Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 221 to 240 of 4,852

CM30

Neither games need a 'turn around'. The only reason Tropical Freeze gets treated poorly is idiots constantly thinking Retro should be working on Metroid or some other niche series instead of one of the best selling 2D platfomer franchises that ever existed, Or in other words, delusional people that somehow think some 'hardcore' looking game with a 'realistic' art style is somehow going to bring Nintendo the same people as on the Xbox One or PS4.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

LzWinky

So disappointment leads to hype which leads to disappointment, then rinse and repeat?

Anyhow, Nintendo needs to have a Nintendo Direct on this soon

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

JonnyKong

I think we're going to get a new trailer for this and Smash Bros in the next Direct for sure, a nice preview for 2014 so to speak.

I really hope they play on the gravity aspect and go hell for leather with their imaginations. I want to see really crazy course design/upside down bits. I bet we'll get a large circular tunnel that when you drive through you can drive all the way round it meaning the green shells will be pretty dangerous no matter if you're upside down or upright.

Edited on by JonnyKong

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

cookiex

Rainbow Road should be the ultimate showcase of the anti-gravity feature. Loops, corkscrews, Mario Galaxy-style sphere racing, the possibilities are endless.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Jazzer94

I think a feature they should bring back is double dash mode at least for multiplayer as it would be awesome to form my old team again baby Mario and Para Troopa.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

GamecubeMan

Is it just me or does the game pad, so far seem under used? I mean there are a number of possibilties and it would be a shame if the only defining feature the game pad displayed was a wheel with a character spefic logo horn on it.

Edited on by GamecubeMan

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

LzWinky

Give it time. No console has ever been fully taken advantage of during its first two years

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

Wonder_Mask wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I don't recall there being that much disappointment for Mario Kart 8. I think it's Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze that's in need of a turnaround.

Honestly, I'm betting DKTF is gonna be one of Ninty's more niche titles in recent years, >if it even releases.<

WTF is that supposed to mean?(the text in arrows)

For me, I was pretty underwhelmed from DK:TF. It's looks better the more I look at it, though. DKCR was ok, for me. The smooth animations and more stuff going on in the game confuses the hell out of me sometimes. It's a pretty far jump going from the SNES games to these newer ones.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not good at that HTML stuff.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

19Robb92

GamecubeMan wrote:

Is it just me or does the game pad, so far seem under used?

Agreed. As for Mario Kart 8, I hope they use it in local multiplayer. Having one player playing on the GamePad alone and the other one on the TV. That'd be sweet.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Big_L91

the thing with gamepad usage in this game it that local multiplayer needs to be balanced you couldnt for example put a rear view mirror on it because the person on the gamepad would have a big advantage in avoiding stuff coming from behind. off tv play will be mk8s biggest gamepad feature but im okay with that.

put it on.

CM30

Big_L91 wrote:

the thing with gamepad usage in this game it that local multiplayer needs to be balanced you couldnt for example put a rear view mirror on it because the person on the gamepad would have a big advantage in avoiding stuff coming from behind. off tv play will be mk8s biggest gamepad feature but im okay with that.

Eh, I don't know about that. Nintendo and balance in Mario Kart?

Because bikes and karts were so, so balanced in Mario Kart Wii, right? Oh wait, the former was literally ten times more useful than the latter. Mario Kart games have always had balance issues, so a GamePad related one isn't that much of a big deal.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Budda

Guitardude7 wrote:

Uh...not to sound whiny but...Is NOONE Going to comment on my find? I mean.....its pretty interesting if I do say so myself!

I just quote that quote:
"However, the developers found it too confusing because the game already had too many distractions, making it difficult to control where to place items while racing."
Same will count for Wii U. You actually answered your question yourself.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Snagrio

CM30 wrote:

Big_L91 wrote:

Eh, I don't know about that. Nintendo and balance in Mario Kart?

Because bikes and karts were so, so balanced in Mario Kart Wii, right? Oh wait, the former was literally ten times more useful than the latter. Mario Kart games have always had balance issues, so a GamePad related one isn't that much of a big deal.

Though for the record bikes apparently won't have the wheelie ability this time, so they shouldn't be as broken.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Budda

Guitardude7 wrote:

@BlueBlurlxM That quote only pertains to the DS because that system probably couldn't have handled such a feature. The Wii U however seems like it could do that somehow with its far superior hardware. I think its something that's possible on Wii U.

They meant it gameplay wise. Imagine how difficult it would be to race and place an item for example at the same time.
Anyways. It wouldn't work because only one player can use the gamepad. They could have used it for MK7, but they didn't.
I can see them using it for a special mode or battle mode, but I doubt it.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

JonnyKong

Why do I have an awful feeling they're going to announce a delay for this game today.

cookiex

JonnyKong wrote:

Why do I have an awful feeling they're going to announce a delay for this game today.

You can rest easy knowing that it's still scheduled for Spring.

Today's new trailer:

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

JonnyKong

Holy balls, looks amazing.

Snagrio

With his recent relevance, I actually kinda want Kranky Kong in this. I can just imagine him winning or losing a race and rambling for several minutes about Blue Shells and online play.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic