Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 661 to 680 of 4,852

2Pac

This is on the official Nintendo Of America, Mario Kart 8 Game Page: Returning features include 12-player online play*, gliders, underwater racing, motorbikes, and custom karts.

the switch is pretty cool.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6550-4870 | Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

Big_L91

NintendoXtreme1 wrote:

This is on the official Nintendo Of America, Mario Kart 8 Game Page: Returning features include 12-player online play*, gliders, underwater racing, motorbikes, and custom karts.

nope, it just says and more now. im not saying your lying just that its been changed.

put it on.

2Pac

UGXwolf wrote:

Booboos35 wrote:

^ Dude...... But if they deleted it does it mean that they wont do it anymore or they just want it to be a suprise?

It could mean a number of things. I'd like to think that it means they realized that talking about talking about it is against their NDA with Nintendo, but it's possible that the info they had hoped to bring us was actually not going to be free to the public until much later. This could also mean--if you're a pessimist and just want to think the worst--that MK8 has been delayed, and instead of big news, we'll just be getting a new release date for August.

Check their Corection post of the date of when they did the Mario Golf Stuff. It's still coming.

MikeLove

Blast wrote:

@DestinyMan @UGXwolf @ShadowFox254
Hahahha I'm just saying that Mario Kart 8 should be a really high quality game....
Its doomed to get terrible hate for horrible reasons.
The entire Wii U fanbase might get called children cuz of this game, for example.

Why though? All the other major first party releases for the Wii-U have have been rated highly by fans and critics alike. There has yet to be a bad MK game yet, and there's no reason to doubt that this one will be great from what we have seen so far.

Even friends of mine who don't care about most Nintendo titles still have a soft spot for the MK series, so I have to believe it will be another huge hit.

MikeLove

cookiex

Far as I know Mario Kart is pretty popular among casuals and hardcore gamers alike, even those that don't care much about Nintendo's other titles save Smash Bros. / Zelda. MK8's been praised across the board ever since it was revealed unlike Mario 3D World or Donkey Kong (even if the latter IMO got unfair treatment).

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

UGXwolf

@JohnRedcorn Lemme see if I can translate this a bit so it connects properly. You're entirely justified in your misinterpretation, by the way. I totally see how you got this wrong.

What he's saying is that the game will be great. It's probably going to be well-loved by Nintendo fans and critics alike, but there will be morons out there that hate on this game for stupid reasons, like "Oh, my God, Mario Kart's such a kiddie game! Forza/Driveclub is the way to go, you twerp!" Not to mention the ever popular "You mean that game that gives first place to the worst drivers? Yeah, that's /so/ gonna be the reason I get a Wii U eye roll "

You know, the usual flaky reasons that people decide not to play Nintendo games.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Mine01

I saw it on neogaf, i tought some would like ot read this

A guy from neogaf wrote:

From a Belgian blogger who apparently got his hands on the “new demo”:

• 32 tracks in the game (16 new, 16 retro) https://twitter.com/PlaneteNintendo/...78564100653056
  • The new demo only gives access to 16 of these tracks, but it has all items, characters, and includes Mario Kart TV mode https://twitter.com/PlaneteNintendo/...20293230764032
  • There are 2 brand new items in Mario Kart 8 https://twitter.com/PlaneteNintendo/...31887050403840
  • The game runs at 60fps with 1/2 players, 30fps with 3/4 players (no info about 5 players so maybe it's not even available at all) https://twitter.com/PlaneteNintendo/...93106780229632
  • More information will be officially revealed at some time next week, possibly Thrusday

Edited on by Mine01

Mine01

3DS Friend Code: 5000-3484-9808 | Nintendo Network ID: soakedmine

2Pac

Mine01 wrote:

I saw it on neogaf, i tought some would like ot read this

A%20guy%20from%20neogaf wrote:

From a Belgian blogger who apparently got his hands on the “new demo”:

• 32 tracks in the game (16 new, 16 retro) https://twitter.com/PlaneteNintendo/...78564100653056
  • The new demo only gives access to 16 of these tracks, but it has all items, characters, and includes Mario Kart TV mode https://twitter.com/PlaneteNintendo/...20293230764032
  • There are 2 brand new items in Mario Kart 8 https://twitter.com/PlaneteNintendo/...31887050403840
  • The game runs at 60fps with 1/2 players, 30fps with 3/4 players (no info about 5 players so maybe it's not even available at all) https://twitter.com/PlaneteNintendo/...93106780229632
  • More information will be officially revealed at some time next week, possibly Thrusday

I hope the courses thing is not true, But....THAT STILL SOUNDS LIKE AN AWESOME GAME!!! I bet GameXplain will reviel that this Week.

Booboos35

2 new items ^

The King Of Strong Style

2Pac

Booboos35 wrote:

2 new items ^

Seems Likely enough.

Shirma_Akayaku

I actually hope there's 10 cups in total compared to the previous 8 cups. 40 tracks = more variety.
I hope the Freezie is an item, not the Ice Flower.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Booboos35

Yeah I would love if they would have 5 new cups and 5 retro cups (Wasn't SNES and GBA like this?) I mean come on, who wouldnt want more courses?

The King Of Strong Style

Shirma_Akayaku

Booboos35 wrote:

Yeah I would love if they would have 5 new cups and 5 retro cups (Wasn't SNES and GBA like this?) I mean come on, who wouldnt want more courses?

Maybe for the last Nitro Cup, it could be called the Planet Cup.

The last Retro Cup could be called the Bullet (Bill) Cup.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

DefHalan

I hope the All Cup comes back from double dash, it was awesome

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Shirma_Akayaku

DefHalan wrote:

It was awesome... for Double Dash. I don't think it'd fit very well in MK8.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

DreamyViridi

An All-Tour New Cup / All-Tour Retro Cup sure but one with all 32(+?) tracks would take too long.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Jazzer94

Rosalina wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Especially with two people.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DefHalan

Rosalina wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Why not? My brother and I played All Cup for days trying to get the highest Rank. It was so much fun. I wouldn't mind having it again. Not sure if they should allow it to be played online but I think it would be very fun for single-player.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jazzer94

Hopefully this will be the general reaction to Mario Kart 8's release.
Untitled

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic