Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,588

retropunky

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

I hope I'm not alone in this, but I adored the N64 Starfox.

Agreed. It's one of my favorite games of all time. Exhibit A of the long term irrelevance of games being long, as I've put 75+ hours into what is supposed to be a "1-3 hour game". And because 3D Schmups are so rare, it stays fresh. Some nostalgia bias maybe but almost everything about it was made extremely well.

I could say the same. Star Fox 64 was so simple, yet I kept coming back just to try different things like get better scores, try not to lose my wings on Hard mode, take the most difficult path, the diologue, the different diologue when certain events happen... etc.

One of my favorite games for sure in the 64 era.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

DefHalan

Well I know I am alone in saying my two favorite Star Fox games are Assault and Command...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

retropunky

DefHalan wrote:

Well I know I am alone in saying my two favorite Star Fox games are Assault and Command...

Assault was awesome. Although I didn't like Peppy's retirement

I haven't had the chance to play Command yet.

Edited on by retropunky

retropunky

Rezalack

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

I hope I'm not alone in this, but I adored the N64 Starfox.

Agreed. It's one of my favorite games of all time. Exhibit A of the long term irrelevance of games being long, as I've put 75+ hours into what is supposed to be a "1-3 hour game". And because 3D Schmups are so rare, it stays fresh. Some nostalgia bias maybe but almost everything about it was made extremely well.

I imagine that if they came out with a new Star Fox similar to 64 it would get even more playtime, especially with online features, time trials/challenges, etc. That would be awesome.. Star Fox 64 is definitely the best Star Fox and one of the better N64 games as well, which is saying something because N64 had a slew of classics. Many of which are my favorite all-time games.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

2Sang

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

Take me with you Ron Paul. Can we do barrel rolls on this train?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

bubble_bear

Dreamz wrote:

I hope I'm not alone in this, but I adored the N64 Starfox. The SNES version was okay, but the N64 version was one of my favorite games for the system (and I'm usually not a big fan of that genre).

Ditto. It also has my favorite character designs. After this game they messed with Fox's head so that he looks more like a weird cat now. I'm very interested to see how the new one will look. Nintendo has been really knocking art direction out of the park with the new Wii U titles.

bubble_bear

MsJubilee

Oh my wallet is going too bleed next year!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

kkslider5552000

Um...I'll believe it when I see it. Nintendo not delaying a game would be surprising I'll just say...

Random guess: it'll be another Captain Toad. A 40 dollar, somewhat shorter but still quality retail game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

cookiex

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Random guess: it'll be another Captain Toad. A 40 dollar, somewhat shorter but still quality retail game.

In fairness Star Fox games have never been particularly long (unless you count Adventures but that was a Zelda-style adventure game).

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Jacob717

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Um...I'll believe it when I see it. Nintendo not delaying a game would be surprising I'll just say...

That seems to be an ongoing occurrence with Nintendo. Captain Toad, Kirby Rainbow Curse, and maybe this too will be $39.99.

Jacob717

shingi_70

Old info but pretty intresting.

Miyamoto at E3 on Star Fox

"In an interview with GameSpot, game developer Shigeru Miyamoto revealed that both Project Guard and Project Giant Robot are connected to Star Fox for Wii U in some fashion.

Miyamoto has stated that the game's main story-line and overall presentation will be structured episodically, taking inspiration from the 1960s television series Thunderbirds, with the main missions featuring traditional Star Fox gameplay acting as "prime-time programming," while side-missions featuring more quirky, experimental game-play mechanics (such as those found in Project Guard and Project Giant Robot) act as "late-night programming."

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DefHalan

I don't think Star Fox is going to be a cheap title. With Captain Toad most of the assets were already made for 3D World. Star Fox probably will be full priced. (Maybe I am just hoping it will, I am at leasthoping for more content than 64)

Blast

Starfox U even existing is big.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kkslider5552000

DefHalan wrote:

I don't think Star Fox is going to be a cheap title. With Captain Toad most of the assets were already made for 3D World. Star Fox probably will be full priced. (Maybe I am just hoping it will, I am at leasthoping for more content than 64)

Well it depends, would you pay 60 bucks for Sonic Colors 2? I would if it lived up to the first game I think, but a game that short for 60 bucks...Nintendo can't take that risk perhaps...people would not like that. But for 40 bucks, I'll take 6-8 hours of a main campaign (including time spent on different levels for taking a different path I assume)

besides, DLC, it can be 20 bucks more later, more content, get one of the hundred other teams at Nintendo to make a decent multiplayer mode, we're good. Everyone wins in the end.

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Well it depends, would you pay 60 bucks for Sonic Colors 2? I would if it lived up to the first game I think, but a game that short for 60 bucks...Nintendo can't take that risk perhaps...people would not like that. But for 40 bucks, I'll take 6-8 hours of a main campaign (including time spent on different levels for taking a different path I assume)

besides, DLC, it can be 20 bucks more later, more content, get one of the hundred other teams at Nintendo to make a decent multiplayer mode, we're good. Everyone wins in the end.

Or...or... You let Platinum Games develop it the right way.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I don't think it will be that short. I wouldn't say no to DLC or a good Multiplayer byt I still think Nintendo is going to make Star Fox a full $60 game. I just hope they can get across how much content is in the game so people understand it is $60 well spent.

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Or...or... You let Platinum Games develop it the right way.

I was gonna agree but then the rest of this post got interrupted by a 10 minute cutscene.

seriously though, I'd love to see Miyamoto and Platinum on the same team but I really doubt that's happening.

shingi_70

You posted the least interesting info from the interview. At this point Ambiio support is pretty much sealed for every major game in the system.

Reconfirms that it will be out before Zelda.

-Miyamoto says that he is working on and playing the new Star Fox every day and jokes that his hands hurt as a result.
IMO this is this is pretty big news since this confirms that he (and Nintendo for that matter as opposed to an outside company) are working on it directly.

-Describes the basic gameplay: Cinematic (3rd person) view on the big screen, cockpit view on the gamepad. You are meant to split between the two while you are playing.
This sounds like the behind closed doors E3 2014 demo.

-In response to a His favorite Star Fox character is fox (he jokes that his eyebrows make him look like a Fox).

-Re-tells the anecdote about the shrine near him (with Torii gates that inspired the gameplay on the first Star Fox) that has a fox as the patron spirit.

-He confirms that it will have Amiibo support.
It is implied that it will be something on the level of the minor support in Mario Kart (this is partly my speculation).

My guess is that the game is going to in package similar to pokemon channel where it comes with a few different games all put together to similar to TV series.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

retropunky

I hope this game is a mixture of Assault and the N64 version. Not too many ground missions, but having just enough to shake things up. Also, why not have the Blue Marine return?

Multiplayer needs to happen like some co-op missions. It would be awesome to have one player in the air, the other on the ground!

retropunky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.