Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,221 to 20,240 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

I was thinking about Mewtwo and well of course its final smash will be Mega Mewtwo but there are two forms (X and Y). Which would you prefer they choose and do you think choosing Mega Charizard X over Mega Charizard Y was a good choice?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

WEWT! NO-LIFER CHALLENGE CLEAR! 140/140 SMASH WII U COMPLETE! Oh, MAN the cathartic release I got when clearing that one! After that challenge, I SERIOUSLY needed to wail on the Master Core for a bit. So what did I win? 2mil Gold... Dammit, game. What am I gonna do with all this gold? I mean, I'm only missing two trophies. There's not much more I can get out of this.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TeeJay

Dammit, no matter how I try I can't Youtube anything. I had it once and now I forgot how again.

That's the sudden death match I was talking about btw, if anyone was listening to me last time. Idk. Yeah I actually filmed it with my phone and uploaded it to my Youtube channel I never use.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

veeflames

Name That Super Smash Bros. Character!: http://youtu.be/vaO2WIUGUSA
Just something I found while scrolling around on YouTube. Really funny

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

LaserdiscGal

So I've been playing the game for awhile now, and there is one giant thing that really annoys me.

I can't use the touch screen on the Gamepad!!!!

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

veeflames

Pokefraker wrote:

So I've been playing the game for awhile now, and there is one giant thing that really annoys me.

I can't use the touch screen on the Gamepad!!!!

yes, this! It seems so unnatural. It just doesn't make sense...

God first.

NintendoFan64

VolcanoFlamesNL wrote:

Name That Super Smash Bros. Character!: http://youtu.be/vaO2WIUGUSA
Just something I found while scrolling around on YouTube. Really funny

Ganondorf=Irish Dude. That's how I'm gonna refer to him from now on.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Joeynator3000

has a Link Amiibo now owo
Dunno if I'll record another video or not, long day, feeling "bleh" so, yeah.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Pootypie

UGXwolf wrote:

WEWT! NO-LIFER CHALLENGE CLEAR! 140/140 SMASH WII U COMPLETE! Oh, MAN the cathartic release I got when clearing that one! After that challenge, I SERIOUSLY needed to wail on the Master Core for a bit. So what did I win? 2mil Gold... Dammit, game. What am I gonna do with all this gold? I mean, I'm only missing two trophies. There's not much more I can get out of this.

How did you do it? I don't think you can do much out of classic or all star once you complete the game. Only for records I guess... Or maybe just to get equipments. Smash is the main part of the game anyways and that's the most fun part too, so it wouldn't bother me much.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

KO-Cub

midnafanboy wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

If that isn't what you meant then sorry but that is how I understood it.

I was basically making the same point as Jazzer94 by saying that it doesn't mean Diddy isn't OP just because someone can beat others who use him. I don't think Diddy is OP, just annoying to fight.

Just like Toon Link,Link,Robin are annoying to fight.

Toon Link and Link I guess. Projectile spam and then when you try to get close from above, they Up or Down Smash. Not hard to beat when you find a rhythm. As for Robin. Ha! Barely. Unless they really know how to use Robin and I mean by using Down Special effectively then you got challenge.
The only character I find annoying to a point is Ness. Side Special > Grab > Jump > F-Air number of times > Repeat.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Joeynator3000

uses customizations and goes Classic 9.0...still fails miserably Ugh, I give up. >_>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

CapeSmash

I beat Classic on 9.0 with Dr. Mario and no customizations on Wii U. Same goes with 3DS, but I cleared 9.0 with a lot more characters on that version.

9.0 is challenging, but not that hard IMO.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

TeeJay

Gonna guess no one looked at my video then

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

CapeSmash

TeeJay wrote:

Untitled

Smash Mains:

veeflames

TeeJay wrote:

YouTube says your video is private, so no, I haven't watched it.

God first.

TeeJay

CapeSmash wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Untitled

Pfffhahaha, well that would explain it.

I never use my channel to upload videos really so I didn't know.

Ok um how do I make it public lemmee see here

EDIT: And done. Try again

Edited on by TeeJay

KO-Cub

Just found out that Diddy equipped with the Screw Badge can KO Kirby from 0%. So Diddy can be OP with items on, too. XD

CapeSmash

"Sakurai: If people want to play seriously 1v1, they should do that, and if people simply want to enjoy the game, they should do so. There might even be people who only like to play with their amiibo. I think it's good that there are so many different ways to enjoy this game."

Now those moronic elitists that say there is only one way to play Smash can go suck it.

"Sakurai: If you play Smash Brothers seriously as a competitive game, the game itself has no future."

WTF are you talking about?

"Sakurai: If I wanted to, I'm sure I could make a more hardcore Smash Brothers game. I could make the game speed much faster, increase the number of inputs...but then, beginners would no longer be able to play the game."

Okay, then explain Melee...

Read more of the interview here: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2qvwwp/really_long...

Smash Mains:

UGXwolf

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

How did you do it? I don't think you can do much out of classic or all star once you complete the game. Only for records I guess... Or maybe just to get equipments. Smash is the main part of the game anyways and that's the most fun part too, so it wouldn't bother me much.

Ganondorf with really high defense and fairly high attack. No need for speed, he's still plenty fast enough to clear Master Fortress and the CPUs will eventually lay off, unlike human opponents. Specials are set to Warlock Thrust (the quick, explosive one), Flame Assault (super OP in Classic, rushes forward like flame choke, but strikes multiple times along the way with knockback, instead of grab), Dark Fists (like Dark Dive, but more of an uppercut. Great kill move with little other potential), and Wizard's dropkick (more lateral in the air, short hops, first, when on the ground, not as strong, but still satisfying). You basically need to pay close attention to items for rounds 1-5, and get really good RNG. Round 6, you can spam Flame Assault and it's an insta-kill against the Miis. As for Master Core:

-Master Hand: Start off by watching Master Hand. He'll usually either try to snap (air dodge it) or slap (shield) Then you wanna go to the right and deliever three up-smashes as quickly as you can manage. In my run, he used a snap and it hit me in the air, so I finished this round at about 10% damage.

-Master Giant: Watch his intro animation, and try to time a fully-charged smash attack for when he's first vulnerable. Better late than early! He has a number of moves. He often tries to slash across the screen. The first attack does nothing. After he does that, jump up and air dodge because this goes through shields. He has a red arms attack. I haven't seen him do this early enough to be a threat, but if he does, try to stay towards the right of the stage and jump over the one that passes by, then run to the left and whack him once or twice. The one where he opens a face vortex and tries to crush you inside is annoying. You wanna time it so you dodge the two electric balls at the bottom at the same time, but easier said than done. If you get hit, it's not the end of the world, but it's gonna cause problems later on down the line. His off-waves are easy to react to. He'll grab his head and flail. Just jump and air dodge just before they come out. If he tries to lift the stage, I usually just go towards the right and shield. You can watch the balls to determine where a safe spot will be, but they typically won't do anything, if you shield. His hammer attack usually won't even complete, as he gives you plenty of time to whack him once or twice before he completes it. Four up-smashes should end this form. In my run, this form kinda did some serious work on me. I think I finished around 70%

-Master Beast: Don't play around, here, and absolutely don't get greedy. You can three-shot him, but you have to be careful when you do it. Side Smashes are wonderful, but leave you wide open, here. If he jumps into the background or arches his back, shield. If he raises his tail skyward, get away. Always be ready to punish him, and stay towards the middle of the stage, if at all possible. In my run, this form got me once or twice, putting me around 90%. At this point, I was seriously clenching.

-Master Edge: This one's part skill/strats and part luck/RNG. Master Edge doesn't have any attacks that are inescapable, but you're not exactly fast, and depending on where you are when uses certain ones, you may not be able to avoid them. Feel free to wreck him after certain ones, multi-directional slashes and swirly twirly multi-blades of death being the obvious ones. This form will take about six-eight good aerial hits. In my run, I got nailed by said swirly twirly blades of death, but Ganondorf's already heavy and has nearly 100+ defense, so he survived the hit. Also took some energy shots from the guy, finishing around 130%

-Master Shadow: You'll find that this one comes down to whether or not Master Shadow wants to be nice. I've killed him without taking damage before, but also been killed in about two hits without dealing any, so watch yourself on this one. It's a Mirror match, but I found he was never really ready for a Flame Assault or a Wizard's Dropkick, so that helped. In my run, this went smoothly. He made me nervous with a sparta kick in the middle, but otherwise, he didn't even touch me. Finished around 140%

-Master Fortress first wave: I ran into the first ball unhealed, as there's no acid, so if I stayed towards the right, there'd be no problem. Almost regretted this. I left that cave at around 225% The bad thing about this build is that Ganondorf no longer has his command grab, so Stalfos are as annoying as ever, but aside from that, the first cave usually doesn't threaten him in the least. Got the ball, went back and grabbed that heart container, glad I hadn't gotten in the first time, that's a lot of damage I didn't need to be bringing with me. Go through the upper passage. Flame Assault will interrupt the flower. Drop down the chute, wizard's Dropkick will destroy the flower on the right, CAREFULLY make your way to the left and destroy the flower over there and any bugs that get in your way. This core will take two hits. The second wave of enemies shouldn't even bother you when you do this. Up-air, Up-B.

-Master Fortress second wave: Same strats on the tunnel. Ignore the Stalfos, or grab and throw him quick. The side-B should interrupt the flower. When you reach the end, double jump out and do a Fair to take out the spark that'll spawn there. He's deadly, so don't leave him be. One Fair should handle the core here. Go back, drop down the chute (if you haven't used the heart container, go OVER the chute to get it, as this is your last chance to do so. Side-B will get you past the acid.), take out the first stalfos as soon as you drop down. You can take out the second, but I find it easier just to ignore him. Again, Side-B will extend your jump. Use it. Down-B should get you through the next tunnel, double-jump side-B over the acid and dodge roll all the way to the left of the plant. Take both it and the Stalfos out as well as the plant at the left, on top of the last chamber, and the two sparks. Once you've cleared this room, the rest is a piece of cake. Be patient, wait for a platform to carry you to the core, get situated on the left and give it two uncharged up-smashes to finish it off. The second wave won't even have time to stop you.

After that, enjoy wailing on the core, but don't take too long or those off-waves will probably ruin your attempts at this challenge, and then you'd be really sad.

It was a long, clutcher of a boss fight, but I'm glad it went so well for me. Good luck, and feel free to use your own build, but a lot of the "ignore the second wave" stuff or "won't get it off before you take him out" stuff won't apply unless you have really high attack damage..

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

KO-Cub

@CapeSmash
That mountain metaphor doe.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic