Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 14,636

Captain_Toad

MegaMari0 wrote:

I was so excited about splatoon that I thought the testfire was last Saturday and not this Saturday coming up. was staring at the demo for 20 seconds wondering why it wouldn't go until I checked online for the actual date....had a facepalm moment after that.

Oh good, I wasn't the only one. I borrowed my cousins wiiu only to figure out it was starting next saturday.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

jariw

In case you haven't seen it already, Nintendo's YouTube presentation of the Splat Charger earlier today:

jariw

Kai_

The music, it's just so good.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

Jacob717

If some of you still think the roller is OP, look at GameXplain's review copy stream on Twitch. He kept getting killed, because he was unable to attack the attacker with his weapon, and his score was lower than what it was when he used the Splattershot.

Jacob717

PayMeMunna

Super excited for another testfire! I haven't been this hyped for a game in a longg time, for a shooter even. I've been watching every Splatoon video just to ease the pain but it feels like I'm making it worse lol

Does anyone want to add me as a friend so we can play Splatoon online together?

What's everyone's Turf War "role" for what you played so far? Are you only offensive or do you prefer to cover ground? I like to both keep good coverage and press forward, attacking enemies if I encounter them!!

PayMeMunna

3DS Friend Code: 0576-4391-5878 | Nintendo Network ID: Selkaine

shingi_70

UGXwolf wrote:

So I just had a thought. Splatoon is Nintendo doing Evolve, but doing it right. It's a game that's entirely meant to be an online game. But Evolve is a bare bones experience with minimal bariety and all customizability locked behind a pay wall. Meanwhile, Splatoon is a full game that lives up to its price with multiple modes that force you to approach the game in a dofferent ways, multiple modes that let you get the most out of the game, but still manage to emphasize that this is an online game, and all that customization that's behind a pay wall in Evolve is unlockable in Splatoon. It really seems like Nintendo has once again shown the rest of the gaming Industry how it's done.

Is it though? Splatoon at the end of the day is a fairly straight forward concept. Evolve was that weird 5 player co-op horder mode battler than even when I played the Alpha last year just wasn't fun. Plus all the shadey pre-order stuff turned most people off and two months later no one is playing it.

Feel that if you want to make a game like Evolve it has to play more like Fable Legends.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

UGXwolf

shingi_70 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

So I just had a thought. Splatoon is Nintendo doing Evolve, but doing it right. It's a game that's entirely meant to be an online game. But Evolve is a bare bones experience with minimal bariety and all customizability locked behind a pay wall. Meanwhile, Splatoon is a full game that lives up to its price with multiple modes that force you to approach the game in a dofferent ways, multiple modes that let you get the most out of the game, but still manage to emphasize that this is an online game, and all that customization that's behind a pay wall in Evolve is unlockable in Splatoon. It really seems like Nintendo has once again shown the rest of the gaming Industry how it's done.

Is it though? Splatoon at the end of the day is a fairly straight forward concept. Evolve was that weird 5 player co-op horder mode battler than even when I played the Alpha last year just wasn't fun. Plus all the shadey pre-order stuff turned most people off and two months later no one is playing it.

Feel that if you want to make a game like Evolve it has to play more like Fable Legends.

Obviously from a gameplay standpoint, the only similarities are it being online and it being a team-based PvP and yeah, I'm aware that leaves a ton of room for interpretation. I was talking from a financial model standpoint, though. Maybe I should've specified that. If we're talking gameplay, then so far, Fable Legends is looking pretty much like "Evolve done right." So far. I haven't taken my eye off that game, nor do I plan on it.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

Jason723 wrote:

If some of you still think the roller is OP, look at GameXplain's review copy stream on Twitch. He kept getting killed, because he was unable to attack the attacker with his weapon, and his score was lower than what it was when he used the Splattershot.

The thing that will likely catch on shortly after this game launches is that it's a TEAM-BASED shooter. No single weapon is OP because in any instance, 1v4 is still very lop-sided. I think I've said before that the Roller is to Splatoon what Bowser was to Smash 4. Sure it LOOKS super OP, at first, but give it time, and people will realize that in combat, it's pretty bad. The difference here is that combat isn't the main objective. Yeah, it helps a LOT, but you wanna cover the ground, not destroy enemies, so as far as Turf War goes, if you don't have at least one roller on your team, you're gonna be at a BIG disadvantage. Of course, that doesn't mean you're doomed, but you'll find it hard to cover as much ground as the other team does. Your goal will be to lock the enemy team down, rather than take control of the field. If they can't spread their ink, they can't win.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

jariw

UGXwolf wrote:

Jason723 wrote:

The thing that will likely catch on shortly after this game launches is that it's a TEAM-BASED shooter. No single weapon is OP because in any instance, 1v4 is still very lop-sided. I think I've said before that the Roller is to Splatoon what Bowser was to Smash 4. Sure it LOOKS super OP, at first, but give it time, and people will realize that in combat, it's pretty bad. The difference here is that combat isn't the main objective. Yeah, it helps a LOT, but you wanna cover the ground, not destroy enemies, so as far as Turf War goes, if you don't have at least one roller on your team, you're gonna be at a BIG disadvantage. Of course, that doesn't mean you're doomed, but you'll find it hard to cover as much ground as the other team does. Your goal will be to lock the enemy team down, rather than take control of the field. If they can't spread their ink, they can't win.

I agree that rollers are like Bowser in Smash U, but in all the matches from the review copies I've watched, I have never seen a roller ending at the top of the list. Of all the techniques used so far by the reviewers, I think Andre's techniques with the Spattershot Jr. has been by far the most efficient to cover lots of ground. That said, there might be many undiscovered techniques regarding rollers and their subweapons.

Rollers are probably better suited for flatter maps like Saltspray Rig than uneven ground like Blackbelly Skatepark. But in the end, the choice of weapon set is only the first step, since it's combined with gear/perks.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

ZuneTattooGuy

PayMeMunna wrote:

Super excited for another testfire! I haven't been this hyped for a game in a longg time, for a shooter even. I've been watching every Splatoon video just to ease the pain but it feels like I'm making it worse lol

Does anyone want to add me as a friend so we can play Splatoon online together?

What's everyone's Turf War "role" for what you played so far? Are you only offensive or do you prefer to cover ground? I like to both keep good coverage and press forward, attacking enemies if I encounter them!!

I will totally add you, my username is Quinnsdaddy11. I live in Iowa in the United States and I too can't wait I have bought the digital version.

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

DefHalan

I think I am going to sit in the shower and hold myself for a few hours now...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Smash_kirby

Just saw a charge for the Amiibo three pack from WalMart.

Smash_kirby

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic