Forums

Topic: RUMOR - Big remastered game coming to Wii U in 2015

Posts 201 to 220 of 230

Atariboy

Bolt_Strike wrote:

GoneFishin wrote:

I could see Super Mario Sunshine HD happening in late 2016, but not 2015 so soon after Super Mario 3D World (Which just came out at the end of last November and won't even be a year old for several more months).

You do realize that Mario is the series that has gotten 6 main series games in the last 5 years, right? I don't think the phrase "too soon" has any meaning to Nintendo.

Mario is a brand attached to multiple series that regularly appears on both their hardware lines. yet only one Nintendo console has even ever gotten two 3D Mario platformers and those releases were two and a half years apart. All one has to do is look at history to see that the chances of a major Wii U 3D Mario release anytime soon is slim to none. They're not about to supersede one of the Wii U's most successful games anytime soon.

So I'll stick with what I said. I don't believe that there's a legitimate chance that we'll see Super Mario Sunshine HD anytime next year. If it ever happens and it's on the Wii U, the earliest I'd bet on it appearing would be spring 2016.

Super Mario 3D World will be one of the top performers on the Wii U's sales chart for quite sometime to come. I shouldn't have to be saying this at a Nintendo forum to Nintendo fans, but Nintendo's top software are perennials. When they have a hit like Super Mario 3D World, it will survive selling well at full MSRP for years.

If they're going to remaster a classic for release on the Wii U, they're not going to remaster one in a franchise that recently has received or soon will receive a major original entry. That's why Wii U definitely wouldn't be seeing remake of Majora's Mask next year despite multiple calls in this thread.

There's just no sense in it with a full original entry planned for release in the same year.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

ogo79

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled

Don't care for this particular art style at all, but yeah....Me want remastered Doki Doki panic!

in all honesty a remastered mario 2 doesnt sound like a bad idea, id st least watch it on youtube lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

8BitSamurai

I have a bad feeling a remastered Mario Bros USA would involve a NSMB aesthetic tho

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Dreamsleep

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, to get the team ready for an eventual HD sequel (Galaxy 3, or Universe, or whatever they want to call it).

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

VoodooTrumpet

One of the TimeSplitters games on the Gamecube (or both even bundled together) with online multiplayer would be rather fantastic.

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

Ketchupcat

Super Mario 64 DS HD. With even more stages and maybe more playable characters. Probably Waluigi, but who else? I'd like Toad, and maybe play as Peach after you save her.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

jump

Pie in the sky, Jet Set Radio PLEASE but it's probably gonna be Super Mario Sunshine or Galaxy.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TuVictus

Oh god a timesplitters trilogy remade in HD with online multiplayer is like my dream. But I doubt crytek would ever go for that

TuVictus

Punished_Boss_84

Operative wrote:

Oh god a timesplitters trilogy remade in HD with online multiplayer is like my dream. But I doubt crytek would ever go for that

IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN... Yesterday.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Gerbwmu

Would be smart on Nintendo's part to have 2 or 3 remakes considering the lack of 3rd party support for 2015. They need a very full schedule...even if some of them are HD remakes. Doesn't need to take away from what new games they are working on either as they can easily farm out the work to outside developers.

For my part I'd like an HD remake of the FE Radiant games from GC/Wii.
HD remake of Eternal Darkness.
HD remake of Sunshine or Luigi's Mansion.

Gerbwmu

Nintendo Network ID: TheGerbers

Bolt_Strike

GoneFishin wrote:

Mario is a brand attached to multiple series that regularly appears on both their hardware lines. yet only one Nintendo console has even ever gotten two 3D Mario platformers and those releases were two and a half years apart. All one has to do is look at history to see that the chances of a major Wii U 3D Mario release anytime soon is slim to none. They're not about to supersede one of the Wii U's most successful games anytime soon.

3D World is a completely different game from 64/Sunshine/Galaxy though, and past consoles have never had a game like 3D World, so I would say that this pattern does not necessarily hold. It's a completely different situation from having a second Galaxy because you'd be getting two different gameplay styles.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Atariboy

They're all very different from one another. That 3D World put its own twist on 3D Mario platforming doesn't change a thing. They'll come out with something new when Super Mario 3D World slows down one of these days. Until then, it occupies that position for the Wii U as the system's 3D Mario platformer.

Atariboy

Bolt_Strike

GoneFishin wrote:

They're all very different from one another. That 3D World put its own twist on 3D Mario platforming doesn't change a thing.

Not really. They have different themes and slightly different movesets, but it's all the same gameplay.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Atariboy

Bolt_Strike wrote:

GoneFishin wrote:

3D World is a completely different game from 64/Sunshine/Galaxy though, and past consoles have never had a game like 3D World, so I would say that this pattern does not necessarily hold. It's a completely different situation from having a second Galaxy because you'd be getting two different gameplay styles.

Regardless if you think they're reinventing the franchise almost completely with each iteration or recognize that they're instead always evolving it and building upon what they've done in the past, Wii U has a nearly brand new 3D Mario platformer. Nothing there changes that. It doesn't matter how different or similar it is to past efforts since that's not of any significance.

Wii U won't see a new 3D Mario platformer next year, original or a heavily remastered version of a classic, since it simply doesn't need another at this time. They're not about to make Super Mario 3D World, which will be a mover of Wii U systems and one of its top sellers for quite sometime to come, yesterday's news anytime soon. Not only do we have that business logic to support that, there simply isn't any past evidence to support Nintendo following up so quickly with another major 3D Mario platformer on the same system. That's not how Nintendo has ever worked and we have nearly 20 years of history to support that.

3DS would make far more sense for such a thing since 3D Land is fast approaching its 3rd anniversary this Fall. So if we get a quick 3D Mario platformer project next year, be it Super Luigi 3D Land with Luigi and a new set of levels within the engine of Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario 3D Land 2, or another adaptation of a classic with a new port of Super Mario 64 (I don't think they could pull off the water cannon of Sunshine adequately with the stock 3DS hardware), 3DS is far more likely to be the recipient.

If we get a remastered classic for the Wii U next year, logic dictates it will not only be a popular classic, but in a franchise underserved on the Wii U. Wii U is too desperate for software for them to not position each release carefully where as the competition like Sony could release a remastered classic a few months in advance of a big release almost just as a promotional tool unlike Wind Waker U that was one of Nintendo's biggest titles for 2013.

The timing simply isn't right for Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, and the like to be remastered or remade for the Wii U. Wait for lulls between original releases for these to be considered.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

Kolzig

F-Zero HD remastered. Insta-bought first day perch if that would happen.

Nintendo Network ID: Kolzig

Bolt_Strike

GoneFishin wrote:

Regardless if you think they're reinventing the franchise almost completely with each iteration or recognize that they're instead always evolving it and building upon what they've done in the past, Wii U has a nearly brand new 3D Mario platformer. Nothing there changes that. It doesn't matter how different or similar it is to past efforts since that's not of any significance.

Yes it is of significance. A new entry in the 3D series would likely cannibalize sales, but a different style of game would be filling a gap in the gameplay variety. And if you really believe that the existence of one Mario platformer on the market eliminates the need for another, why have both NSMBU AND 3D World within a year of each other? By your logic, there was no need for 3D World because we already had NSMBU. And since those games were more similar to each other than 3D World is to 64/Sunshine/Galaxy, there's even less reason to discredit the idea of a collectathon game.

GoneFishin wrote:

Wii U won't see a new 3D Mario platformer next year, original or a heavily remastered version of a classic, since it simply doesn't need another at this time. They're not about to make Super Mario 3D World, which will be a mover of Wii U systems and one of its top sellers for quite sometime to come, yesterday's news anytime soon. Not only do we have that business logic to support that, there simply isn't any past evidence to support Nintendo following up so quickly with another major 3D Mario platformer on the same system. That's not how Nintendo has ever worked and we have nearly 20 years of history to support that.

If you really think any game can remain a primary driver of sales for the next 3 years you're sadly mistaken. It'll last a year or two at most and then people will get bored of it, and then people will be wanting a new Mario game. And if Nintendo operated by that logic, we wouldn't have games like Galaxy 2, NSMB2, or 3D World since there were already several other Mario titles on their respective consoles.

GoneFishin wrote:

3DS would make far more sense for such a thing since 3D Land is fast approaching its 3rd anniversary this Fall. So if we get a quick 3D Mario platformer project next year, be it Super Luigi 3D Land with Luigi and a new set of levels within the engine of Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario 3D Land 2, or another adaptation of a classic with a new port of Super Mario 64 (I don't think they could pull off the water cannon of Sunshine adequately with the stock 3DS hardware), 3DS is far more likely to be the recipient.

These would be terrible ideas for new Mario games, 3D Land 2 or Luigi 3D Land would be overkill since they probably don't have any new ideas for it and would just add to the complaints of recent Mario games being rehashes, and they only do NSMB games once per gen. The only options left are a collectathon game or a new style of gameplay entirely.

Bolt_Strike

Octane

Assuming Nintendo is making a remastered game; here's what I think. First of all, the source called it a ''remaster'', not just an HD update.

I don't think they're going to release any Wii games again, the Wii U is backwards compatible, so there's no reason for them to do so. How about Zelda? We already got an HD version of a previous installment, and with Zelda U set for 2015 as well, I don't see another Zelda game coming next year. Games like Mario Kart, Mario Party, Animal Crossing and Super Smash Bros. have no reason to be remade, as a new version naturally gets released on a new system. Star Fox U is set to release in 2015 as well, again it would be counter intuitive if they released a remake of a previous installment as well. I also doubt it'll be an obscure game, if they remake something, they'll choose something that sold decently well before.

What is left? Mario 64, Pokémon Snap, Wave Race 64, Kirby 64, 1080°, Pilotwings 64, Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario? If I had to bet on any number of games, it would be one of these. Remakes are always difficult to predict in that you can always find good reasons as to why it is unlikely for said game to be remade, but I think that a remake of one of these games doesn't seem too awkward considering the lineup of 2015 games.

Octane

Atariboy

Bolt Strike, when Nintendo releases Super Mario Sunshine HD next year, feel free to rub my nose in it. Until then, I'll respectively stick with what I said. But I will address a few incidental points that you seem to think support your hypothesis.

Bolt_Strike wrote:

If you really think any game can remain a primary driver of sales for the next 3 years you're sadly mistaken. It'll last a year or two at most and then people will get bored of it, and then people will be wanting a new Mario game.

Sales charts such as throughout the Wii's lifespan where games like Mario Kart Wii stuck around for years in the top 10 on the Wii suggest otherwise.

GoneFishin wrote:

And if Nintendo operated by that logic, we wouldn't have games like Galaxy 2, NSMB2, or 3D World since there were already several other Mario titles on their respective consoles.

I've clearly been discussing the situation as it pertains to a single platform. If you want to talk about the Wii or the 3DS, we can do that. But I've been talking specifically about the Wii U and Wii U software.

GoneFishin wrote:

3These would be terrible ideas for new Mario games, 3D Land 2 or Luigi 3D Land would be overkill since they probably don't have any new ideas for it and would just add to the complaints of recent Mario games being rehashes, and they only do NSMB games once per gen.

Makes far more sense than Super Mario Sunshine HD in 2015 for the Wii U and actually has some precedent in Nintendo's history to lend some credence to it unlike your Sunshine dream. We saw Nintendo release an ambitious expansion for New Super Mario Bros. U featuring Luigi. Now that so much time has lapsed since the 3DS received a 3D Mario platformer, doing something similar to that for Super Mario 3D Land or even a full sequel with the same engine like Super Mario Galaxy 2 was, isn't nonsense.

And why bring up that they only do one NSMB title a generation? If that means anything to you, even though I never suggested they'd release a sequel, why are we here discussing your dream of Super Mario Sunshine HD for?

Not only has there only once been an exception to the one 3D Mario platformer per system rule since 1996, it was a full two and a half years between the two. Super Mario 3D World isn't even a year old. If you're suddenly paying attention to past precedence here, it's puzzling how you can reconcile that fact.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

Bolt_Strike

GoneFishin wrote:

I've clearly been discussing the situation as it pertains to a single platform. If you want to talk about the Wii or the 3DS, we can do that. But I've been talking specifically about the Wii U and Wii U software.

You were the one who brought up history. And even on the Wii U, we already have two Mario games.

GoneFishin wrote:

Makes far more sense than Super Mario Sunshine HD in 2015 for the Wii U and actually has some precedent in Nintendo's history to lend some credence to it unlike your Sunshine dream. We saw Nintendo release an ambitious expansion for New Super Mario Bros. U featuring Luigi.

NSLU was DLC that was turned into a full game as a promotional gimmick for the Year of Luigi. That isn't a situation that's likely to be repeated.

GoneFishin wrote:

Now that so much time has lapsed since the 3DS received a 3D Mario platformer, doing something similar to that for Super Mario 3D Land or even a full sequel with the same engine like Super Mario Galaxy 2 was, isn't nonsense.

Galaxy 2 got a full sequel because they had plenty of leftover ideas and they couldn't simply make them DLC. Considering 3D Land already got somewhat of a sequel in the form of 3D World, I doubt they have any leftover ideas after those two games. So there's no reason for them to come out with another one until next gen.

GoneFishin wrote:

And why bring up that they only do one NSMB title a generation? If that means anything to you, even though I never suggested they'd release a sequel, why are we here discussing your dream of Super Mario Sunshine HD for?

Not only has there only once been an exception to the one 3D Mario platformer per system rule since 1996, it was a full two and a half years between the two. Super Mario 3D World isn't even a year old. If you're suddenly paying attention to past precedence here, it's puzzling how you can reconcile that fact.

I think it goes beyond one and done for 3D Mario, I think it's that Nintendo doesn't like to repeat particular ideas on the same console, and that theory is backed up by the fact that there are many examples of how they only have one of each style of game per console with a few circumstantial exceptions (such as Galaxy 2's new ideas excuse, or if they do a remake to tide over the fanbase until they can get a new game out such as with Wind Waker HD). Simply assuming that there's going to be one 3D Mario game for the Wii U is like assuming that there would only be one Mario game altogether until the Wii. And guess what happened then? They created the NSMB series that gen and made the unprecedented move of putting one on the Wii as the first 2D game to appear on a console. Now this generation has another new style of Mario game, the 3D series, which also has the potential to break the one 3D per console precedent and give the 3DS/Wii U three different Mario platformers. So whatever they decide for the next Mario game, more than likely it's not going to be a NSMB game or a 3D series game. Those styles have already been exhausted for this gen. But we still have collectathon style which is as of yet untouched on both 3DS and Wii U, so unless they want to come up with a 4th style of Mario platformers, the next game is likely to be a collecathon game.

Now as for the possibility of Sunshine HD, I don't think they'll waste that collecathon slot on a remake, I think they're probably going to do Galaxy 3. But the possibility for it still exists if it turns into a Wind Waker HD/Zelda U scenario and they need a remake such as Sunshine to hold people off until Galaxy 3 comes out. At any rate, it's still a possibility.

Bolt_Strike

conman2012

I'd be happy with a Fire Emblem remaster, to fill in a genre currently missing out on the 'U.

As always, who really knows though eh.

conman2012

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.