I use her in casual multiplayer matches but nobody uses her in 1on1 For Glory because she just can't compete with most of the roster.

Rexcalibr

MsJubilee

Rexcalibr wrote:

Poketendo wrote:

Funny how little Wii Fit Trainer there is, considering she's my main (along with Robin and Rosalina & Luma). I play with many different characters online, but she's one of my best. I'll admit I may use the Sun Salutation a little too often, but it's nowhere near spamming I believe.

I use her in casual multiplayer matches but nobody uses her in 1on1 For Glory because she just can't compete with most of the roster.

Can't compete with the rest of the roster?All the characters in the game can compete,but it all depends on who uses them.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Rexcalibr

I can honestly say, after playing this for months, the only character I can actually play decent with and have a good chance of winning is Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings. They're the only characters I can actually understand how to move around with and have good mobility and strategy. Everyone else is extremely awkward to use and when I play with them in 1on1, it ends up being a roll contest until someone gets their "gotcha!" moment with a grab. I also never understood how to dodge or air dodge properly in this game so I don't even bother with it.

Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

midnafanboy wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

Poketendo wrote:

Can't compete with the rest of the roster?All the characters in the game can compete,but it all depends on who uses them.

That's true to an extent.

Rexcalibr

MsJubilee

Rexcalibr wrote:

I can honestly say, after playing this for months, the only character I can actually play decent with and have a good chance of winning is Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings. They're the only characters I can actually understand how to move around with and have good mobility and strategy. Everyone else is extremely awkward to use and when I play with them in 1on1, it ends up being a roll contest until someone gets their "gotcha!" moment with a grab. I also never understood how to dodge or air dodge properly in this game so I don't even bother with it.

I would love to know how to use the Koopalings,but i tried one of them once.Wow!It did not end well.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Grumblevolcano

I went back to try and get Classic 9.0 with no lives lost. While I did still fail, I got very close with Roy as his recovery + side A are extremely powerful.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MsJubilee

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I went back to try and get Classic 9.0 with no lives lost. While I did still fail, I got very close with Roy as his recovery + side A are extremely powerful.

Roy?What in gods are you talking about he's only playable in Melee silly.

Edited on by MsJubilee

TeeJay

midnafanboy wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Roy, the koopaling.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MsJubilee

TeeJay wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Roy, the koopaling.

Teejay i know it was a joke.Oh you disappoint me brother.

Edited on by MsJubilee

ZanderShepherd

Rexcalibr wrote:

Poketendo wrote:

Really? You think so? I disagree. Her Sun Salutation is a great move, the Soccer Ball is great to distract your opponent somewhat while you try to recover, her recovery is very good, her smashes are decent, her Deep Breathing allows for some extra power when needed, her throws are decent and allow for either combos or room to use Sun Salutation or Deep Breathing, her aireals are great (especially her up-air) and especially her forward tilt is an amazing move. It's quick, hits on both sides, which allows for multiple followups, and it's both a damage racker and kill move when powered with Deep Breathing.
I'll admit she has some shortcomings in terms of approach and reach, but still, I find her to be a very good character, and I win a lot with her, but that's just me.

ZanderShepherd

MsJubilee

Poketendo wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

Poketendo wrote:

Really? You think so? I disagree. Her Sun Salutation is a great move, the Soccer Ball is great to distract your opponent somewhat while you try to recover, her recovery is very good, her smashes are decent, her Deep Breathing allows for some extra power when needed, her throws are decent and allow for either combos or room to use Sun Salutation or Deep Breathing, her aireals are great (especially her up-air) and especially her forward tilt is an amazing move. It's quick, hits on both sides, which allows for multiple followups, and it's both a damage racker and kill move when powered with Deep Breathing.
I'll admit she has some shortcomings in terms of approach and reach, but still, I find her to be a very good character, and I win a lot with her, but that's just me.

It sounds like you know what you're doing with Wii fit trainer,that's great!Props

Toms_Den

I gotta admit that trying to beat the events on hard mode are absolutely killing me. XP From using a gravity-heavy Zero Suit Samus to beat Rosalina and Luma to facing off against two Bowsers and two Ganondorfs with just Rosalina and Luma...I absolutely love the opportunity to get to know these characters more, though, and the challenge is so excellent! I had such a hard time beating Lucina on hard mode as Marth, but I feel like I'm much better overall with the two characters now. It's funny how much fun I had looking back, yet how angry I was actually playing it I'm really loving the game on Wii U and sort of wish that the 3DS version had event battles too. Strange that it doesn't... Although I tend to wish that the Wii U version had Smash Run, so it all balances out, I guess.

Edited on by Toms_Den

I'm an otaku, Nintendo gamer, and Sonic fan!
Currently playing Yoshi's WW, PjtXZone, AC:NL, & Sonic Unleashed HD.
Currently watching Kuroko's B-ball, Gintama, and Ushio&Tora.
I like to have fun on social media and on other online communities! See the website link on m...

Nintendo Network ID: sonicriders02 | Twitter:

Rexcalibr

Poketendo wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

Poketendo wrote:

So why is she always at the very bottom of tier lists?

I like her as a character but she's just very lacking compared to a lot of the characters. He down smash has no reach, her forward smash will completely miss some of the shorter characters like Kirby, and her moveset isn't anything remarkable.

Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

My biggest problem with this game is how imbalanced the roster is. I still enjoy it but take a character like Wario or Rosalina. They are so above everyone else while others like Wii Fit trainer or Ike require extreme precision and calculated dodging, rolling and spacing to compete against them. Wario just relentlessly spam his motorcycle with very little room for punishment. You can make the same argument for Falcon and Zero Suit Samus. They're so fast and hit extremely hard that someone like Wii Fit Trainer, who is of average speed can really not stand a chance.

I feel like 5-7 characters on the roster are extremely good while everyone else is just average to poor. I don't see this kind of imbalance in other fighting games like I do with Smash Bros.

Rexcalibr

IceClimbers

@Rexcalibr Actually this is probably the most balanced Smash game (not counting PM). Any of the characters can be used effectively if you know how to use them. 64, Melee, and Brawl all suffer because a select 4-5 characters are clear cut above the rest, with each game having 1 character in particular that's rather broken (Pikachu in 64, Fox in Melee, and Meta Knight in Brawl).

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MsJubilee

Why do people care about the tier list?It's very annoying cause people just look at the lowest tier in the list and call's them pathetic and never uses them.It drives me insane that's why i only use low tiers,cause they need some love.

Rexcalibr wrote:

My biggest problem with this game is how imbalanced the roster is.

Why is it unbalanced?Cause you know how to use Rosalina but you don't know a damn thing about Wii fit trainer?

Edited on by MsJubilee

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic