Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 521 to 540 of 14,636

Octane

Rezalack wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

FFS its 2015 Nintendo.

While FPS games can be played without voice chat the game becomes a whole new thing if you do voice chat with friends.

A bit sad but I met a lot of cool people doing halo randoms.

Yup, The fact that you can't even voice chat with friends is just beyond me. I don't understand why they would cut out something so friggin critical in todays pvp games. It's ridiculous. I can understand not being able to talk to randoms because it could be annoying, but why not friends? How are we supposed to communicate? This has killed some interest I had in this game. I was looking forward to it, but now.. just not as much I suppose.

@Rezalack The source only states that you cannot voice-chat with people you have met in that match. Voice-chat with friends isn't ruled out as far as I know.

Octane

Justlink

Rezalack wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

FFS its 2015 Nintendo.

While FPS games can be played without voice chat the game becomes a whole new thing if you do voice chat with friends.

Yup, The fact that you can't even voice chat with friends is just beyond me. I don't understand why they would cut out something so friggin critical in todays pvp games. It's ridiculous. I can understand not being able to talk to randoms because it could be annoying, but why not friends? How are we supposed to communicate? This has killed some interest I had in this game. I was looking forward to it, but now.. just not as much I suppose.

Didn't Smash not allow you to voice chat during a battle. Before or after they did, but not during. And wasn't that because of the lag it caused during battles in testing? Couldn't Splatoon be the same thing? Btw, hopefully online is as good or better than MK8 and not like SSB4 because the lag would kill my online interest in the game

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Rezalack

justlink wrote:

Didn't Smash not allow you to voice chat during a battle. Before or after they did, but not during. And wasn't that because of the lag it caused during battles in testing? Couldn't Splatoon be the same thing? Btw, hopefully online is as good or better than MK8 and not like SSB4 because the lag would kill my online interest in the game

I haven't played Smash yet so I wouldn't know. I suppose it could be the same thing, but this is a different kind of game from Smash. I can completely understand Smash not having Voice-Chat and honestly don't even care if it's missing, but if I'm playing a team oriented game, I like to at least have the option of talking to my team. :

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

DefHalan

justlink wrote:

Rezalack wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

FFS its 2015 Nintendo.

Lag is less of a problem for shooters than fighting games. Fighting games are very technical and the smallest amount of lag can destroy your game. In shooters Lag is a less serious problem. I am betting that friend speak will be on but nothing for general public, which is how I play games now anyways.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Retro_on_theGo

If you guys really feel its a missed opportunity, complain. Let Nintendo know. Facebook, twitter, hell email them, just try to make them aware. If something as simple as moving the replay button to the second option after a Mario Kart 8 race can patched after complaints, they'd probably take this into consideration.

Notice how they tried to integrate some kind of communication. I wouldn't doubt that this is a case of the new blood at Nintendo wanting it and the old suits not wanting to allow it.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Nicolai

Octane wrote:

@Nicolai Don't worry, don't take that last sentence as serious as the rest of my post. For those who want more people to voice-chat with in Splatoon (if voice-chat is possible with friends), there's plenty of options to find other people to play with. That's what I'm getting at.

Lol, I guess I kinda went a little too far into that. In short, local multiplayer rules.

Even though this doesn't confirm that voice chat with friends is out, based on the wording that's just a translation anyway, I find it odd that they bring up voice chat at all. You'd think that, if voice chat with friends during the match was a feature, they'd announce that first, before a comment about how it's not included in random matching is made. I mean, it would be a new thing for Nintendo, at least for their 1st party games.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

DefHalan

CanisWolfred wrote:

Octane wrote:

Don't have any friends? Make some

I'll make friends the day I have options besides human beings.

It is easy to make friends with a puppy

DefHalan

CanisWolfred wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Octane wrote:

True, though puppies can't play games...yet. Get on it, mad scientists!

Reason why touch screen gaming is so great. Anything can play games, just can they do it well?

Another idea, clone yourself

iKhan

CanisWolfred wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Octane wrote:

True, though puppies can't play games...yet. Get on it, mad scientists!

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Nicolai

Is anyone planning on translating the whole interview? I'd love to read it from the developer's "own words," more or less.

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Nicolai

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Does that last part confitm DLC? Seems like patching in reasonable criticism is definitely a possibility now.

Either that, or they mean that they'll continue to work to fix bugs, or that they'll run some sort of monthly contest. Probably DLC, though.

Got married.

jariw

justlink wrote:

Smash U has excellent online, if all players have good (full duplex) wired connections.

jariw

NinjaWaddleDee

I will be very disappointed if this doesn't have at least a friends only chat option. Mass Effect 3's multiplayer had it for crying out loud. I just wanted to play online with you guys from the Nintendo Life community.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

MsJubilee

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

I will be very disappointed if this doesn't have at least a friends only chat option. Mass Effect 3's multiplayer had it for crying out loud. I just wanted to play online with you guys from the Nintendo Life community.

I wonder if Devil's third will have voice chat,what am i saying?That game looks like it will have everything,that every online shooter has.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

NinjaWaddleDee

midnafanboy wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

I wonder if Devil's third will have voice chat,what am i saying?That game looks like it will have everything,that every online shooter has.

I think Splatoon's scores are really going to go under if they don't include voice chat in some capacity. I just can't imagine this game lasting long without it.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

CanisWolfred

I can't imagine the game being fun with it. I mean, fun for normal human beings who don't take pleasure out of annoying the living hell out of everyone around them.

Because that's all we're gonna get even if we did have it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

I can't imagine the game being fun with it. I mean, fun for normal human beings who don't take pleasure out of annoying the living hell out of everyone around them.

Because that's all we're gonna get even if we did have it.

to be honest, even decent people just have the worst sounding voice (worse than how they normally talk IRL) during most online games I've ever been on.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic