Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 11,881 to 11,900 of 14,636

DreamyViridi

@yokokazuo: Likewise! I had a good time.
I got connection errors beforehand on Turf Wars but while our squad battles were fine; there were times where I got splatted while I was behind solid walls. Did I look a bit off during the matches?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

yokokazuo

@DreamyViridi no I was just wondering if it was me since I kept on getting the message in the middle of some of our matches which prevented me from doing anything for a moment.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

DreamyViridi

@yokokazuo: Yeah, had that at times during some Turf War today. Didn't happen in those battles for me though; could've been caused by someone else in the match but idk...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TheXReturns

@Jazzer94 It's less a case of 'need' to, and more a case of that it's the only weapon type that I can't play, at all. I'm very good with a Roller, decent with a Slosher or certain Shooters, average with a Blaster or an Inkbrush, and meh with a Heavy/Hydra Splatling. Chargers are the only weapon type where I have no weapon that I can use to any degree more than "Really, Really Awful." So, I'm going to try to use my other NNID to start at C-, and get fairly decent with one. It'd just be nice to be able to have a full idea on how to properly play all weapons.

In answer to your question though, many of the best players, or at least, many of the memorable players are Chargers, so everyone tries to learn Chargers to 'become better', whereas, as we all know, a full team of Chargers can't do much against equally skilled, diverse opponents.

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Jazzer94

@TheXReturns: Off the top of my head I'd say that chargers don't really have more memorable players then any other weapon type, I mean there is Nikey, Dude and Cryptic being three that immediately pop to mind but you have players like Cody and Fuzzy using ttk who are arguably just as popular if not more at least for Fuzzy then Nikey and Cryptic. There are also rollers like Samu and blasters like Sendou I don't think chargers are necessarily the most popular.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

LzWinky

I see the matchmaking is still broken.

3 matches in a row, the entire opponent's team was a higher rank

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TheXReturns

@Jazzer94, Nah, I mean, of a match, the players that you remember are the ones that kill you the most often, which will normally be a Charger for most people.

LzWinky

I always go after the chargers.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Lycidas

Well, seems like I'm done with Splatoon, haven't been able to play a single match since Tuesday without getting disconneted after a couple of seconds. Shame that's happening but I'm fed up. up till then I could play with occasional connexion issues so my connexion can't be that bad. I mean otherwise I wouldn't have been ablo to clock in nearly 250 hours.

what do you think, are the amiibo challenges worth it? Haven't unpacked the splatoon ones yet.

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

LzWinky

They are actually quite fun. I recommend doing them

shani

TheXReturns wrote:

@Jazzer94 It's less a case of 'need' to, and more a case of that it's the only weapon type that I can't play, at all. I'm very good with a Roller, decent with a Slosher or certain Shooters, average with a Blaster or an Inkbrush, and meh with a Heavy/Hydra Splatling. Chargers are the only weapon type where I have no weapon that I can use to any degree more than "Really, Really Awful." So, I'm going to try to use my other NNID to start at C-, and get fairly decent with one. It'd just be nice to be able to have a full idea on how to properly play all weapons.

I think after playing Splatoon for hundreds of hours (right now I'm at 360 or so), it's just a way of keeping things interesting, but also to learn/experience the game from a different perspective (even if those weapons never become your mains). Even if I hate blasters, I still tried them for a while, not the least because of the interesting sub/special combinations, but also to find out what their weaknesses are if they splat you with one shot. Or the Nozzlenoise, it was really strange and really tiring for my fingers, but still interesting. Or the chargers, I loved the idea behind the Splatlings from the start and like the Mini splatling and the Hydra especially, but still haven't managed to master them.
And just yesterday, I went back to the singleplayer campaign and battled DJ Octavio again, just to unlock the Dynamo Roller (didn't know it comes with an echolocator). Subsequently I tried it out, and was quite surprised how slow it is, but also amazed by how easy you can splat a distanced enemy with the right timing. That makes me appreciated/respect all the times when I got splatted by a Dynamo roller more.
My favourite melee weapon remains the original slosher though, and I also like the speed of the brushes, but they're just too tiring for my fingers.

And I still haven't done the Amiibo challenges, that's something that I'm saving for last.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

TheXReturns

@Shani Yeah. I've bought every weapon now, barring the Hero Roller (as I don't have the Amiibo), and I'm working on buying all clothes so I can build sets to use with weapons I can't get my head around, to better understand the reach and speed of my opponents, to tell what fights I should pick, and where from. And then to ignore it, and blindly chuck ink at the opposition. XD After re-starting on my alternate profile, and making it to Level 6 only using a Splat Charger, I understand them a lot better now. Thinking of Splatoon, are you free for a squad/private now?

That extends to anyone else, if anyone's free?

(Side note, back in S Rank! Woo!)

Edited on by TheXReturns

veeflames

@TheXReturns: Ah man, congrats! Still trying to get back to S Rank, but I've been so busy during the week... and I'm still busy now, in fact. I don't think I'll be able to play Splatoon now.
Congratulations, again!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

TheXReturns

@VeeFlames Yeah. I just had a push with Rainmaker last cycle, and went back up from 62 to S. It's weird, because at one point, I was struggling about the B ranks, and I thought my skill had capped, and I'd never be any good, yet now I'm breaking even around S Rankers.

Good luck with the final stretch. Again. XD

shani

@TheXReturns: Yeah I wanted to play a bit of ranked in a few minutes anyway!

TheXReturns wrote:

...to tell what fights I should pick, and where from. And then to ignore it, and blindly chuck ink at the opposition. XD

Haha, I know that one! Sometimes it's like I just forget everything I've learned on purpose or out of arrogance or because I'm distracted or just because I don't care in that moment despite better knowledge just to have some fun.
I realized that when I don't play with full concentration/dedication in those situations, I revert back to instincts, which sometimes include doing dumb things that I got used to in the first months. It actually teaches one a lot about how the human brain works.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

TheXReturns

@Shani I'll be able to play only a few matches... I'll set the room.

EDIT: Looks like it'll just be the one match, but at least we'll finally have had our match. XD

Edited on by TheXReturns

TheXReturns

@Shani Really sorry, but I have to disapparate. It's nice to have finally played a match with you. XD

Good luck with Ranked!

Lycidas

@TingLz: thanks, then I'll be playing them to get my Splatoon fix and prolonge the fun a bit.

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

jariw

Nintendo has released an official video of the Callie/Marie concert at the Splatoon Koshien finals now:

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic