Forums

Topic: Ninja Pig Studios (Meme Run): The Immature Developer

Posts 281 to 300 of 310

Eel

Guess they either will put it back later or simply got in touch with the owner of the graphics.

Edit: glad to see the owner got their hands into this, maybe the developer will replace them with something more original.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

PhotonStorm

They didn't get in touch with us, no. I expect they're frantically hunting for some genuine license-free "cat" and "duck" graphics at the moment.

PhotonStorm

Twitter:

Eel

Oh!

Welcome to the forums, too bad it had to be like this

I hope things will be sorted out. This publisher is not exactly known for being very mature.

Maybe someone should draw them something, since 16*16 pixelart is apparently so hard to produce

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Bloodix

Wow, I can't believe he would result to stealing graphics like that.

ZeNfA Productions
Created Wii U Game: ZaciSa's Last Stand (Tower Defense)

Twitter:

TeeJay

PhotonStorm wrote:

They didn't get in touch with us, no. I expect they're frantically hunting for some genuine license-free "cat" and "duck" graphics at the moment.

Hey there. This particular developer is scum, so don't expect anything but lies and excuses and even accusations from him.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

SKTTR

To me they've proven

• they haven't got much coding skills: one short tap-the-right-spot "quiz" game and a simple glitchy runner. This is the first class of programming. The beginner level of game development. The early ridiculous tests before you develop a real game.
  • they don't have graphics artists or art designers in their team. They always use free or stolen art. Never anything new or original.
  • they don't have good taste, ideas, talent. After Meme Run did you expect their next big Wii U project was another runner?! Just wow!

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Eel

Well, their development team consists of a 20 years old and his little brother.

That in itself should be something admirable, but they kind of... Ruined it for themselves.

Bloop.

HollywoodHogan

Nintendo stole Mega Man to use him in Smash Bros and I think that is a much more serious theft

Friend to all SJW's

MsJubilee

MasterBlaster wrote:

Nintendo stole Mega Man to use him in Smash Bros and I think that is a much more serious theft

And Sonic! And Pac-Man! Those thieves!!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TeeJay

midnafanboy wrote:

MasterBlaster wrote:

And Sonic! And Pac-Man! Those thieves!!

At least they took down Snake

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

ninjapigstudios

Going to repost this...but this is my response to the whole Jumpy Cat situation.

This has become an overblown misunderstanding due to people jumping to conclusions without bothering to get the facts first.
During the summer of 2014, I was mentoring and working with a 14 year old who has been learning to code over the past few years. I am always happy to collaborate and share information with young developers as they strive to meet their goals. There were many people that helped me along the way when I had questions and needed coding help, so this was my way to give back to the community. After months of hard work going through the learning process, the young developers Jumpy Cat game was complete. I offered to publish it as my company product since I felt the student did a good job with the game, and it was well received by others that we asked to test it.

During the development process, I asked the young developer where he got the art, and was told it was from a site which allowed its reuse. There was never an intention on the part of the young developer or myself to “steal” anyone’s product. If Photon Storm would have sent me a private message informing me that the art on his site is only allowed to be utilized for free games, I most certainly would welcomed a professional conversation with him to discuss the matter further. There was never any intention on my part to deceive, nor did I behave in a “jerk” manner which @PhotonStorm accuses me of.

This is the comment and unwarranted claim by Photon Storm:

“Due to the speed at which the page was removed I believe it was Ninja Pig who pulled it, and not Nintendo. After they lied to us on twitter about where they "found" the art of course.

The saddest thing of all is that had they bothered to ask, we would probably have let them use the art anyway! (had full credit been given). But it's always the same.. they take and act like jerks when challenged over it, rather than apologise. Just sad to see this happen on a console I love so much.”

I handled this situation in the appropriate and professional way by removing the game from the market until I could research the legitimacy of Photons claim further. Photon did not make himself clear in his Twitter post which game he was accusing me of stealing art from. I never lied to him, I only needed clarification of what game he was accusing me of stealing his art for since I have 2 games on the Wii console, and Jumpy Cat was scheduled to be released on Thursday. I invited Photon to contact me offline so we could professionally discuss the matter further, rather than on a public venue. Photon has not elected to contact me offline, therefore I opted to delay the release of the game until I could speak further with the young developer about the art in question.

Prior to this incident, I have never had any interaction with Photon Storm. Therefore, I do not know how he can accuse me of the following “they take and act like jerks when challenged over it”. Nor did I lie on Twitter. I was simply trying to resolve which piece of art for what game they were talking about. Had Photon Storm contacted me directly, this situation could have been handled in a more professional way rather than knee jerk reactions and making unprofessional, unwarranted and inappropriate comments and slander on public venues. It is unfortunate that a misunderstanding became so enraged because the party in question did not have all the accurate information. I am offering an olive branch apology to Photon Storm for the misunderstanding, and would appreciate an apology in return for the unwarranted slanderous accusations.

Edited on by ninjapigstudios

Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios

Twitter:

MsJubilee

ninjapigstudios wrote:

Going to repost this...but this is my response to the whole Jumpy Cat situation.

This has become an overblown misunderstanding due to people jumping to conclusions without bothering to get the facts first.
During the summer of 2014, I was mentoring and working with a 14 year old who has been learning to code over the past few years. I am always happy to collaborate and share information with young developers as they strive to meet their goals. There were many people that helped me along the way when I had questions and needed coding help, so this was my way to give back to the community. After months of hard work going through the learning process, the young developers Jumpy Cat game was complete. I offered to publish it as my company product since I felt the student did a good job with the game, and it was well received by others that we asked to test it.

During the development process, I asked the young developer where he got the art, and was told it was from a site which allowed its reuse. There was never an intention on the part of the young developer or myself to “steal” anyone’s product. If Photon Storm would have sent me a private message informing me that the art on his site is only allowed to be utilized for free games, I most certainly would welcomed a professional conversation with him to discuss the matter further. There was never any intention on my part to deceive, nor did I behave in a “jerk” manner which PhotonStorm accuses me of.

This is the comment and unwarranted claim by Photon Storm:

“Due to the speed at which the page was removed I believe it was Ninja Pig who pulled it, and not Nintendo. After they lied to us on twitter about where they "found" the art of course.

The saddest thing of all is that had they bothered to ask, we would probably have let them use the art anyway! (had full credit been given). But it's always the same.. they take and act like jerks when challenged over it, rather than apologise. Just sad to see this happen on a console I love so much.”

I handled this situation in the appropriate and professional way by removing the game from the market until I could research the legitimacy of Photons claim further. Photon did not make himself clear in his Twitter post which game he was accusing me of stealing art from. I never lied to him, I only needed clarification of what game he was accusing me of stealing his art for since I have 2 games on the Wii console, and Jumpy Cat was scheduled to be released on Thursday. I invited Photon to contact me offline so we could professionally discuss the matter further, rather than on a public venue. Photon has not elected to contact me offline, therefore I opted to delay the release of the game until I could speak further with the young developer about the art in question.

Prior to this incident, I have never had any interaction with Photon Storm. Therefore, I do not know how he can accuse me of the following “they take and act like jerks when challenged over it”. Nor did I lie on Twitter. I was simply trying to resolve which piece of art for what game they were talking about. Had Photon Storm contacted me directly, this situation could have been handled in a more professional way rather than knee jerk reactions and making unprofessional, unwarranted and inappropriate comments and slander on public venues. It is unfortunate that a misunderstanding became so enraged because the party in question did not have all the accurate information. I am offering an olive branch apology to Photon Storm for the misunderstanding, and would appreciate an apology in return for the unwarranted slanderous accusations.

I wonder where's our apology for making meme run and making a pissy fit when NL gave the game a bad review.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TeeJay

Based on your previous actions @ninjapigstudios I find it impossible to believe that you would suddenly decide to conduct yourself in a calm and professional manner.

64supermario

This has been...a very interesting turn of events. I'm also very sorry @ninjapigstudios ...but I can't take any thing you say seriously.

Boss Conquest and Epic Gamers on YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCr-BdNM7x84aTBodCXQNlOg Also Majora's Mask is the best game ever! Search your feelings you know it to be true!

Nintendo Network ID: 64supermario | Twitter:

mystman12

WOAH WOAH Woah woah woah! People, stop bashing ninjapig for apologizing. He may have said a lot of awful things before, but look- he's made a well written apology and a request to have a private, professional conversation. He's finally done something right, so don't yell at him for it. And I'm not saying I've changed my opinion on the company- I still won't ever support them- but hey, even the bad guys can make the right decision every now and then.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

64supermario

mystman12 wrote:

WOAH WOAH Woah woah woah! People, stop bashing ninjapig for apologizing. He may have said a lot of awful things before, but look- he's made a well written apology and a request to have a private, professional conversation. He's finally done something right, so don't yell at him for it. And I'm not saying I've changed my opinion on the company- I still won't ever support them- but hey, even the bad guys can make the right decision every now and then.

Fair enough. But actions speak louder than words and I shall keep most my criticism to a low for now then. But I'm not necessarily against vocal majority either, hopefully it nails in the fact of what is wrong and is used for future improving to avoid mistakes like this in the future..hopefully.

Boss Conquest and Epic Gamers on YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCr-BdNM7x84aTBodCXQNlOg Also Majora's Mask is the best game ever! Search your feelings you know it to be true!

Nintendo Network ID: 64supermario | Twitter:

LzWinky

mystman12 wrote:

And there is the possibility that he's lying right now. It's harder to trust someone that's made bad decisions in the past

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

FriedSquid

mystman12 wrote:

It sounds to me like he's asking for an apology. He's basically putting the blame on @PhotonStorm by saying, "Look how mean and unprofessional you're being to me! You should have asked me privately. Now I'll apologize to you but I want an apology in return!"

I bet he wouldn't be so compliant and apologetic if he wasn't forced into the public eye about this.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.