Posts 721 to 740 of 4,852

luisesteban

Blast wrote:

starts crying tears of joy

Checked!!!

luisesteban

NinChocolate

New features in Mario Kart 8 include:

Spin Boost: While racing upside down or on walls, players can bump into other racers or certain track obstacles to get a speed boost. The Spin Boost fundamentally redefines the way that players compete, and makes anti-gravity racing even more exhilarating.
Returning Characters: In Mario Kart 8, players can race with returning characters Metal Mario, Lakitu and Shy Guy. These newly revealed returning characters join a host of previously announced favorites, including all seven of Bowser’s Koopalings, who are playable for the first time in video game history.
New Items: Two new items join the fray in Mario Kart 8. First, the Piranha Plant attaches to the front of the player’s kart and chomps at other characters, banana peels on the track or even shells thrown by other characters. Each time the Piranha Plant lunges forward to bite, the player receives a brief boost of speed. The second new item is the Boomerang Flower. After acquiring it, racers can throw a Boomerang at opponents to stun them, and its arc allows players to strike multiple opponents with a single toss. The Boomerang can be thrown three times – forward or backward.
New Courses: Remixed classic courses make a return in Mario Kart 8, with favorites such as Moo Moo Meadows from Mario Kart Wii, Toad’s Turnpike from Mario Kart 64 and Donut Plains from Super Mario Kart, among others. The graphics and layout of these courses have been redesigned and re-imagined. For example, Toad’s Turnpike now allows players to drive up certain walls in anti-gravity mode. Mario Kart 8 will include 16 new courses and 16 remixed classic courses.
Live Recorded Music: For the first time in the Mario Kart series, select courses in Mario Kart 8 feature music recorded by live performers.
Control Scheme: Mario Kart 8 will support a variety of control schemes, including the Wii U GamePad, the Wii U Pro Controller, the Wii Wheel and the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. The game can also be played in off-TV mode using just the Wii U GamePad.

Edited on by NinChocolate

NinChocolate

Shirma_Akayaku

YESSSSSSS OH MY F**KING GOD YES IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL YES YES YES YESYEYSEYSYESYEYS!!!!!!!!!!
GIMME MARIO KART 8 RITE NAO!!!!!!!!!

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

19Robb92

WiiULoveGBA wrote:

Live Recorded Music: For the first time in the Mario Kart series, select courses in Mario Kart 8 feature music recorded by live performers.

That's fantastic. Can't wait to hear the OST.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Dragonfly224

Gamexplain does WONDERFUL work.
Can't wait for this game! I really wanted these 3 maps to be in though: Coconut Mall, Wario's Gold Mine & Waluigi Pinball. Oh well, still Day 1 buy for me.
I got my Moo Moo Meadows & I'm very impressed with how they remade it.

Edited on by Dragonfly224

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

Shirma_Akayaku

I was hoping for Mushroom City, but Toad's Turnpike blows Mushroom City out of the water!!! I can't contain all my excitement!!!

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Budda

Dragonfly224 wrote:

Gamexplain does WONDERFUL work.
Can't wait for this game! I really wanted these 3 maps to be in though: Coconut Mall, Wario's Gold Mine & Waluigi Pinball. Oh well, still Day 1 buy for me.
I got my Moo Moo Meadows & I'm very impressed with how they remade it.

Except Wario's Gold Mine, they have been used for retrotracks already.
Maybe there will be Wario's Gold Mine? ;D There is 1 Retro Track left to get revealed.
Edit2: Actually I should inform myself before I talk. lol There is only one unknown left. =/

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

NinChocolate

Royal Raceway is really quite breathtaking in comparison as well. Bravo, Konno!

NinChocolate

citizenerased

I love how Mario's moustache and ShyGuy's mantle flop in the wind

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Budda

So apparently there are 2 other retro tracks leaked.
In one of GameXplain's MK8 gameplay you can see at Sunshine Airport a sideboard with "GCN Sherbet Land" and "N64 Yoshi Valley" on it.
I didn't see it, because I am blind. lol Can someone confirm that?

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

somari

two rainbow roads, this is going to be the best mario kart game ever.

somari

vonboy89

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

So apparently there are 2 other retro tracks leaked.
In one of GameXplain's MK8 gameplay you can see at Sunshine Airport a sideboard with "GCN Sherbet Land" and "N64 Yoshi Valley" on it.
I didn't see it, because I am blind. lol Can someone confirm that?

I'm really hoping for Yoshi's Valley, myself. Like the GameXplain guys already said, just think of all the crazy possible routes they could come up for that course. And having that one course again where you have no clue who is ahead of who until the end would be chaotic and awesome!

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

Bolt_Strike

The new tracks don't really impress me yet (maybe I'm not looking at the right ones), but I'm really impressed with the amount of detail they put into some of the retro tracks. Moo Moo Meadows and Royal Raceway look amazing, and N64 Rainbow Road looks like a completely new course. I might actually buy this game.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Booboos35

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!

If you can't say it without swearing, then please refrain from posting. --Raylax

Edited on by Raylax

The King Of Strong Style

e-love

If you haven't watched the video of this game at 60 FPS yet, do it. It's so amazing. The Youtube videos aren't doing any justice.

I'm so excited for this game!
Very happy to hear about the live music recordings for some tracks.

I wonder if the character roster is all done though? Are the Koopalings really the only newcomers?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Sonicfan11589

Emaan wrote:

If you haven't watched the video of this game at 60 FPS yet, do it. It's so amazing. The Youtube videos aren't doing any justice.

I'm so excited for this game!
Very happy to hear about the live music recordings for some tracks.

I wonder if the character roster is all done though? Are the Koopalings really the only newcomers?

Can u post a link to where i can find videos with 60fps showing?

Sonicfan11589

Booboos35

N64 is getting some serious love! SO hype!!

The King Of Strong Style

Bambeezie

I'm curious if you will be able to jump off the left barrier at the beginning of N64 rainbow road for a nice short cut like you used to be able to.

Bambeezie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic